Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2014

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I know how this will sound, but you know what I'd really like to see come back as a Frostfell ingredient (just one, to make the full 56, so don't panic ;->)? The Emerald Gem of Joy...making green stuff without it just doesn't seem right, and they kept the blue, black, and red ones. :-/

Uwk
  2. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

CINDER ELK ANTLERS! I got these from Santa Glug just before the server was brought down and they're BEAUTIFUL!

Also, why in the world do they have you guys working/updating at this hour?!
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I really, really don't like the new quest. Far too many updates for the time allotted. Too many leather presents and it became a game of completely avoid the majority of the path. Sometimes the purple/black presents slowed me down to my base run speed as if I wasn't on a mount instead of speeding me up (which I never noticed a speed boost either when it didn't slow me down), which really didn't help, even though they showed they did the fasty-feets effect.

The word "ninth" is spelled wrong in the quest objectives.

I don't know how many total cubes there are to grab but when I got to the point of swearing at my computer I figured enough was enough. I'm sure plenty of people will enjoy the new quest but it was the opposite for me. Sorry, nothing positive to say on my end about it, but that's just one gal's 2cp. ;) Kinda glad the reward is only 3 tokens, makes me feel a bit better about giving up on it.
    Calthine and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

it looks like it is my test character Sylvanni that is having this problem. the cheery loom gotten from last year for home use does not show the recipes. I can get the recipies to show up in frostfell village at the looms there but not my house or the guild hall please check this asap so I can get on with testing the new recipes in my home or the guildhall.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Is there any way of seeing this years stuff like on EQ Traders? Have not seen anything there for Frostfell 2014.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

As posted one page back, I have been having technical difficulties. I'll have images up as able, but much of my time's been eaten up spinning in circles.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[Feedback] the default preview size for the Green Sheen Wizard Star is zoomed way, way in, making you scroll out a lot in order to be able to see more than giant holly.

Thanks for the "ice brick short column" recipe to flesh out the set - it crafts and places properly.

I made one of everything new on the Frostfell crafting front on my in-house Frosftell crafting stuff and had no problem. Likewise no problem with the ones in the guildhall, so I'm not sure what's wrong with Alenna's alt. :(
  8. Lizabethan Active Member

FEEDBACK: I really love the Wizard Stars now that we can see them. I'm hoping beyond hope that more color options (this in a white or gold? Oh my Bristlebane) will come in later years as crafter items. You could release white and gold one year, purple and red another, give them more effects in later years and get your mileage out of them.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: (Bug, imho...) Can we please get something done about the literal snow-blindness in the new Village during the "day"? Seriously! I've done everything I can think of: turned down the brightness in Alt+O Options AND my own monitor, turned off the personal torches, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., and I'm still getting burning/itching eyes and a headache, like in a flash (and I'm not talkin' from a camera), especially during the "noon hours." I know we essentially signed a waiver when we accept the EULA, but seriously, how tough would it be to have cloud cover overhead in the "daytime" like in Thundering Steppes and a clear "night"? :-/

Uwk
    who knows darned well isn't the only one with this...
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Plus, it's almost impossible to see any tracking "trail" or "ribbon"... X-P

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: Can we please take the "NO-VALUE" tag off the Enchanted Snowman thing, already? Even I don't have that many alts! I love the idea that the others are now able to be Vendored (the Gumdrops, the dungeon critters, etc.), but I'd like the Snowmen to go away, too, without having to Destroy them. :-/

Uwk
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Feedback regarding The Great Candy (Cane) Chase

It's very difficult to tell which Ice Cube is the next one and in some areas you can't tell where you are supposed to go next to find the next one. There are no POI like you get with the Aether Races (which this is quite similar to). You have to run it and fail it multiple times to figure out the route to take, which is IMO not fun. The proper cubes do have the green sparkles, but they are hard to see in the brightness of the zone on top of more ice and impossible to see around corners of the islands and statues which do conceal cubes in some places.

My suggestions would be two-fold.
    First, change the color of the sparkles to maybe the nice indigo blue of the high up shinies in Velious. That will be more visible than the bright green against all the ice and snow.
    Second, add POI like the Aether races have so one wins or loses because of their speed and ability to handle the buffer presents rather than luck of turning or getting tossed in the right direction to see the next present in line.
  13. SOE-MOD-20 Member

Hey all,

Please remember to stay on topic with bugs and feedback for the event.

