Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Um, first, no matter what your level, things in there are meant to be deadly, so the scaling doesn't matter at all - they'll squish you no matter what your level is, if you don't freeze them first. You're not meant to fight anything.

Second, the only thing that should have been repopping are the roamers. There's just a LOT of static stuff close together. Are you SURE it was repopping vs you just noticing that there were a lot of mobs in a big scary row? :)

I have to say I'm starting to get good at backpedaling while throwing frantic snowballs as I turn a corner just a tad too fast ;D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Well, that's a pretty good bug to have identified! I've made the following change, and it should be on its way to Test:
    • Little Lost Goblin - Frosty Snowballs can now be used by everyone, as intended.
    Oh, and I was just assured that the art for the teapot, cups, and cup stack will be resolved.

~ Kaitheel
  3. Silkmyst Active Member

Thanks to Kaitheel,

It may sound funny but the teapot, cups, etc are one of the things I'm really jazzed about.
    Super high stress job irl, and I'm fixated on candy dishes when I get down time. :cool:
    EQ1 and 2 have seen me through a lot.

Silk
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...well, that is an issue, considering I had no idea where to go (or even how many snowballs I could carry at a time); once up the "hill," the corridors all looked alike, and it certainly looked like the drake-ish things I'd frozen into particles along the balcony overlooking the lower floor had all respawned, along with the things that looked like giant statues in niches (but undoubtedly weren't). :-/

I loved the Maldura stuff last year: first and foremost, it served a wonderful purpose (to get us enough faction so that we could come to the city the rest of the year and not get slaughtered out of hand); you could avoid combats, you didn't have to try to kill/freeze/whatever everything in the zone; when you did have to fight, it was nicely scaled; you got good rewards, and you helped rescue a citizen of a new zone, a new race to meet (well, race(s) modified over millennia from surface/shallow underground races). :)

(And pulled a wee bit of cultural imperialism on them, but they didn't seem to be too upset about it. ;->)

When you get done with this one this year, what's the end results? What are the goals beyond "find the stupid goblin that read 'Tomb' for 'Tome' and make sure he isn't dead"? I'm seriously curious. If it's really cool, awesome, I'll try again, but if it's just an Appearance item or even just (gasp! I know, sacrilege) a House item, or a gobbo vanity pet, or access to something I could probably earn later when I need it, meh. :-/

I know, I know, we're supposed to Test everything new, but that could also be a failing of a zone, even if everything else works fine technically; the "meh" factor. :-/

Uwk
    who's probably alone in this, but...
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Uwk, the goblin we're rescuing is one that crafters already had to find and rescue from Nu'roga in the expansion. His memories were wiped by the Nye'Caelona elves, and once he got home, well, he didn't remember much and I doubt he managed to fit in well. So now he's gotten a new job ... and gotten lost *again*. Rewards are your choice of one of two frozen gargoyle statues or frozen tokens of E'ci. Pics, as well as a short story about the quest from Greshdek's point of view can be found here: http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q265&menustr=080000000000

Note that there are TWO hallways with drakes. They definitely do NOT respawn, so I think you just got turned about and ended up thawing both hallways of 'em. (Go left at the top of the ramps to get to Greshdek, and you can get most of the gifts just from that side and possibly a quick run back down to the first floor.) I grab a double-handful (100) of the snowballs because I'm a cautious sort, and 50 cuts it a bit close.

It isn't for everyone - no quest will ever please all the players, given the wide variety of players and their tastes and styles. There's no harm in that. It is just a lovely bit of flavor, and another different thing to do for those craving something a bit different. :D
  6. Kaitheel Developer

FYI…

Due to scheduling issues Frostfell is now going to be activated on Tuesday, Dec. 6, instead of Thursday Dec. 8 on the live servers, which means everyone will have two more days to enjoy it!

~ Kaitheel
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

... and the sugar plate too! :D Can't wait to see what they look like!
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

wow Frostfell won't be late
    wonder what Alvin and the chipmunks would say about that?
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

First time I heard about this was in the chat channels whilst I was on Test...people were actually NOT happy, and would've far preferred it being extended on the January side a couple of days. :-/

I can actually understand why it can't; two days past the close date of Thursday, January 5th would've been January 7th, a Saturday. The next Tuesday would've been January 10th, which might start cutting into testing for Erollisi? :-/

Uwk
    Trixwynter likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is true...and I guess the gargoyle stuff would be cool. ;->

Uwk
  11. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

The quest "O Frostfell Tree" is not completing. I've placed the tree, quest updated said to go find Jarith and Sira in Maldura, I'm standing right in front of them. I've spoken to both...Jarith gave me thanks for help, but quest is not updating.

I've logged completely out and back in
    I've also deleted the quest and redone it.

Still not updating.

**I have already received the Deepice Dreams quest though...was told to mention that. Was told I should not have that one until the frostfell tree quest was complete?
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'm redoing these quests as we speak on an alt, and I'm scratching my head a bit, Moonpanther. Tried to ask for more details in guild chat, but didn't get a response.

Deepice Dreams should have been finished before you were even sent to Maldura, so I'm having an issue even duplicating what you did. ("Deepice Dreams" then "Special Delivery" THEN "O Frostfell Tree" - you shouldn't have been able to get to the tree one without the first two being completed)
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I cannot complete Deepice dreams either. I'm in FF wonderland next to Jared, and it that quest also will not complete lol. I think I really broke something.
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

Ok I tried on Syvanni woodelf ranger one of 2 toons that did the quest series last year and got the O frostfell tree without getting the deepice dreams quest or special delivery I was able to finish it with no problem and the gift giving quest as well. I then took corkotta hope this helps track down the problem. I then took the 2nd toon Corkotta ratonga conjuror into teh workshop without getting deepice dreams and found a feather over sira and was able to do O'frostfell tree and the rest of the quests that came after no problem. I hope this helps.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  15. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I take it the new lost goblin quest is not meant to be completed by toons under lvl 20? If so, perhaps it should not be offered to lower toons.

All my toons under level 20 can get the lost goblin quest, can get into the sleepers tomb, but when they go to throw the snowballs a message comes up stating they do not have enough knowledge to do that.
  16. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Apparently my toons under 20 not having enough "knowledge" for the missing goblin quest is only my issue. No one else seems to have this issue. Any suggestions?
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I got to try that I am one other person on test that has low level toons
    I don,t know but with Frostfell already beginning on the 6th, I am afraid we will have lots of unhappy people if we got to deal with broken quests and invisible teapots .
  18. Tabbyclouds Member

Does anyone know if scribing the Key recipes for the Tradeskill Tables will be possible on Stormhold? They are 90+ if I remember but I haven't seen anywhere that this will be missing; only the two newest quests due to zones missing. Thanks in advance :)
  19. Alenna Well-Known Member

it is level not being level 20 crafter that is the problem as discovered by Cloudrat after my lowbie toons who were not evel level 20 crafters had the same problem

Kaitheel says there is a fix coming
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hmm good point .
    I don't think we will be able to make the keys this year , even if we could scribe the recipes ( Level 90 )
    the materials needed , we can't harvest because they are common harvestables level 90 too.
    We don't have any access to any of those .
    So , no , :( no keys for us this year on Stormhold.
    But that's not the only thing we won't get and it's ok
    We are supposed to play on a server where those things were not available at this expansion, we already got a lot of things in the game on our server that were not around at that point.