Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2015

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Kaitheel Developer

The quest line requires you to enter the city of Maldura. You can't do that if you don't have the expansion, so we wanted to be very clear about that.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It'd help a bit, I suspect. The wording makes most of us assume we can "find" a portal. :D If you camp to character select and back, it dumps you back in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. If you have to use a personal gate of some sort, you have to run back to the cabinet.

And ... *thank you* for already considering that not everyone with ToT had faction with the guards. That 1K Shields of Maldura boost is a godsend right before getting sent into the city.

Now, if we could figure out why quest NPC Meg is hiding from some folks and not from others ....
  3. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Not really a new trend is it? Many holidays take place in expansion zones. It's why TLE doesn't even have holidays, poor things. There's a quest in Moors, there's alot that need EOF.
    It's just people these days don't get the expansions as regularly as before, I suppose. I don't blame them for continuing to add reasons for people to want the expansion, though.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The quest series basically leads you to Maldura to introduce them to Frostfell - the city looks great once you decorate it! (I'd never thought of be-garlanding a giant mushroom before!)
  5. Kaitheel Developer

I found what was wrong with Meg(atron)!

~ Kaitheel
  6. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Why not do it like the exits from Winter Wonderland?
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yayy! We'll stop testing various race/class/alignment combos, then! (Thanks, Cloud, Jasym, etc!)
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Should it be "Deathknell" rather than "Dethknell" on the snowglobe, btw? My memory is fuzzy on that zone name, but the snowglobe spelling of it just seems ... off.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

It looks odd, but Dethknell is accurate.

~ Kaitheel
  10. Kaitheel Developer

You mean like the cabinet giving you different city options?

~ Kaitheel
    Katz and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Personally, since you need to go back to the Workshop, having it drop you at the same spot it drops you if you camp to character select (in Frostfell Wonderland Village near the portal to the Workshop), would make sense. :D
  12. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Yes
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, not sure if this is a bug or feedback, but while harvesting at a package node in the FF Village, instead of crafting materials, I got Stately Frostfell Candles on two separate occasions (actually, in a row). While an interesting surprise, it wasn't what I was expecting! :D

Is this supposed to happen on occasion now? ;->

Uwk
    who, unfortunately, doesn't remember what type of package node it was... :-/
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I *may* have run into some gifts instead of resources as well. I didn't check the warlock's bags carefully before I burped my upgraded pack pony, and may/may not have gotten 2 different candles and a snowflake from the pony. {odd look} I'll have to do more testing.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Yes! You have a chance of harvesting something not otherwise available any longer while harvesting Frostfell gifts this year. It was based on a player suggestion from last year.

~ Kaitheel
    Jaden, Liou_Unrest, Katz and 6 others like this.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

BUG: Frostfell Candy Grab: Antonica and Frostfell Candy Grab: Commonlands (both quests)

Get the quest, make sure your mount is dismissed. Step on the pad, get the timer. Timer counts down to the race start. Gets to zero and you still have the "get ready to race" in your quest helper with no race timer. Race does not start. Quest journal says time remaining 0:0

There are people showing on the leaderboard, but I'm going to guess that just maybe that's an old leaderboard list, not this year.

Edit: Cloudrat and Chikkin have now both tried it with the same result.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hnh! I could've sworn the candles I got were from a recipe, originally?

Uwk
    who could be misremembering... ;->
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, something definitely broke, despite no change by design. Ugh. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

According to eq2furniture.com (thanks Lera!) they were previously available through Santa Glug.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Kaitheel Developer

I've got the first batch of fixes headed to Test:
    • Holly Leaf Frostfell Cap - Proper item tier is now set.
    • Chocolaty Gingerdread Plushie - This recipe is now correctly named.
    • Sugary Gingerdread Plushie - This house item is now correctly named.
    • Icy Blade Sconce - The initial size is now smaller.
    • Deepice Dreams - Meg Gingersnap has been convinced to show herself to everyone!
    • Special Delivery - There is now an exit from within "Maldura Steamworks Sublevel"
    I just don't know when they'll arrive.
    ~ Kaitheel