Thank you.
  14. Millie New Member

About the Frostfell race, sorry to be so negative but I guess its been building up, I guess. I hope SOE-MOD-20 won't hunt me down like a rogue frostfell cube :(

1. The only way to get the achievement (and in my experience, most likely finish the quest) is by exploiting (IMO, of course) game mechanics so that you completely eliminate the slipping and sliding on the ice. Years of shiny hunting has made me quite proud of my ability to navigate the ice, so it was fun until I realised that I would never be able to finish the race this way, no matter how elegantly I slid into the cubes already heading the right direction for the next one etc.

2. Even doing that, you must have a ground mount, or there is NO WAY you can finish even close to the time, not even the 3.45 for the quest. This eliminates participating of toons that are too low level to have a mount, or the rare occasion of someone new trying the game during the holidays and visit the Frostfell village.

3. Some of the presents that toss you half across the zone has a huge range, even if you are no where near them, they will toss you. They seem positioned at only certain spots, so I can only assume this is intentional since not all of them are equally "sensitive". It is still... infuriating that you run far around them with enough room for a couple of ogres to go between you and the present, and it still tosses you.

4. The cubes only renders very slowly, and sometimes (cube #20, I'm looking at you) takes a very long time to show up. If you know where they are, fair enough, but if you are doing the race for the first few times, this is very very frustrating, since you think you are just not seeing it, and spin wildly around, running in circles and in the wrong directions until the next cube finally renders - if you are lucky enough to even see it at that point, because other art is blocking your view. So back to the start and try again for you, even if the race has gone fine up until then.

5. After eliminating the slipping and sliding, I did the race in just under the achievement time (2.45), so I don't consider myself running THAT fast - despite that, the DING that happens when you update a cube you have run through didn't go off because I ran too fast. Thinking I had missed the cube, I had to turn around and go back for it, only to hear the delayed ding. After a few missed races because of this, I learned to just keep running and not worry about the quest keeping up with me - it still updates although you are lagging one or two cubes behind. (the green particle effect for "next cube" does keep up with your position though, as far as I can make out in the intense glare of (for me) new Frostfell village, its just the ding and the quest helper that doesn't)

6. If you are still running the race and haven't stopped in frustration yet, the last one is so infuriating that it prompted me to actually post an angry post about the damn race :(

The Achievement is to do the race under the time of 2.45. The QUEST however finishes if you complete the race under 3.45. So far so good.
    BUT, if you finish the race quest, but miss the achievement timer (which isn't a separate timer, you just have to keep track yourself - if your timer on the quest counts below 1 minute left, you won't get the achievement) - YOU CAN'T TRY AGAIN.
    I know for a fact that when I first did this race, I was able to finish the quest but not the achievement, and get the quest for the race again, until I also got the achievement on the shorter timer. The only inconvenience was picking up the quest again. If you clearly see you won't make 2.45, its a lot easier to wait the timer out and start over, rather than hand in the quest clear across the zone. But when I missed the timer for achievement with maybe 2 or 3 seconds, I didn't know until it was too late and the quest finished, that I didn't make the achievement. And then, that was it for me. No second try.
    That was changed sometime in the last few days, and I have NO IDEA why you would do that for a race that takes that many attempts for quite a lot of people to get right.
    I would understand only giving the reward once, or maybe limiting how many tokens you will get per day, but the only way to get the achievement is to have the quest active, and now you can only do the quest once?? It might be once per day or something, but, its now been 2 hours of waiting to get the quest again, and it seems my job here is done.
    Every 15 minutes (to limit the amount of tokens people who can run the race back-to-back will hoard) makes sense, if the quest giver tells you but longer than that is just infuriating for people who are not very good at races but who do want the achievement.

