Frogloks are Great, but 2 changes would make them much better.

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-TheSpin, Aug 17, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

1. Increased runspeed increases animation rate so much it's just annoying to play a fast froggy. All races encounter this, but with frogloks it's especially bad to the point where I'm sure the race is unplayable to some. I actually try to time my running with hitting the jump bar so I hop along instead of the freakishly spastic running that goes along with a fast runspeed. Hitting the jump bar every time he hits the ground looks just perfect for how a froglok really should look when running, but it's sure a lot of work.
    2. My froglok bruiser had this awesome flip-smash type attack when using a 2 hander. I think it took the place of one of the kick animations. This attack animation should really get spread around to some other attacks. Melee priest frogloks, for example, could have one of their attacks (with a longer cooldown) use this animation. I'm sure it would be a welcome change to add a little variety into the pretty mundane animations of melee priests.
  2. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

I agree on both counts!
    The normal runspeed hopping is insane, if you are on a mount you have hidden it's beyond absurd. I also do the jump thing while I'm running for exactly the same reason.
    I used to love Frogloks back in EQ1 because of their flip casting animation. I played a human ranger & used to beg my husband's enchanter for froglok illusion for the flip. I wasn't even aware there was a flip animation at all in EQ2. My froglok is a conjurer though.
  3. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    I think the flip animation is technically for a monk/bruiser only kick, but the way they hold the weapons when performing the kick means it could also be used for a weapon based attack. There are so few frogloks anyway and a lot of extra work was put into froglok animations, I think taking full advantage of the animations regardless of class is a good idea.