Froglok Monk Taunt Animation

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Xanzibar, Feb 9, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Xanzibar Guest

Are Froglok Monks the only ones who get the "Morpheus taunt" animation? I took my Froglok evilside to become a Bruiser, and he started using the normal "waving" taunt. I've only seen that style of taunt animation on other races.

Morpheus taunt FTW! :D
  2. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

Xanzibar@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Aw man... color me jealous. My Monk is a Barbarian and she has no Morpheus taunt.
  3. ARCHIVED-RoguePyro Guest

We Barbarians may not get a fancy taunt, but think about this.... He's a frog.

Thats enough punishment I would think to deserve SOMETHING cool.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bounty Guest

I've checked out a few combinations of monks and bruisers in various races and classes... and I think its safe to say that frogs are the only morpheus taunters. I also find it interesting that monks get a significantly more kung-fu martial arts style stance and certain other punches that brawlers just don't get in their animations.

Frogs also do the Neo bullet dodge where they lay flat when they dodge. Plus they get a cool back hand spin move punch for one of their auto attack animations.
  5. ARCHIVED-Exoil Guest

I just got done playing the trial phase and bought the game. I read Beckett's MMO magazine and they did an article on the monk/bruiser which made me want to try them. I created one from every race and frogloks by far have the coolest animation. Now the only hard choice for me is which side to pick, but if you say the bruisers dont get the special taunt, I think I know. :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Teyaha Guest

is th taunt the only animation taht changes? do the frogs still do their leap up in the air and smash auto attack animation as a bruiser too?
  7. ARCHIVED-Takamori Guest

Sorry to necro this thread, but what happened to the cool froglok taunt animation? How do I turn it back on? Rerolled a froggie monk because of the cool animations (yes, I am more interested in cool looking stuff than tanking raid content), and it seems to be gone?!
  8. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Takamori wrote:
    I suspect it got hit by the GU 57 spell and combat art change debacle there is a sticky here to note your displeasure at the change if enough people complain you may get it back.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

I never saw these animations specifically to frogluks but if they were cool then feedback in the FX revamp thread