Frostfang 2?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xianthia, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Xianthia Well-Known Member

For the past couple of months whenever I exit my New Halas home I always get a choice for Frostfang 2, which implies there are more than one instance open. When I try the bells however, there is never a Frostfang 2. So how come this is happening so often.

Only this week after the update was that Frostfang 2 option not offered, at least at first. By the time I recalled to my home and then exited the Frostfang 2 was again available.

(was looking for Zones and Population to post this, I'm hoping this is right forum now :))
  2. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

I've gotten Frostfang 2 on the Bells/Globes, as least as often as when I leave my home. And neither is anywhere near always.
  3. Spindle Well-Known Member

What servers do you play on? Population differs on servers. Play time populations vary also. People can log on/off during zoning time which would/could change the number of instances.

Are you complaining that a second instance opens?

Yeah, a zones forum would be nice. They will get around to it.
  4. SteelPiston Active Member

I remember Frostfang 14 the day the Freeport server started and Darklight Woods 17. It just means that the game is busy.
  5. Adaora New Member

Each number refers to a different "instance" of the specific zone. This usually happens when an "instance" gets too full of people, so the game creates another "instance" that people can go to which will be less populated. If you are in FFSea 2 and a friend of yours is in FFSea 5, for example(and yes this will happen and at MUCH higher numbers during the christmas celebrations), one of you will need to switch to the other's "instance" in order to physically see/interact with one another. Hope this helps!

Adaora @ Freeport
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Oh I understand why we get multiple zones :) The reason I was/am asking it's because I can log in two toons at the same time, I put one at a bell somewhere in Norrath (not New Halas) and one in my home (in New Halas). I then go to zone out of the home and I get an option for Frostfang 2, check on the toon that's at the bell but that toon doesn't get an option for a second instance.

It's just a strange thing I've noticed and made me wonder. Thank you all for replies :)