Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, it's also doing it with the, "Here you go, here's your present, now bugger off" announcements, too, if there's a large crowd.

Seriously, it's infinitely better on Test, where there's just one of each and it sort of "blinks" between each instance of it.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Huh. As there is no design difference between live and Test for Frostfell, I am not sure why you would be observing a difference, unless it simply has to do with the amount of players interacting with Santa Glug at the same time.

~ Kaitheel
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nah, 'cause I have had the "oops, wrong nanosecond attempt" bit myself on Test, and there wasn't a long scrolling clutter of "Not yet, stupid" word balloons all over the place, just one after another in the exact same spot. :-/

Even if there isn't and it is just an artifact of Test, can we PLEASE make it so on Live and other servers? Seriously, filling the screen with either Good or Bad word balloons is probably one reason why so many folks park themselves directly in front of or on top of Santa Glug for several minutes, waiting for their turn, just in case they won't be able to see him through the flood any other way (or they could just be jerks, but seriously, the word balloon flood is a real problem). :-/

If Santa Glug doesn't have the "I'm talking to this person now, too, even while I'm talking to you! :D" NPC window/target focus/whatever show up the way Bankers, Merchants, and others do, then we can make a new special rule for that for him, too, say I. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the wisdom of our mom always comes through , we would not know what's up and how things work without her .
    I am so happy we got you on our side Niami :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. wankw1969 New Member

bug quest.

Quest name: A Gigglegibber's work is never done
    Zone: Greater Faydark

Details:
    After killing some mobs for Gigglegibber, I went back to him (in kelethin) to complete the quest.
    But hes not at his location. Hes gone.
    I found him in another spot in the same zone, but hes not talking to me.
    So I'm cant complete the quest.
    Please help. Thanks

character played: Godtank
    server: Kaladim
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

was he down below ? because if he did , that's a known bug and all you need to do is relog and hes going to be back where he belongs .
  7. daicia Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd pop by and mention that there doesn't seem to be an official announcement that Frostfell has gone live for 2020. The 2019 is the only one that comes up.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

It's up now daicia maybe they needed some prodding and the cash market now is also stocked with Frostfell merchandise.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, barring this getting fixed, I know there was a way to put up a "shield" around the Public Quest things in The Commonlands for Erollisi Day, so people couldn't deliberately crowd so bloody close in to the critters/target/etc. (especially with large mounts, entourages, etc.) that no one else had a chance in hell of being able to get anywhere near them. Can we PLEASE do something like that for Santa Glug? Many's the time where I've had myself in my usual spot that I found was the best since 2006, to the side of the tree, only to find at least 2-3 jerks (or maybe just one jerk with way too many pets, familiars, mercs, etc.) all but doing obscene things to poor Santug and blocking all the rest of us. Not so much on Test or Thurgadin, but often on the "regular" live servers. :-/

I'd suggest a radius along the lines of between the lines of "set decoration" presents, candy canes, bags of coal, etc. at the tree and Santug himself, where we can touch him, hail him, etc. but not get any physically closer. Is that possible? :-/

Uwk
    daicia and Breanna like this.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

Marketplace still does not have holiday bundles for chocolate coins. :confused:
  11. daicia Well-Known Member

I concur! This is a nuisance every year!
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And since I usually park myself right outside that radius... ;->

Uwk
    who had it happen again tonight on Thurgadin, of all places...how very disappointing :(
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

As long as you're in hailing range of him, you can "/target santa" and "h" to hail, at least. I agree, though, folks on huge mounts are annoying when they stand on top of an npc like that. Many of them have mounts hidden, and "forget" that it only makes the mounts hidden for them, not their mounts hidden for other players
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I have seen people go afk on top of needed NPCs , that's even worse .
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

At least one person, can't recall which server it was, but somewhere in the States, bellowed out, "LET'S EVERYONE GATHER CLOSE TO THE GIFT GIVER!" or something like that. I laughed, at least, and /said back, "Hope that was sarcasm! :D"

'Cause, seriously, this is really, really annoying. Santa Glug needs a "snowglobe" of his own to stand in. :-/

Uwk
    Whilhelmina and Breanna like this.
  16. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

WOWZERZ!!! You did your homework and a half here!! I can't wait for some handy decorator to replocate one of those red and white striped cathedrals! What inspiration!! It all feels so POLISH ... LOLOL!
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

historically buildings like cathedrals or public buildings wore strips to mark their importance .
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And to catch the eye! :D

Uwk
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: The whole "let's snuggle up REALLY, REALLY CLOSE TO SANTA GLUG!! :D" bit seems to have gotten especially out of hand this year. To be fair, I have seen some folks zoom up close, realize there's other folks around, and pull back out of politeness, but way too many just horn right in there, either them and/or their entourage of pets, familiars, mercs, etc., etc., etc.

So without further ado, may I present the diagram of my idea for a Santug barrier, akin to the ones for the Erollisi Day in The Commonlands Public Quest event:

[IMG]

The gobbo in the middle is Santa Glug himself, with his helpers to the sides. An invisible, physical barrier that would still enable people to click on him would also help prevent folks getting stuck in the presents immediately behind him (which has happened to...ah...people I know :oops:) and should also be pet-, merc-, familiar-, etc.-proof. :)

I think this would be greatly appreciated (by at least me, though I know others have had issues with rude idiots) for next year. :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Finora like this.
  20. Finora Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'm just special or if I found a bug that slipped through.

I took an alt pally that has been barely played since AoM to try to do the new quest only to realize her gear was level 95 stuff from AoM and completely unsuitable for the new quest unless I wanted to be at if for the rest of the night. So after I killed off the first mob, I left to pick up appropriate level gear from Tishan's lockbox in PoP. When I return, everything goes much better...until I get to Cryoglass. The little globs that are supposed to be there to spawn him are not there, so he will not pop. I even walked around aoe'ing to check if they were under the world.

So, it seems if by chance you go in and kill a mob & have to leave, the final mob will not spawn.