Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2014

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Frostfell is now active on Test!

There's plenty of Frostfell cheer throughout Norrath this season! Gigglegibbers and Frostfell elves are busy celebrating the holiday within the player cities, and encouraging everyone to visit the Frostfell Wonderland Village, accessed through the Magic Closets in Qeynos Province District, Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Neriak, Gorowyn and New Halas. There you can assist Frestishan, Candice Cheriweth, Gardy Ex-Giftgiver, Mr. McScroogle, Queen Bunny, and Snarf Frostfoot with some holiday tasks, but only after you release them from their deep freeze! For those that have a talent for crafting, you can help Sogs Frostfoot, or gather presents to craft wondrous new Frostfell goodies for yourself. Don't forget to log in each day and claim your extra-special Frostfell present from everyone's favorite Frostfell Gigglegibber, Santa Glug!

New Features for '14!
    • New Quest "The Great Candy (Cane) Chase" is offered by Frestishan in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • Santa Glug is back and has 15 tradable gifts (7 new) to give everyone that asks once a day (18 hours)!
    • Gerbi Frostfoot, the permafrostfell merchant in Frostfell Wonderland Village, is selling 6 new items to players of all levels.
    • Tradeskillers can create NEW house items and equipment in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can buy the new crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
      • “Frostfell Outfits You Can Make VII”
      • “Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts VII”
      • “Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell VII”
    • Giggawat, and Garsleblat now also sell 2 new items.

Returning features:
    • Updated in game mail sent to every player that logs in while the event is active.
    • "A Deepice Mystery" quest offered by Jingle in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • "Merry Mischief" quest offered by Candice Cheriweth in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery".
    • "Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost!" quest offered by Sogs Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • “Raiding the Gifty Storehouse!” quest offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery".
    • Gixen, one of Santa Glug’s Helpers in Enchanted Lands, is willing to exchange odd giftboxes or clockwonky toys gathered within the Gigglegibber Gifty Storehouse for Frozen Tokens of E'ci.
    • "Feelin' Gifty in __" quests offered by G'shugahplum in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas.
    • "A Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done" quests offered by Gh'lad Tydingz in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas, can be repeated up to 15 times.
    • "The Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump" quest line is offered by Pinchy Presentpeeler in Qeynos or Freeport.
    • "A Frostfell Favor" quest is offered by Mr. McScroogle in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery".
    • "Saving Frostfell" quest is offered by Queen Bunny in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery".
    • "The Giftgiver's Dilemma" offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery".
    • "Mission Improbable..." offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • "It's Time to Sleigh the Dragon!" offered by Snarf Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery" and has a new reward choice.
    • "An Exalting Experience!" offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Antonica" offered by Snowball in Antonica.
    • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Commonlands" offered by Crumpet in Commonlands.
    • Tradeskillers can create classic house items, clothing and equipment in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can still buy previous years’ crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
    • "Decoration Additions in __" quests offered by Gevil (in Neriak and Freeport) and Gutten (in New Halas, Qeynos, Kelethin, Gorowyn and Haven).
    • Festive decorations can be found in Qeynos, Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Darklight Wood, Village of Shin, Gnomeland Security in Steamfont, Butcherblock docks in Butcherblock, Somborn in Loping Plains, Gorowyn in Timorous Deep, Neriak, and New Halas.
    • Snowball and fruitcake fights.
    • Sturdy Fruitcake (throwing weapon like the snowballs) can be gathered throughout the world from fruitcake decorations and when it hits another player, it puts the fruitcake into their inventory, giving them ammo to throw themselves!
    • The Frostfell Wonderland Village is still flyable and frozen over! Players will find it very difficult to stop moving while on these icy sections.
    • The frost-bitten toes collection quest can be found within The Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • Snowballs with knockback are found within the Frostfell Wonderland Village. These icy snowballs are no zone, and have practically no affect upon players standing on solid ground, but those that are on the slippery ice will find themselves being slid quite a distance!
    • The Permafrostfell group dungeon zone!

This event content is currently set to run 12/11/14 at 8am PST* through 01/08/15 at 7am PST* on the live servers. (*Corresponding with a live game update)

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

***** Known issues! ********

The full art build for this content update has not occurred, yet. That means that you will find many new house items that are currently broken, because the server is missing the art associated with it, at this time. But it will not stop any testing the new quest offered by Frestishan, or any older event content.

