Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2014

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I had problems with the vendor not selling me all the recipe books I clicked to buy. I took it slow, heard the mouse clicks, but later, when I went to put all the books in the shared bank, only about 2/3 of the books had actually been bought. I don't know if it is because I was buying 11 of each book, that blew the program's mind, or what.

Also, in Halas, the quest to decorate the city is supposed to produce green sparkles but they aren't showing up. I'm having to use the blue dot to locate the spot and even then it is hard to find. I had to just keep clicking in the general area of the dot till I finally found the node.

I've tried doing the Frostfell quests, in other cities, but Halas is the only place that really gets me in the holiday mood. Unfortunately, the guy who gives out the quest, to deliver gifts, won't give it to my evil toons which certainly isn't in the spirit of the holiday.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hnh! That's odd; my Evils have done just fine in Halas with that...my new Aerakyn bad boy Defiler has plenty of "good" trees, mostly from Halas (remember, Gold folks, we get double Tree Tickets, too!).

The main problem in Halas is the same one in the FF Village, though thank the gawds to a much lesser extent: the blasted snow and ice reflections. Turn off your Personal Torch(es) in Halas in the daytime, and you might get a chance to see something that also glows (maybe; no guarantees). By this point, I try not to be in the FF Village at all between 10 am and 4 pm, Norrath time, for doing anything serious if I can help it (headache glare rears its ugly head). You go to enter in coords for the "kill until the snow drips red! Or you'll never unlock the quests you actually want! Ahahahahahah!" starter quest, and if you're in there at the wrong time of day, heaven help you seeing the blasted glowing trail. I suppose if one does it often enough, one knows which islands contain critters that you can't get a first shot off on (bow, spell, whatever), nor stealth up on, but that can attack you with impunity the instant you get close enough (please tell me EQ3 isn't set up like this? If so, I will never play that game, and will just happily stay here, thanks :)), even if you forget which island you're on and try to just peacefully harvest present nodes. X-P

Uwk
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

I had a bug tonight that I have not encountered before. This was on the quest Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump (one of the oldest Frostfell quests!).

I was running an alt through it and got to the point where the quest should have updated telling me to return to the elves after releasing Bowsprite, but the quest did not update.

Despite Bowsprite standing outside of his cage thanking me for releasing him and telling me he'd see me in Elfin Wonderland, the quest in my journal still says I need to release Bowsprite.

I'm fairly sure I can just delete the quest & start over. But I figured it was something that should be mentioned.

*****Update

Zoning seemed to fix this. I guess the UI just got stuck.
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

When one of my toons went to Halas, to do the Frostfell quests, she was able to get all the quests except the one for gathering gifts. On other visits, with other toons, I've been able to get all the quests except the one to give gifts to various people. With 34 active toons, this is going to drive me crazy. Is there anyway to fix it so everyone give quests like they are supposed to in Halas?

I tried the Frostfell city quests, in other cities, but it just didn't seem like Frostfell as there was no snow. That's why I'm doing all the quests in Halas. It is the perfect city for Frostfell festivities which I really appreciate since I don't have any going on in RL.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

Hummm. All 4, of my accounts, are gold accounts but I'm not getting two trees from the same quest. Am I doing something wrong?
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

SOE build = 11570T
    "Merry Mischief" Quest appears to dislike characters who are very efficient hunters. First time I went through on my Test Ranger Sylvanni I killed both humbugs at the same time with an blue combat art on my test ranger and only one of the humbugs updated. I then deleted the quest and tried again this time killed them one at a time and got the update for both of them.
  7. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I don't suppose the update delay on live is because you guys are very hastily making an official Frostfell Wonderland Village map and putting the candy cane race POIs on it?
  8. Mozil Active Member

The server seems to be down so I can't do any testing at the moment, but - is the cash shop working on beta again? Do we know if the Frostfell spider will be back?
  9. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Frostfell is on Test, not Beta, if that is why you cannot login.
  10. Mozil Active Member

Wooops I don't know why my brain automatically went to early holidays being on beta. :confused: Guess I was still in the habit from doing expansion beta. Thanks for catching that!
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The "gathering gifts" one, is that the one for the depressed li'l ratonga, where you gather 10 gifts for her? It should really only work consistently for people on Test, since there's an NPC, "Santug's Ugly Little Helper" or something, that acts as a Guide and gives the quest...I don't remember if there's a prerequisite first or not. :-/

He should be in all the cities (wanders around by the other goblins giving out quests by the local tree); I've found him in Gorowyn, Halas, Qeynos (you'll find Aimee the ratonga in the Harbor, in the merchant tent area between the docks and the Clock), etc....yeah, if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's called "Lost Frostfell Gifts" and started by...er...Zam just says "the Gigglegibber goblin in the Frostfell outfit." Sigh. :-/

Uwk
  12. Almee Well-Known Member

The quest I'm talking about is where the quest giver can't remember the names of the people and we have to find them. Once we find them, we go back and he gives us gifts to give each person. You have to give the right gift to each person.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah! That one! It doesn't show up until you've done the tedious "kill several things for icky crafting materials" quest offered by his buddy at least once. :-/

Uwk
  14. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Mentor down to level 5 or 10 for the quickie version of the kill quest. :)
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I finally figured that one out...d'oh! Makes life so much easier now! :D

Uwk
    Cyliena likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Has this changed recently: it seems that we max out our Gathering in the Frostfell Village at 95 now, like with a Tier 2 area in the rest of the world, but we can craft the items at 2nd level Artisan. Wouldn't it make more sense to max out at 32, like all other Tier 1 areas? :-/

Uwk
  17. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I wish I'd thought of this years ago...

When doing "A Frostfell Favor," if you take the romantic/begging chat options while talking to Lani Cogspinner in the past, she tells you that Figgle has already proposed to her. This means she's been two-timing McScroogle with his so-called friend for a while already!

And when I turn around to go back to Gwenda... Figgle's standing right there.

Any chance we can take the click option that lets us tip Betsy during Brew Days and apply it to Figgle, so we can clock him one as we leave?
    Finora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFL! :D

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One thing I've just noticed, doing the Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump (which I usually don't do any more except with noob alts, since it takes way too long): the Frostfell Elf Cap of Superior Warmth that you get as a reward doesn't do anything toward protecting you from the massive cold, which should, ostensibly, shut off once the Grump is a changed gobby? Or at least, this reward Cap that I'm wearing in place of my real helmet (another reason why I usually don't do this one; the Snowballs are lifesavers, but they need to recharge faster for some of my toons) should work to keep me warm, since it seems to be a replacement for the temp Cap we get at the start of the zone? :-/

Is this a bug or a feature? I seem to recall while doing this in prior years, putting on the reward Cap actually did help. :-/

Uwk
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The art in the Dressing Room for the Magical Striped Canes (both of them) hasn't changed a bit; still both solid black with red and white particle effect "candies" swirling around them. :-/

Uwk