Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

owe we did not get a personal Frostfell tree or a snow globe for Fallen Gate.:(
    There is also no sign of Santa Glug running through the big cities.
    We did get that and the players presents on Stormhold , even on the Race to Trakanon.
    Please grant us that fun on Fallen Gate .
    We bag you .

We did get our big tree for the city thanks
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Correct. It is intended to happen all at once, in hopes that fewer will then fall through the cracks.

~ Kaitheel
  3. Zoe1 Member

Any news on how the familiar Frostfell Merry Kitten is gotton?
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Glad to hear about the tree! It certainly helps make the place feel festive! Fallen Gate gets the TLE Frostfell merchants, but no, it won't get the house item Frostfell Tree or Snow globes as they come from Santa Glug and quest givers. Unfortunately, Santa Glug is not available on Fallen Gate, though his helpers may be triggered within the cities by those who purchase the Gifty Bag.

~ Kaitheel
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

According to my sources further Marketplace additions are coming next week.

~ Kaitheel
  6. Zoe1 Member

Yeah! Thank you :)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We're actually getting holiday stuff on the Marketplace again! Huzzah! :D

Thank you! :D

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

problem with the frostfell armor merchant on fallen gate he has the green frostfell elf cap for 0 copper and when I try to buy it the game soes not understand the price and won't give it to me the other caps are going for 1s 87c
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Jeehi mentioned this in Discord, and Kaitheel was going to look into it.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

cool
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BUG: In "Saving Frostfell," at 52.84, 0.62, 2.06, 90.83, 0.00, 0.00, my character (male Halfling Templar, if that helps) had his back to the wall to prevent being surrounded by Security Bots and somehow got Stuck. If there was a simple /unstuck command we could rely on, that would be one thing; I have the feeling I'm going to have to let myself get killed in order to get free. :-/

There is some sort of grate/light/vent/whatever thing in the floor near him (recessed) and a pile of rubble solid enough to walk up, but they're both so far away from his position, I can't see how they could interfere with his li'l Halfling-sized character base. If they are, they need to be adjusted, 'cause anyone bigger might definitely have issues. :-/

Looking at it again, there seems to be some sort of odd lip overhang thing nearby, that, as in Galaxy Quest, "serves no logical purpose. Why is this here?!"

EDIT: Tried the "Odyssey" maneuver to save myself, thinking it would "teleport target [in this case, me] to a zone landmark." Little did I know this meant "their home village" rather than just somewhere in the zone I was in...little things like that should be in the thumbnail tip when hovered over. X-P

Uwk
  12. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone reported this but the 4 craftable pillows/cushions on Isle Of Refuge (Festive Tartan Cushion, Festive Tartan Pillow, Snowflake Cushion, Snowflake Pillow) are Heirloom but are tradeable on AB. It was bug reported and mentioned in Homeshow of Discord by a guildmate.
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

I think the heirloom tag is a bug IIRC all crafted frostfell items are tradeable.
  14. Kaitheel Developer

The following changes are headed to live and Test, but I don't know when they will arrive:
    • Festive Tartan Cushion, Festive Tartan Pillow, Snowflake Cushion, Snowflake Pillow, Sweet Dreams Cushion, Sweet Dreams Pillow are no longer marked Heirloom since they are tradeable.
    • The TLE Frostfell Armor Vendor has been instructed to sell the Green Frostfell Elf Cap.
    ~ Kaitheel
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I've been hearing a lot of folks ask, on multiple channels, about the gift gobbie that runs around Qeynos/Freeport dropping gifts. He's not been seen yet, apparently, and folks have been asking about when he'll show up. I can't say from personal experience, just relaying the query. (I never figured out the proper timing to stalk him, so I've never seen him in the past, either.)
  16. Kaitheel Developer

More Frostfell changes headed to Test and live servers, with the next update:
    • Feelin' Gifty... - G'shugahplum Gigglegibber now recognizes completion of the level 105 versions of "A Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done..."
    • Level 105 versions of "A Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done..." - Now properly update Frostfell Fanatic achievement.
    • Gerbi Frostfoot, the Permafrostfell merchant in Frostfell Wonderland Village has received a new item from the Frostfell Elves - Frostfell Merry Kitten familiar!
    ~ Kaitheel
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Update to this issue! I was under the impression this was part of a familiar pack being offered on the Marketplace, hence why I always answered it as such. But guess what!? It's not! So I wanted to specifically post about it and let you know that it will be coming to Gerbi Frostfoot with the next game update. Hopefully that is good news for you all, despite having to wait a bit longer for it.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Kaitheel Developer

There is a known issue stopping players from using the Gifty Bag on Fallen Gate, currently. Is that where these reports are coming from?

~ Kaitheel
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

They may have been - not all of them specified server. Thanks as always for your prompt and helpful responses!
  20. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Heya Kaitheel,

a couple of bugs/oddities I found:

Last years new quest "Little Lost Goblin" seems not to be repeatable this year, is this intentional? It had 2 reward options and I'd have liked to get the other one this year.

The 2008 Santa Glug Gift "Gigglegibber Forstfell Stocking" was added last year as a reward option to "Gift Giving" and is now also available from "The Great Candy (Cane) Chase", having it as a reward from 2 quests seems a bit redundant, I'd rather see one of the other 1 year gifts added to the race (see list below).

I found a few items on frostfell related mobs that have no description as to wether they are vendor fodder or important items, a description would be much obliged:
    crystal of sky viewing, crooked crimped cog
    The same issue is also prevalent with the following items though these have no connection to frostfell:
    a shimmering wisp, kinked clockwork key, stalker's tooth

I found this years gift list a bit baffeling, while I do like a switch up of last years + new items sheme, I found the addition of items that already had 2 (Stag) or 3 (Gumdrop Tower) year runs over the ton of gifts that were only available for 1 year a bit odd. To this end I compiled a list of gifts for you which were only available for 1 year and have no other new means of getting them to the best of my knowledge. Please consult this list for choosing gifts next year, thank you very much in advance.

Gifts only available for 1 year:
    2005: [Ak'anon beats | Evil Dirge | Faydark Melody | Felwithe Aria | Freeport Theme | Legendary Theme | Qeynos Theme | Rivervale Shanty] music box(es) (There are snowglobes with the same art on the merchant but they play no music afaik)
    2007: The Neriak Snowglobe
    2009: Saturnine Frostfell Candles, Snowfall Cape, Solemn Frostfell Candles
    2010: Decorative Frostfell Gift-Wrap, Enchanted Snowman, Regal Gift-Wrap, Santa Glug Plushie
    2012: Gingersnap Activator
    2013: Sugarsassin Activator
    2015: Official Santa Glug Beard and Hat
    2016: a domestic mallard, Lemon Yellow Gumdrop, Nye'Caelona Snowglobe

Gifts available for 3+ years:
    Bucket of Icy Snowballs (2012-2014)
    Gumdrop Tower (2011-2013, 2017)
    Majestic Stag Ice Sculpture (2013-2014, 2017)
    Ornate Frostfell Snowflake (2008-2009, 2016)
    Sack of Coal (2008-2009, 2015-2016)
    Tiered Frostfell Cake (2012-2014)
    Winter's Deep Tartan Cloak (2011-2013)

Thank you in advance for any fixes and kind regards

Pijotre Kajek