7. The achievement... One of the best things with EQ2 is that it caters to different types of people and playstyles. Half of the achievements are dedicated to raiding only, which eliminates a lot of people from ever getting them. Is it really that much to ask that achievements that are for the various World Events would cater to the types of people who enjoy those sorts of things? The crafting achievements are quite boring to get through, but they are doable by, as far as I know, everyone. The races (including the high score results on some of the other holidays) are just not something that everyone is able to do. Sometimes its the player, sometimes their computer, sometimes their connection. And for some reason, it seems especially the people who love the fun events, achievements, titles and show up with all of their toons, are the ones that are not the best when it comes to playing with the mechanics of the game. The thing is also, that the same type of people who do the world events over and over and look forward to them, are also the ones that often times want the achievements to be completed. You do them all or none at all. And if the game (and not your choices) exclude you, you make people feel alienated from the game. The people who collect things, completes things just because its there (with no other reward than that they did it), are slightly OCD at times and its easy to tell them to not care about it and go away. And yet there is a huge industry of games (zynga and facebook type games) that exists almost entirely by catering to that crowd.
    I'm not even talking about myself here, I'm a bit too flaky to keep up with everything, and in this case I have been able to get both the high score achievements and the new Frostfell race achievement. But there are quite a few people that I see in the game who would fall into this category and why put them off something that should be about FUN? Its not about people ragequitting, its about people feeling deflated and disappointed, rather than playing around and enjoying themselves. With other types of quests if you really can't finish them alone, you usually can bring someone along who can, if nothing else. With the races, its only you. (short of paying a neighbourhood teen to finish them for you, not that it even crossed my mind when I first attempted the race, NOPES...)

Anyway. I enjoyed the race slipping and sliding, and with a longer timer and eliminating the ability to bypass the sliding aspect (same way that flying is eliminated) I personally would have had a lot more fun with the race. It would have been like collecting shinies just more organised.

I don't want to speak for other people, but quite a few people said when trying the race that it was fun, and then, they discovered that there was no way they would beat the timer or even be allowed to finish the race (since it disappears if the timer counts down), and then they just went, MEH, not bothering.
  15. Calthine Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: It really bothers me that there are no actual outfits in Frostfell Outfits You Can Make VII. I'd love to see a return of the original dresses and outfits.
  16. Calthine Well-Known Member

We're slowly getting it all in over on ZAM, too :) Frostfell Guide
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Millie - the race is repeatable at least once a day. I've not narrowed the timing down further.

The only outstanding bugs on the crafting front are the two recipe naming issues from a couple pages back (Chillburn Fist vs Hook and Chillburn Shortspear vs Chillburn Short Spear), since there's not been another build since then, so we're looking good on that front.

POIs would definitely help on the new race, for those of us who get turned about by unexpected bounces, or are direction-impaired (raises hand).
  18. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

It occurs to me they may not have POIs because there isn't an official map for the village (and the one from EQ2Maps has not been updated for the revamped village).
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I posted these on Homeshow's forum re: Frostfell Wishlist, but maybe one or so could get implemented this year...? :)

FEEDBACK: Here's perhaps an odd suggestion: you know all those HEIRLOOM ONLY things Santa Glug keeps giving out? The interminable Gumdrops, the dungeon things (THANK YOU, DEVS for adding the line on those about "You've already used this, idiot; sell it somewhere"! Saves a lot of steps!), the Enchanted Snow whatevers, etc., etc., etc... Even I can't keep up with the amount of alts it would take to get those things out of the Bank (THANK YOU again for making some Vendorable! Now if we can just get the rest un-NO-VALUEd...), so if we could make those HEIRLOOM and LORE, and if we already have one, Santa Glug would have to give us something else...like more House Item type stuff! :D

FEEDBACK: we only get 2 chances at "Evil" trees, and I always thought Gorowyn would have them, too (since about the only thing Good folks can't do there is buy a house, but still, they're considered "bad guys"), but they don't, just the "Good" trees...I'd kind of like to see a choice: one goblin at one end of that dock, the other, at the other...Good folks have numerous chances to get Good trees, and Evil ones can get a "Good" tree at Gorowyn, but Good folks can't get an "Evil" tree...even though they're cool (as is the dialogue when you return to the seller...). :(

Uwk
  20. Almee Well-Known Member

Thanks for making the ice a little less slippery. Last year I had a really hard time collecting shinies. It was so frustrating I just gave up. Now I seem to be able to loot the shiny even if I'm moving a tiny bit. I'm loving it. I can skate, when I want to, but also collect. It's great.