Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

why would you want to move to a different server ?
    If you really want to do that , there are transfer baubles you can buy from the cash shop .

Thanks for the information Kaitheel .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Antz Member

Ok, just saw on this page: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Deepice_Dreams
    that there is a Requirement: Must have the Terrors of Thalumbra expansion
    Then I googled how to get it. Bought it for free from the Marketplace. It opens to this page: https://www.everquest2.com/expansion-content - where it costs to get expansions.

It's all ok with me, I'm very happy with all the Frostfell fun during school break, but since a couple players really tried to figure this out, thought I'd share!

Happy last few days of Frostfell, everyone!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...when did you start playing? Are you like super brand new, or are you a returning player from before Terrors of Thalumbra's (ToT) expansion (which would be......hm......November, 2015)? Because if you started any time after that, then that expansion, with all its zones, cities, etc., would be included in whatever expansion you started with. :)

The ones since Terrors of Thalumbra have been:

Kunark Ascending (KA), 2016
    Planes of Prophecy (PoP), 2017
    Chaos Descending (CD), 2018
    Blood of Luclin (BoL), 2019
    (newest) Reign of Shadows (RoS), 2020

The new ones usually come out officially in November or December of their release year, but can be pre-ordered before then, and starting with, I believe, Kunark Ascending, they've gone on sale anywhere from 50% (and there is much rejoicing when that happens!) to 25% (most recently; much wailing and gnashing of teeth, including by yours truly, who fortunately has a generous spouse [I'm greedy, I want the Collector's Editions] :D) just before the next expansion is due to be released for pre-order in the following year.

So, if for example, you came in for Planes of Prophecy but haven't really played since then, you'd still have access to ToT, so you should've gotten the quests. On the other hand, if you'd started with Tears of Veeshan (2013) or Altar of Malice (2014) and had a long hiatus, then yeah, you wouldn't have access to Terrors of Thalumbra yet. :-/

If I were you, I'd wait until Reign of Shadows goes on sale, unless you really want to run your toons through those particular quests during this Frostfell. All you'd need to do then would be to get the Standard Edition, and that would give you access to everything you'd missed along the way. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As far as going to a different server works, just create a character, and when it comes time to choose which server you want to start on, pick something other than Skyfire. :)

You can have up to 7 characters for free; you can get more by spending $10 for a character slot (or you can get more than just one more; ask me about my Horde someday :D).

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

:confused::confused: :confused: I am really confused now just went on one of my free to play accounts where I never bought an expansion on
    and my toons there can do the quests . ( looks around I hope the devs did not see what I just said )

how can you find out what expansions you own ?
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

just a question , why does the Frostfell Drake house pet cost less than the Frost Fae Drake Plushie ?
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

Type /show_account_features in game.

Uwk, ftp accounts do NOT get all expansions any longer and only get 2 character slots. I think the last expansion given to ftp was AOM.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks Tkia

weird on one of my accounts I bought the last expansion , but I get blocked when I try to buy a membership .

And it appears that the last free expansion I received for my free accounts was Terrors of Thalumbra, that would explain why I can do all Frostfell Quests on all my accounts , that's interesting I thought the last free expansion was AoM too .
  9. Antz Member

I first started 10 years ago. (My Account Age is 3994 days). I only had macs so I played sporadically when I could borrow a PC lol. Last year I finally came back to EQ2 having bought a PC. Like I said, I'm very casual!
  10. Antz Member

DId that and these are my Expansions (thanks, I didn't know how to do that!)

The Bloodline Chronicles
    The Splitpaw Saga
    The Fallen Dynasty
    Desert of Flames
    Kingdom of Sky
    Echoes of Faydwer
    Rise of Kunark
    The Shadow Odyssey
    Sentinel's Fate
    Destiny of Velious
    Age of Discovery
    Chains of Eternity
    Tears of Veeshan
    Altar of Malice
    Beastlords
    Dungeon Maker
    Mercenaries
    Reforging
    Tradeskill Apprentice
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea , your missing the one expansion you need to do the quests in the Frostfell Headquarters besides maybe the self delivering presents .
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, but if you buy, say, Reign of Shadows, even if you're free-to-play, you should get all the expansion zones and whatnot before that, right? Because if you can't access Blood of Luclin, and Chaos Descending, and etc., what's the point of even bothering? I know they stopped automatically giving us access to zones and such two years after a given expansion in question was released with AoM (I'm not a complete idiot, despite popular opinion ;->), but if you buy even the Standard Edition, you had BETTER get access to everything that came before it. >:-/

And yes, with free-to-play (F2P), you only get 2 "free" toons, but you can certainly get more with bought character slots. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Exactly, yeah. /sigh

So, yep, if you want to do those quests for this Frostfell, you'd need to get at least the Standard Edition of Reign of Shadows. :)

Good luck, Antz! :)

Uwk
    who's gotten the expansions from KA on (only skipped Terrors of Thalumbra specifically [and missed out on the cool recipe books...sigh], but at least Kunark Ascending gave me access to Thalumbra), and very rarely played in them yet; most of my triple-digit level toons got that way via a Token ;->
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Now they're doing it deliberately. There's nothing around Santa Glug but Gazebos and the giant leaf picnic thing. :mad:

It has ceased to be amusing a long, long damn time ago. Please make BOTH of those not able to put up in the Village, Kaitheel, or at least within 300 yards of Santa Glug. >:-/

Uwk
    Finora and Breanna like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: I'd noticed (and whinged) about this before, like Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2018, but it seems to have been "fixed," or is at least more helpful to those of us who aren't level 80+ Adventurers: the Gallivanting Gifties RNGeezus that hates you and sends you off to Stonebrunt Highlands when you're not 80+ seems to also have been convinced to have the gifties and the numbers of marauding aggro critters around the Druid Ring not path quite so close to each other this year! Thanks, Kaitheel! :D

Didn't have to yell for my toon's "big sister" once to have her plow the field... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yep, when I came back when Kunark Ascending launched - I had stopped playing right after Cobalt Scar (so before Vesspyr) - and I couldn't do the ToT Frostfell quests because I had ftp up to AoM. it never changed since then (and I ended up buying PoP and more recent ones anyway)
  17. Trajan New Member

Has Frostfell been switched off with today's patch - or is it still active until midnight?
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

Live servers are still down for patching, but Frostfell is still up on test server and I believe I saw Kaitheel respond somewhere that 11:59 pm was the endtime still.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks for telling me about the test server still having frostfell
    ( quickly drops what ever she was doing and runs over on to the test server )

this can't be true I just got on to the test server and now the regular servers are unlocked
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes, he said that in his official post for the event on the Public Test forum, and they said that on the official announcement (3 days late, but still) when they finally got around to posting it.

Ignore the calendar; it's wrong. Thankfully.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.