Frostfell Bugs and Feedback 2013

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

A little feedback on the new blocks. Thanks ever so much for the new blocks.. but.. um.. they seem a bit busy. Especially the ones where the pattern is small. some look ok, but things like.. oh, the dividers, I think, just look kind of crazy. Could they maybe be tweaked? ( I understand totally if not)

Maybe snowy blocks to match the snowy squares would be nice for next year?
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We have new recipes; are there any new mats? :-/

Uwk
  3. Mophia Active Member

OK, just did a gigglegibber work run in Freeport, and can't get Feeli' Gifty, as I had done this in Freeport previously. Is the Feelin' Gifty once per city, or once total, as if once total all my chars on test and live, except the 2 new on test and the 2 new on live are locked out of the achievement, as someone else stated.

This needs to be looked at, as the Feelin' Gifty only ever had one reward, which was the lights for the tree, so no reason to run more than once anyway.
    Finora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Mophia Active Member

Ok, just ran through Halas gigglegibber on my wizzy, who had only done Qeynos before. Again Feelin'Gifty doesn't have a feather, so you are only able to do that quest once. So can those who have done it previously please get the credit, so that the achievement can be completed, or have Feelin' Gifty taken off the achievement totally and put in Decorating Additions instead!!! As decorating additions is not included, which is strange.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Finora like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There are a lot of one-time-ever quests that are supposed to count for the Achievement that aren't showing up on mine. Of course, a lot of my "old timers" already got the title of Frostfell Fanatic throughout all the years before this one by doing it the old-fashioned way: the scavenger hunt. :-/

Uwk
    who, he supposes, ought to count his blessings of Marr that he doesn't have to do Sleigh the Dragon!... :-/
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

nope just go down the ramp and jump to the island that is there i did it on all 4 of my level 10 try out class toons this morning
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, just occurred to me: Santa Glug's been doing this every 18 hours bit for quite some time, at least a couple of years now, so maybe his dialogue should change? He still keeps saying "exactly one day" from the time he gave you the last present. :-/

Uwk
    Kaitheel likes this.
  8. Lizabethan Active Member

Bug: The Frostfell Fanatic achievement isn't updating correctly. I've done the "Frostfell Favor", "Permafrost Decorating Committee" and "Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done" parts of the achievement, but only Frostfell Favor has updated.

My character on Test has not done the Frostfell Fanatic (the one that was item spawned) before, and does not have the title from last year.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

More useful than my input! Thanks! :)

Uwk
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

It's looking like doing Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done in Freeport or Qeynos will update, but apparently is no updating if you do it in any other city.
  11. Lera Well-Known Member

The descriptions on the crafted gingerbread plushies say "The heat is not what doomed this snowman."
  12. Lizabethan Active Member

Finora's right - I did it in Gorowyn.

Also, feedback: the Vibrant Twinkling Frostfell Lights (from the Holiday Lights achievement) are changing colors sporadically, which makes them hard to look at. I've sent this in as a /feedback, but is there a way to smooth the transition from color to color so it's not so choppy?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whoops! ;->

Uwk
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Clearly, something is not working correctly with the achievement. That'll be corrected, as soon as I diagnose the problems.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Nope. It is blinky or no color change.

~ Kaitheel
  16. Kaitheel Developer

For those that may not be on Twitter, last week I said, "Just a little tease of the upcoming event: If #Frostfell be your crafter's dream, seek ye out the keys of three! #EQ2"

~ Kaitheel
  17. Lizabethan Active Member

Heh, thanks for the response. I'll find some way to work in the blinky lights. Keep going, Kaitheel, you did a great job with this event!
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sounds cool. Clues? ;)

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, personal quibble with the Deepice Mystery: the Living Blaze, at least, seems like it cannot be targeted with a ranged attack, or at least not with the Paladin ability Joust. When I tried that, I was told it was not an enemy, but as soon as I walked up to it, it attacked me in melee. I know my Assassins and Rangers are going to be leery about this. :-/

And speaking of Deepice, can any of us lower level than like, 50 or so, get some sort of transport over to the mainland in Everfrost? Just for the sake of the holiday...I mean, we have people just now creating Test characters this year, just for this; one level 9 got bitten in half by the dang sharks. For those tired of us having "easy buttons," it would be one thing if this were an optional quest, but this is what we now HAVE to do in order to get any other FF quests. :-/

Okay, tried it with the Living Snow Flurry, with my Paladin...just to make sure his bow was working properly and I had enough ammo, I targeted a usual land critter and brought it to me handily with a well-placed shot. Against the Flurry, it didn't give me any message at all, just wouldn't let me do it. I hope my Mages don't have similar issues with their spells. :-/

Uwk
  20. Lizabethan Active Member

OMG! I'm pretty sure I figured this out.. [spoiler, not asking for confirmation:]

The three keys will only work on live to exchange for the three Frostfell tables for year-round crafting?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.