Frostfell Bugs and Feedback 2013

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finora Well-Known Member

I also absolutely love how the new zone looks, though I did take a dive when out of habit, I ran to where the old rainbow slide was (I miss that and wish it would show back up).

One thing I noticed is that runspeed buffs & mount speed work in the zone this year. I don't remember it working in previous years. Is that intended?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  2. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

New zone is beautiful! I am stealing a bunch of those giant animal sculptures!

When doing A Deepice Mystery, the quest lists getting the living snow flurry and living blaze as the same step, but the snow flurry only becomes attackable after the living blaze is killed. Might want to either change the flag requirement for the snow flurry or separate the steps in the quest.

A map of the new zone with POIs for where the frozen folk we need to defrost are would be glorious, especially because that stage of the quest does have to be done in order. (Yes, I'm spoiled.)

The living snow flurry dropped peanut brittle. Someone forget to tell him it's not NotD?

There are two Tinsels in the Frostfell Village, at either end of the loom line.

Shall do more testing later!
  3. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Both "Living" mobs dropped the peanut Brittle, this amused me.
    The islands are very hard to get up onto from the ice, some are impossible, especially for those of us that are too young to fly or lizzyhop. Please make a way to get up to all the islands from the water level.
    Also, dear gods, cant we get something to stop from sliding forever? So very weary of that.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

you might be bugged first time I went through I killed the living snow flurry first then teh living blaze. second time around I did it the opposite. althoug I was grouped with someone who had gotten the living blaze.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Okay, one more thing before I go.

RAINBOW BRIDGE!!!

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!
  6. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Most things I encountered were already mentioned above.

One thing I noticed clicking through previews of crafted items (haven't had the chance to actually make the items yet) is that the scarves and cloaks were not showing a preview for me. Can anyone else confirm this?
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

I could see the scarves & cloaks when I was looking on Finora.
  8. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Okay, maybe it was some issue with the heroic armor set then. Thanks.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

I am not sure when Test is going to be updated, but I've got the following changes headed your way:
    • The Merry Gingerbread Plushie recipe is now properly named.
    • The Tall Pine recipe is now properly named.
    • The Snowy Pine recipe is now properly named.
    • The Glacier Narrow Divider recipe now makes the proper item.
    • The Decorative Striped Cane recipes now require Gigglegibber Sweet Tooth, instead of the unavailable Ground Limestone.
    • A Deepice Mystery - There are now three living snow flurries in Everfrost and four living blazes in Lavastorm.
    • A Deepice Mystery - The living snow flurry and living blaze can be triggered and fought in any order now, as intended.
    • A Deepice Mystery - The living snow flurry and living blaze no longer think that they are Nights of the Dead content.
    • A Deepice Mystery - The living snow flurry and living blaze regions are now marked on the zone maps.
    • You are no longer seeing double Tinsel in the Frostfell wonderland Village.
    This has been great! Keep it coming!

~ Kaitheel
  10. Kaitheel Developer

It is most likely related to having made it flyable. Is this a problem?

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

There should be music in the Frostfell Wonderland Zone. I'll pass that issue along!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Glad to hear it! Wait, the new Frost Elk Antlers are not intended to remove hair. I'll pass that bug along, too!

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

Hum, I have been unable to fly in the zone.
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Yes, I am aware. And that too is a bug being resolved.

My first post stated,
    ~ Kaitheel
  15. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

OMGOMGOMG! I KNOW!! Someone mentioned this on the Homeshow Facebook page You don't know HOW HAPPY I am that you guys put those in! I'mma need a LOT of tokens this year! /dances!

And Kaitheel, I'm glad those weren't supposed to remove hair. They'll look so much better when I'm not bald! :-D
    Cyliena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Lizabethan Active Member

I know you're going to fix it, but I couldn't resist putting this little gem up:
    [IMG]
    "After a long day of Frostfell testing, the deer-ling retreats to the forest to hunt for wild-growing pies.."
  17. Deaby Member

my question is I am new to the test server. I would like to know do I need to make a new character or can I bring my main in. Just asking I tried the beta for the new game so I am so new at this.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

On test you have to level up a character like you would on a live server. However, test does have a permanent bonus to xp.
  19. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Test server is a permanent server, so no copies from live. No transferring characters either. You'll have to start a new char.

When Beta server is open it allows character copies, but I don't think it's up right now.
  20. Lizabethan Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.