Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah! My Gnome Shadowknight Provie Bristlebane follower has the "dark" version one. I didn't know they'd been pulled... :(

Uwk
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes!!! I saw him last night after 6 PM PST in Qeynos!!! YAY!!

He isn't done making my gift because Ttobey refuses to help him, Ttobey should get nothing but rocks, coal, and switches.

You however Kaitheel should be getting candies and cookies and all of your wishes!!

Cyrrena
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is actually a new thing or not, but I think it's Feedback worthy, at least, if not Bug (not sure which it is)...

Was looking up all my old Frostfell quests (some older than others ;->) to fill in Denmum's buddy's Quest Tracker, and I'm tearing my hair out over the "Feelin' Gifty in _______" sort of thing. It's not repeatable, apparently (which is sad...), but it's also not listed on the Completed Quest list anywhere that I can see (not under World Events, unless I'm blind [which is possible]), nor is it listed anywhere in the only other place it might be, in the Achievements section. I just did the "A Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done..." thing that usually is the prerequisite, went on over to G'shugahplum afterward, and got nothing from him other than a generic happy holidays kind of wish. Which is nice, but if you've already done a quest, especially a non-repeatable one, couldn't the NPC's dialogue say something like, "Thanks for all you's help! Merry Frostfell!" or something to let us know we've done it, no matter how long ago? :-/

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Same thing with "The Giftgiver's Dilemma" quest. :-/ All the subquests register as being done, including even "Raiding the Gifty Storehouse," which comes afterwards. Why not Dilemma? :(

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On Test, we have access to the Guide quest, "Lost Frostfell Gifts" all the time. However, it doesn't seem to be repeatable on Test? Is it on other regular live servers?

Uwk
  6. Daryx Well-Known Member

Feeling Gifty is listed under the city you did it for. (The City of Freeport, Neriak, Kelethin...) I have The Giftgiver's Dilemma showing in my World Event list.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, it would be like "Qeynos Feelin' Gifty"? Or "Feelin' Gifty in Qeynos"? Haven't found it under the latter...

When did you do The Giftgiver's Dilemma, how long ago? Before or after the Achievements thing? That might make a difference... :-/

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, never mind; just finished doing the "Feelin' Gifty" quest literally just now; no credit anywhere for it. :-/

Uwk
  9. Daryx Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I just did Feelin' Gifty in Kelethin on a newer character, and it shows up under the Kelethin category under completed quests. Haven't gotten to Giftgiver's Dilemma on him yet.

On eq2wire it shows you as completed Feelin' Gifty in Qeynos, so it did register but it says 2006-11-28.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's under KELETHIN in Completed Quests??! Why? It's a World Event! Crying out loud, no wonder I couldn't find it. >:-/

Thanks! And yeah, frequently it'll blow off stuff that was done "too early." :-/

Uwk
  11. Kethryl Active Member

My son is having a different issue, in that Meg isn't offering him the quest at all. My account appears to be able to get the quest. Is there a certain expansion or other requirement on 'Little Lost Goblin' that perhaps we don't have on my son's account?
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That might be, since I think it either came out with the expansion that introduced us to Maldura (with that series of quests) or the one after. Probably the one after, if you both can get the Maldura stuff. :-/

They're pretty good about archiving stuff here, so I'll check on last year's Frostfell official entries, and maybe Denmum has a write-up on it from when it came out (last year? Year before?). :)

EDIT: Yeah, it was introduced in 2016, according to Denmum. If you do have that expansion, or have the most recent one (which should include all the stuff from the last two expansions), then it may be a bug. :(

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Kethryl Active Member

My son is still working his way up, so we haven't purchased the expansions for him yet. Probably won't happen before Frostfell ends, so I may not have a way of confirming this is the issue.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you are using a zone in Kunark descending for the goblin quest , so yes unfortunately you have to have that expansion in order to do that quest.
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

I supposed it is because the different cities have different gifts and people to give the gifts to. so they need to have soem way to make sure you know you have to do it in the city you start it in.
  16. Austerity Member

The new "Ferocious Cool Mint Striped Steed" mount is no trade, please make it heirloom like all the other Frostfell mounts?

I checked to see if anyone else on the forums mentioned this, I found nothing but if its redundant disregard. Thanks!
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I thought I'd remembered seeing it listed in the World Events once you'd finished it, though, back in the old days, as in "Feelin' Gifty in New Halas" or "Feelin' Gifty in Qeynos" or whatever, in the F's... :-/

Uwk
    who also remembers when the Nights of the Dead Haunted House (for Qeynos or Freeport, started by the goblin ticket seller) was in the World Event list, and not separate under a "Haunted House" category with one entry :-/
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, it's not that bad an expansion; I always read it as "Kunark Ascending"... ;->

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

I know it's really late for this, but I was spending some of my E'ci Tokens and noticed that none of my 101+ characters can see the weapon options anymore. I had planned to buy a couple (the swords that look like they are made of ice specifically) but they just aren't visible for any character over 101. They show up just fine on anyone 100 or lower.

It wouldn't be much of an issue if they weren't no trade, but alas, a couple of characters that I didn't buy them on before seem to be out of luck now.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

oops what you said my Kitty friend :3 :oops:
    " Kunark Ascending " up not down