Frostfell Bugs and Feedback 2013

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There is no Frostfell Workbench - I am fine with that (recipes that call for the workbench work just fine on the Frostfell woodworking table) BUT, the Frostfell recipes, both past and present, that mention the work bench really should be edited to mention the woodworking table instead, unless you want more confused souls repeating what I just did, which is run allll over Frostfell, more than once, looking for them, before whimpering pitifully in-channel. (I didn't even think to check and see if they worked on the woodworking table until after I whimpered :D)
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

We may also have an issue with Cold Pine Wreath, Craggy (Tall) Pine, and Stout (Snowy) Pine using discontinued ingredients. I made them just fine with some "fancy red and white wrap" that I had from past years, but Cloudrat believes that was one of the discontinued ones, and I didn't do a full check of past vs present on the prezzie items today like I wanted to. May need to switch them to another wrapping paper type that still exists. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Lera Well-Known Member

Fancy red and white wrap is still around, or at least it was last year.

The removed ones are:
    blue and silver dye
    charcoal chunkette
    cut stone
    fancy blue and white wrap
    fancy blue wrap
    fancy green wrap
    fancy red and gold wrap
    fancy yellow wrap
    female Frostfell outfit pattern
    Frostfell bow pattern
    Gigglegibber pre-mixed 'nog
    green and silver dye
    ground limestone
    ice cube
    natural fireplace blueprints
    ornate cobalt fireplace blueprints
    ornate sandstone fireplace blueprints
    red and green dye
    red and silver dye
    red dye
    refined cobalt
    smooth sandstone
    snowcreature instructions
    spring water

I wish we could have the snowcreature instructions and charcoal chunkette back, so we could have craftable snowpeople (including the tiny plushies), rather than just the prefabricated buyable ones.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

The tokens from Gixen (present exchange goblin, changes gifts from the storehouse to E'ci tokens) do not double for gold.

I suspect that was intended due to it being an exchange, but I figured I'd report it.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Okay, the Frostfell zone looks possibly even more cool when flying around.

And I'd like to see some sort of deer mount after seeing those reindeer on the sleigh ;)
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Gerbi Frostfoot items:

• Winter Frostfell Snowflake Garland preview cannot zoom out far enough to see the entire item.
    • I can see armor on the vendor for my level 92 warden, but there is no jewelry, primary, secondary, ranged, charm stuff, like there has been for lower tiers. Since I don't know if it is intentional, I figured I would mention it.
    Race thoughts:
    The Antonica (haven't checked CL) race leaderboard allows the same player to have multiple slots on the listing. My fuzzy memory says event races have been going to one listing per player. If my memory is actually working, is this race leaderboard going to be adjusted in the same way? :D
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

Feelin' Gifty is non-repeatable, only do able in one City, yet my character did not get retroactive credit for having done the quest in the past & cannot complete the new Frostfell Fanatic achievement.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I just did Frostfell Decoration Committee on my assassin/provie, and did not get credit towards the achievement.

However, I'd like to say I am THRILLED that It's Time to Sleight the Dragon! is not on the required list for the achievement. On behalf of the group-shy folks and rpers who's characters wouldn't kill an innocent, I thank you!
    Snowmoon and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So we can only get in there safely (and up on the islands from the ice level) if we can fly (or at least, survive the fall damage)? >:-/

Uwk
    who has no characters on Test that can do so...fly, that is; they can probably survive the fall... :-/
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I thought, looking at the initial notes, that the "Feelin' Gifty..." quest was available in Qeynos, Freeport, New Halas, Kelethin, Neriak, and Gorowyn? Or is that just for the initial quest giver guy? I can't tell, since I haven't been able to get into Test since yesterday (before FF got there)... :-/

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Shhhh! I think it's a great idea! So bloody slow in the previous years. :-/

Uwk
    Alexaandria likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No! No! It's not a problem, it's a great idea...hush, Finora, it's not a bug, it's a great new feature...shhh... :D

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Which are outrageously expensive, imho, especially for my Silver toons that don't have access to the Bags o' Plat. :-/

Uwk
    who misses the old recipes and mats as well...some are duplicated (the Hearths = Fireplaces), some have been swapped out for existing ingredients, but some have disappeared forever that were really cool :-(
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Which also means you'd better have someone who can get you decent armor and weapons, if we have to fight our way in to activate Frostfell this year. :-/

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! :)

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

WHEEEEE! Much happier kitteh now, after one of Da Alts spied some of the things for sale this year at the merchants... :)

Speaking of which, on the Ice Dragon Statuette, it seems to be a Secondary and/or Ranged item for Mages, Priests, and Paladins/Shadowknights, but all I'm seeing of it is just a bunch of glowie bits on the forearm? Is it supposed to look like a li'l shoulder-dragon or Pernese fire-lizard (was expecting a House Item, actually)? :-/

Uwk
  17. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

There's a snowy stairway down to the ice. When you first enter the zone, follow the zone wall to the left, past the entrance to Icy Keep, and you'll see it.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Geeps! Thanks; found it, if it is a little hairy...gotta make that jump between the landing and the first snow island. :)

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! I like the sign: "The Great Frostfell Tree A monument to the wondrous holiday." If that's the tree that Santa Glug is at, it's the smallest on the island; I can see about 10-20 great big trees, all about the same size as the old Great Tree, but none of them are decorated like it was, and all are snow-covered. ;->

There is a big, fancy one farther NW from Santa Glug, but it's on an entirely separate island...must see if there's a sign there, or a way to get to it... ;->

Uwk
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As am I...yes, the new zone is nice-looking, but it's pretty much exactly as I feared: can't find a blasted thing quickly, the place seems twice as big (with twice the distance to go for purple glowies, presents mat nodes, etc.) and with no flyers and 40 alts to get through FF this year (well, okay, Uwk can fly, but he's not on Test, and he's the only one even close to that level), any and all aids would be greatly appreciated. :-/

This includes being able to get ahold of Frostfell Crafting Stations, somehow, so we can make this stuff year-round; please, please, PLEASE tell me that's possible! /begging

Uwk
    Kaitheel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.