Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

These are available (well, not the Cape, but the Candles) as gathers from the Present nodes...in place of actually useful materials. :-/

Uwk
    who wouldn't mind seeing them on the merchants instead
    Pijotre likes this.
  2. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Heya Uwkete,

as far as I'm aware the presents only net you the Sombre and Stately Frostfell Candles not the Saturnine and Solemn ones.

Best regards

Pijotre Kajek
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! My bad; must've gotten the others from Santug at one point. At any rate, I totally agree with you; there are a lot of old gifties that we should be able to have on the merchants. Like the old rewards we're getting now on the Loyalty Merchants! :)

Uwk
    Pijotre and Prissetta like this.
  4. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Like the Santa Glug plushie!
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Not at all! That should be repeatable. I think I see the issue with Meg, the quest giver on this one. I would like to confirm that I have correctly fixed the issue. Can you please give me your character name and server?

~ Kaitheel
    Pijotre and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Good catch! I'll swap it out for one of the others, for next year.

I'll take a look at 'em!

Thank you for this list! That will absolutely help!

~ Kaitheel
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! We'll look forward to it! :)

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK/BUG/QUESTION:
    In the "Removing the Grump" portion of the quest, The Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump, I made the mistake of jumping in without any Stealth items (makes the whole thing infinitely easier/faster/etc.), so I used the "Home" package to get back to the Qeynos Frostfell area. Got my stuff, came back, tried talking with Pinchy Presentpeeler to get me back to the Elfin Wonderland. Now, she's whining around all over the place about how she can't possibly send me back, but said something about waiting for her to recover. How long is this? I'm not finding the info anywhere in Zam or Wiki, and no one's answering in any of the chat channels (sheesh, people, if you don't know, just say so; I'm on tenterhooks, here...). :-/

Will she actually send me back, ever? I really don't want to have to delete the whole thing...can I just delete her portion of it and start again at that point? :-/

EDIT: Okay, I deleted just her portion, and she got her quest feather over her head again. Whew! Hailed her, got the quest again, then had to beg her to send me back...nope. :(

Uwk
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, for the quest, Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost! two of the items for the subquests, Frostfell Decorative Bow, and Frostfell Stocking, require Frostfell Fabric as a component. However, you can only pick up enough Frostfell Fabric for one of them, so one must interrupt the flow of crafting to run over and pick up more Frostfell Fabric.

Is there any way to permit the crafter to pick up two Frostfell Fabric at the same time? This has been an issue as long as I've been playing, and I'd love to see this change, if at all possible.

Thanks for all you do, and for listening!
  10. Kaitheel Developer

I'll look into it!

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

I just dug through the code... it's an hour. She should be willing to give you another chance by now.

~ Kaitheel
  12. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Heya again Kaitheel,

You can check Pijotre on Maj'Dul and my wifes character Naina also on Maj'Dul.

Found a few more items without description while you're at it:
    a shimmering wish (not wisp), empowered material, glowing stone eye, heartwood, matching set of rodent whiskers, stalker claw

Glad to hear the time spent to compile the list was useful hehe :)

Another annyoing Frostfell issue concerning "The Great Candy (Cane) Chase" since it was introduced:
    If you are on a flying mount when clicking the present to start the race (which suspends the mount) and you then hit the last present where you get flung in the air you have to let yourself float down if you interrupt the floating by pressing the jump/fly key you will not be able to /camp out afterwards and have to close the game, if you wait until you have floated to the ground and then fly everything is fine.

Thanks again for all your efforts in making our holiday events more fun

Pijotre Kajek
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

If anyone can drop a ping when the next patch hits Test, I'd appreciate it. I'm trying to check a couple times a day, but I'm a bit side-tracked at the moment by RL goings-on.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks! :D

Next year, could there be some modification to her dialogue, like "Please, give me an hour [or 6 hours, or whatever the time ratio between Earth and Norrath is ;->], and I'll be able to get you in again!" or whatever? :)

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm still getting my baby toons (created since after last Frostfell) all the quests they need; is there anything specific you were working on, Mum, above and beyond or different than what's been in previous posts? :)

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Worked like a charm, Kaitheel! Thanks! :)

Uwk
    Kaitheel and Prissetta like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I get the idea that we can't get a Frostfell tree on Fallen Gate , but there are several snow globs on the regular Frostfell merchant , I am not talking about the ones that Santa hands out , particularly the one with the tree inside is sold by
    Giggwat Gigglegibber for 12gold together with 11 other snow globes.
    He also sells the snow man which we can buy on Fallen Gate so why not at least one snow glob ?:(
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Few more Frostfell changes coming to Test and live with the next update:
    • Little Lost Goblin - Meg Gingersnap will now offer this quest again to those who completed it last year, as intended.
    • Decorating Stocking - The stack of Frostfell Fabric provided has been increased.
    ~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Fix confirmed! I've submitted it for the next update. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  20. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Thank you SO much!