Here's the list of known missing art assets:
    • Magical Butterscotch Ball
    • Magical Red and Black Striped Cane
    • Magical Red and White Candycane
    • Magical Peppermint Swirl
    • Poinsett Flower in Radiant Pot
    • Poinsett Flower in Envious Pot
    • Ice Brick Short Column
    • Ice Brick Tall Column
    • Ice Brick Narrow Divider
    • Ice Brick Half Block
    • Ice Brick Tall Divider
    • Ice Brick Railing
    • Ice Brick Rounded Tile
    • Ice Brick Stair
    • Ice Brick Block
    • Ice Brick Tile
    • Cerulean Frost Wizard Star
    • Green Sheen Wizard Star
    • White Poinsett Flower in Envious Pot
    • Malvonicus' Tower Snowglobe
    • Ssraeshza Snowglobe
    Also, as with every year, the grand Frostfell Trees and event music within Freeport and Qeynos will also be missing until the zone art is updated.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Pantero like this.
  3. Calthine Well-Known Member

Love you guys lots and lots... but I am not testing Frostfell over Thanksgiving weekend :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Loredena like this.
  4. Starcloud Member

A Deepice Mystery
    At the point where we need to use the Jingle's Lasting Thaw Potion, I used it on Candice Cheriweth.
    She defrosts, but she is stuck in the ice still. I do see her, but target in screen does not show and yet she say : Right Blessing when I hail her. Not able to progress as I do not recieve a quest update on the part where I need to speak to her.

[IMG][/URL]

Have Fun and Stay Safe,

Starcloud ( on test my chars are Enlightment / Within)
  5. Mezaka Active Member

We're finally getting a version of Poinsettias?

/does the happy dance.

--Mez
    Moonpanther and floofloobunny like this.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

We are? /cheer
    Starcloud likes this.
  7. Starcloud Member

Yes, 2 different ones. I can not place them in my house yet. Need to re-patch for that
    Finora likes this.
  8. Mophia Active Member

The de icing was broken on test last year as well, a couple of mine never got to finish it, as we had to wait for reset, and it was still broken after reset. Looks like the same bug has popped up on test again.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Lizabethan Active Member

Scholarly Pursuits VII and Frostfell Outfits You Can Make VII (the two newest ones) are greyed on the merchant like I've bought and scribed them before I actually have, which made my eye miss them!
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

was this the first time for the characters or have they done it before?
  11. Deago Well-Known Member

Where is that holiday mercenary? hehe
  12. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Hmm. Can we still get the frostfell workstations for our houses this year?
  13. Starcloud Member

I've done the quests before on my chars.
  14. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Yay, more of the ice sculptures! Especially the owlbear, I'm going to need 50 of those.

Just need the turtle and the fish now... ^_^

That new quest? EVIL. EEEEEEEEEEEEVIL! And I'm sure getting the achievement is going to involve using those gifts strategically. I'm going to do a lot of slipping and sliding this year, I can tell...
    Mophia and Charlice like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Another BUG:

No Snappy Red Bracers (forearm armor), again. We have Snappy Blue Bracers and Snappy Green Bracers, but this has been missing since those came out (Book III of Frostfell Outfits You Can Make for the most recent [Blue]; we should've had the Red by Book IV at the latest).

Uwk
  16. Xariama_AB Member

Hope all of this gets corrected before it hits Live.
  17. Mophia Active Member

The new quest is pure evil, as if sliding around on the ice trying to hit cubes isn't bad enough, one set of pressies slows you and the other throws you through the air, sometimes quite a distance. We also have no way of knowing how many cubes we need to hit, and if you fail, you just get told to click on the present at bottom of ramp, no explanation, no message saying you failed. so after 4 attempts I gave up in disgust!!!!!! I got 19 on one attempt, no acknowledgement of how well you did or anything.

This needs some work, first put some idea of what we are trying to do, say 19/25 on the cane count or something.
    Second reduce the throw a bit, I hit those ice statues a few times, and was nowhere near them when I got bounced.
    Finally, please put a fail message up, you failed to get enough canes or something, not just a click on the present in the quest list.

This could be a very fun quest, it just needs a bit of work.
  18. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

It's 29 cubes, I believe. 28 or 29. It threw me the first time because I was expecting a nice even number so when the timer disappeared I thought I'd lost again, except I knew I'd had time!

I *think* some of those blue presents speed you up? Not sure, but I think they're kind of like the black clouds in Vesspyr Isles. Can speed you or slow you at random.

The ones that send you flying can actually be useful. They send you flying very FAST, and if you angle yourself well they can jump you quickly to the next cube. Of course, only some of them throw you the right way. But from what I ran last night, the ones that throw you the right way always seem to throw you the right way. So figure out which ones they are, and they can help.

I do wish the next cube was marked on the map (is there an up-to-date map? eq2map still has the old one). The rings for the aether races are, and it's very helpful. Especially as sometimes the next cube is so far away it may not render, not to mention mistakenly heading for a wandering cube.
  19. Starcloud Member

I did the quest on Enlightment yesterday. On the third attempt I got 30 iirc. It is the same route over and over..so once you know which present slows you down / speed you up / trows you in the air, you can avoid them or pick them up. It is a fun quest, just very disappointed about the reward .. 3 tokens. Repeatable quest btw.

Have Fun and Stay Safe,
    Starcloud
  20. Starcloud Member

You end the quest where you started to pick up the first cube. The cubes must be taken in a certain order as they are marked. If you miss one you wont get the update on the next one and need to go back to look for the previous one. It is really not that hard. If you want I can take you through it..just put yourself on follow LOL

Have Fun and Stay Safe,
    Starcloud