From IMDB.com: Heather Graham voice of Antonia Bayle

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Generator, Dec 29, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Generator Guest

http://us.imdb.com/news/wenn/#celeb8

Heather Thrilled To Be a Videogame Star
    Boogie Nights star Heather Graham has taken on a new action role - as the voice of a computer-animated heroine. Graham was approached to play Antonia Bayle, the ruler of fictitious Qeynos, in new videogame Everquest II and she admits she's hooked. She says, "I didn't even know the game when they approached me, but then I played the first one, and it was amazing. I'd always wished I had the chance to play Dungeons & Dragons as a kid, but I never had friends who were into it. Now I've got friends who are super-obsessed with EverQuest, and they fear for me once I start getting into the sequel."

Does anyone else know of any confirmed celebrity voices?
  2. ARCHIVED-WAPCE Guest

All the ones in the credits section of the manual?
  3. ARCHIVED-Generator Guest

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't recall seeing any names I recognized in the Voice-Over Talent section of the manual, but I went back and looked and Heather Graham and Christopher Lee are listed (on the following page, not the Voice-Over Talent page). So my apologies for posting news that really isn't new.
  4. ARCHIVED-DaneKast Guest

Wait...so does anyone else read that as saying that Heather Graham actually plays EQLive and (now) EQ2?

She HAS to just be saying that...No way does she actually play.

My world would be turned completely upside down if she did.
  5. ARCHIVED-Amegard Guest

That's cool, I'd never suspect an actress such as her to play Everquest II. Unfortunately when I clicked on the link I foumd out the lead dectective of my favorite TV show died :(
  6. ARCHIVED-PhourZwanZig Guest

My biggest ? is how many didnt want their name in the manual or just didnt make time of print.. Like the guy near CrossRoads in the Commanlands.. Canix I think his name is.. Sounds like George Carlin.. but his name isnt in the list..

BTW.. if you do a search, there was a thread just like this one back just after time of release
  7. ARCHIVED-StAugustine Guest

Why wouldn't she play? I saw an interview where Ben Afflek said he plays a ton of online games and has internet friends. (who don't know who he is lol) Famous people have lives too.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cutshall Guest

Just think, I may very well be George Clooney. ;)
  9. ARCHIVED-Nvitrius Guest

There are a ton of voice actors for the game, if you do an IMDB search on the majority of them you'll find that they've probably voiced several other cartoons, and video games you've played as well. Such as the first time I met Cog Burn in Wailing Caves, I instantly recognized him as the same voice actor that did the character Invader Zim, as well as the same guy who did the voice for Canderous in Knights of the Old Republic.. people here and there.

Being from freeport I just think that hearing Christopher Lee at all in the game is a bit over the top, he sounds really forced and out of place.
  10. ARCHIVED-Straylight Guest

FYI - I'm totally addicted to this game.

-Brad Pitt
  11. ARCHIVED-EricDude Guest

I know what you mean Brad. I would have started organizing the tsunami relief effort sooner, but I was on a roll banging out 16 slot strong boxes.

G. W. Bush
  12. ARCHIVED-Jallainin_Brell Guest

In all seriousness I thought it was really cool when Allakhazam's did the interview with Curt Schilling a while back regarding his EQ life... I wish more celebrities did this.
  13. ARCHIVED-Goigi Guest

14. ARCHIVED-Akurei Senshi Guest

bah Chris don't sound forced, it sounds like they caught him between lotr takes lol
  15. ARCHIVED-KadenNightwolf Guest

It's wonderful that "celebs" play on games like EQ, and if anything, it must be an amazing relief to get out of the spotlight and be just a season 12 crusader and not have anyone scream "OMFG.. YOU'RE SO COOOL".

Even still, the idea that I might just be grouping with Dubya is a little odd. I bet he'd play a mage. Stand back and nuke. No way wound be a tank and risk his life. Oops. Got a little too political there. Ah well. Ignore me. :p

I love the anonyimity of the game, and it's wonderful to know that only SOE truly know who you are, and they have the respect not to abuse that knowledge. :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Kyliegirl Guest

I love to play this game! It's the only time I can truely get away from the paparazzi!

Cameron Diaz
  17. ARCHIVED-Matathios Guest

heather graham did antonia baybe and christopher lee (evil wizard from LOTR whos name i dont know and Count Dooku from SW: AOTC)
  18. ARCHIVED-BankerJ82 Guest

Dude it'd be AWESOME if Bush played EQ2, hahaha. I could totally see him playing a Brawler after that incident in Chile, or maybe an Inquisitor, hehe.

Maybe in 2008 they could give each candidate a character and let them duel it out to see who wins the presidency? ;) Maybe not. Would be an awesome spectacle to see in-game though.
  19. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

I don't remember the link but there was an interview that SOE posted some time back where Heather Graham and Christopher Lee both talked in depth about their involvement - and Graham said she was playing the game (EQ2) since she had gotten a copy - or would be playing it when she got it. Go through the news archives, you'll see the interview link.

BTW - trivia - Vin Diesel is a huge D&D and sci-fi geek. He still buys manuals and source books and still games now and then - he's confirmed this time and again in published interviews. He showed Judy Dench the properties of an air elemental from the Compendium when they were doing Riddick and Dench had no idea what an air elemental was all about. He founded Tygon games which developed the Riddick game for X-Box and says he wants to do more with it. So if any celeb is playing EQ2 I bet he is. And there are probably tons of others. I mean if I were famous that wouldn't keep me from playing EQ2 -- except to limit how MUCH time ... lol
  20. ARCHIVED-Damarang Guest

Not that he is a huge celebrity, But Anthony from Opie $ Anthony is currently playing EQ2 and discusses it weekly on their XM satellite Radio show. He has mentioned both his character name and server on air. Also, given that Schilling has mentioned in several interviews that their were plenty of ball players who Played EQ1, I wouldn't be suprised if they were all playing EQ2 now.