Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Kaitheel Developer

LOL!

Yeah, zone art doesn't change with event activation... hence, why the event requires an update for it to be turned on or off.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Some great bug fixes have been submitted internally to address the issues you've found, so far:
    • Holly Jolly Leather Gloves, Armwraps, Boots, Bracers, Greaves, Handguards, Shoes - Armor item name has been corrected when crafting multiples.
    • Merry Plate of Frostfell Pastries, Festive Plate of Frostfell Pastries - House item name has been corrected when crafting multiples.
    • Frostfell Cinnamon Stripe Arched Door Frame - House item name has been corrected.
    • Sugar Sweet Dreams - Pet spell scroll has had its description edited to be accurate.
    • Shelled Frost Mulcher - Pet spell scroll has had its description edited to be accurate.
    • Tan Frosttail Reindeer - Pet spell scroll has had its description edited to be accurate.
    • Frostfell Wonderland's Icy Mines - Players should no longer get stuck on the zone entrance.
    This should definitely help to keep the season's celebrations going strong!

~ Kaitheel
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, that's because they are! The art available is the same. This was also true for the Joyous Tidings and Frosty Deepice armor footwear.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Always, love! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Did they ever get fixed, or was it intentional? I know a lot of the boots/shoes/slippers/sabatons/etc. don't always vary from set to set; main difference seems to be height (slippers vs. boots, etc.). :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

THANK YOU! :D

I take it, Mum might have a "sneak peak" at the eye candy for the Norrathian Homeshow crowd? :)

EDIT: Hang on; you said 9 and 7, respectively; where are the others? Haven't found them yet? :) And frankly, I hope we don't have too many more Pets coming along; those are Heirloom, aren't they? :-/

And the Jolly-Filled Frostfell Cube...is that a Pet, or a Plushie, or a Bouncer? :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Link going over there now, along with full lists of new vs returning gifts and such.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well if there was a Overseer quest for Frostfell last year , can't it just get recycled like any old quest ?
    Sorry I just got Overseer last month so I would not know what went on with it all year around .
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, it's intentional, yeah.

~ Kaitheel
  10. Kaitheel Developer

No, we didn't have Overseer introduced for events in 2019. There aren't any Overseer quests for Frostfell, yet. Next year.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok we can get to that next time .
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, Qeynos doesn't have it up yet either... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The Cube is a Pet; Lera will be pleased. ;->

Couple of new things she has on her site:

Decorative Glacial Candycane
    Snowflake Holiday Fruit Basket

Not sure about the third thing yet; if I get something not on the list from Santug, I'll add it here. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG!!! I didn't catch this until seeing it mentioned at Denmum's Trader's entry!!! Only one thing to say about that:
    THANK YOU!!! :D
    That thing has been plaguing the Village for entirely too long. Thank you SO MUCH for freeing us from its shackles! :D

EDIT: D'oh! I shoulda known; also in that splendiferous Denmum article, she had a complete breakdown of all the new Santug gifts (just need to figure out the last old ones we're getting this year...)! :) Waaay too many Pets this time, which probably means they're all Heirloom and thus, not obtainable on the Broker (on the other hand, best not to have to spend several thousands of plat on the Broker this holiday season; speculators should never be encouraged at any time [actually, the things I'd wish on speculators would get me in trouble with the Geneva Convention, let alone the censors here ;->], but especially not nowadays). :-/

And Kaitheel: since we're now getting able to make some of the Gumdrops ourselves as part of the recipes (okay, so they're Plushies; still, thanks for that, too! :D), can we get the craftable, personalizable Cards as recipes some other time, like next year? :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Kaitheel like this.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

There is a wall that can be walked through in the new frostfell instance (I haven't checked the original area in Kylong for the same bug)/ I can walk through the wall and go to the other side.
    Loc is 479, 356, -1527
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

I noticed that this happens coming out as well. Will your fix apply to both directions or will it need a zone specific tweak?
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Here's the map of the new zone (entrance is to the left)

[IMG]
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! Thank you for providing this! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BUG/FEEDBACK:
    Something is glitched with "A Deepice Mystery." I'm a level 110 Fury, able to take out the various ice critters with a few blows, but when it comes to Jarok Frostpetal and Frostbite, nothing works. It's not helping that there seem to be TWO "Jarok Frostpetals" in the area, one of whom is "not an enemy," apparently. There was one other player in at the same time, a level 110 Wizard, but I had no "locked encounter" symbols for the combat. The aggro Jarok was firing spells and what-not at my Fury until he ran out of power (fortunately not affecting me much), and I was throwing every powerful spell I had on those two, both affecting Grouped and individual Targets, and there was about as much reduction in hit points to them as one might expect for the patchwork foes in the Heroes' Festival PQs (though even just plain weapon damage wasn't affecting either foe much at all).

If this is a Bug, please fix it; I can't close out the quest once and for all until I defeat both of them (right? It does just say "Battle Jarok Frostpetal and Frostbite." In the old days, that meant "kill" them). If this is intentional, that we NEED to group like with the patchworks for Heroes' (though this is supposed to be a Solo quest, according to the Wiki article), my Feedback is that it's an extremely bad change, especially on Test when there might not be anyone else on the server in the Village to forcibly group with (or if they are there, doing other quests). :mad:

EDIT: Tried again, only this time, two FROSTBITES spawned as well as two Jaroks; one set isn't aggro, but may be absorbing damage for the "real" ones? Seriously, this is either quite, quite borked or very badly changed. In both combat attempts, I finally just broke off and ran until they no longer counted for XP/treasure/"encounter rewards." How much do I have to "battle" them until the quest updates? >:-/

If this is because there's another PC of my level, who may also be on the same quest, in the same zone, how much worse will it be when there's 10-20 of them lined up for that one last step? :-/

EDIT: Tried again after the other PC left the zone and I was the only one there. Once again, another set of Jaroks and Frostbites spawned (though the "real" ones didn't aggro until I'd stood there, staring at them for awhile), and once again, I could do very little->anything against them. X-P

EDIT: Tried AGAIN; this time, the "stationary, bored" set were not the set that popped in; those later arrivals were the aggro set. About the only thing they can do to me (the aggro, new arrival Jarok being my full level; the aggro, new arrival Frostbite being 2v; should be easy, right?) is to root me (until I whip out the Cure spell) and occasionally do a bleed effect. Yawn. >:-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Left the FF Village zone, went back to New Halas, did other things. Came back in, tried again. Nope. Deleted the bloody quest. Went back to Jingle, started it up again. Defeated the potion component holders in Lavastorm and Everfrost handily. Went back to Jingle, got potion, thawed everyone, reported back. Went after the ice critters. Defeated them with a combo of Maddening Swarm VI (Grandmaster) and Starnova V (Grandmaster; did more damage than regular Starnova VI) each time. No sweat. :)

Defeated the singular three-headed critter without much more effort (think it took Nature Blade, Rank 9, and/or Primordial Strike, which was what I was using on the Lavastorm/Everfrost targets). Can't get past the last two (well, FOUR) dorks. X-P

The interesting thing was, in the Combat Chat Window, I could see the maths used against me, but nothing of what I was doing to them, points-wise. Once I looked it up in the actual log, there were my points, in the neighborhood of tens of thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands of hit points done to them with each blow or spell, and nothing seemed to be scratching the aggro ones at all (and yep, I was very careful to only target the aggro ones after they started in on me). It was like I'd sneezed on them, with them freaking out less than we would about it now in RL. X-P

Uwk