Freshly boosted 120

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Craized, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Craized New Member

So I’ve recently returned, and created a new level 120 Beastlord.

My questions are:

what should I be doing now?

Where should I be going for gear?

What old stuff is beneficial to do?

And In what order should I be looking to do this stuff?

Is there anywhere with some decent info on how to play a Beastlord?

Any input is welcome. Thanx.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Soara2, Schmetterling and Craized like this.
  3. Carynn Well-Known Member

In adding to Sig's advice, I would highly recommend joining a guild, who will help you out with figuring all this stuff out with the crazy end game stats and changes. Either check out the guild recruitment area on this forum or hit up the guild recruitment section on discord. You can also post in the individual server channels that you're looking for a guild, your times and playstyles, and folks will point you in the right direction.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there is a guild page on every server that tells you what guilds are recruiting , and the recruiters that are on line , so you can contact said Guild about more information or a recruitment right away .
    You should already know about that since your a returning player .
    Sounds to me like you will have to mentor down to achieve what Sigrdrifa recommended .
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

what should I be doing now?
    The access quest to Fordel Midst and CD, start an ascension at a trainer in Myrist library (don't get too hung up on this, you just need to start one, you will eventually level most if not all of them to max lvl), and BoL access quest and 1st half of the 1st adv signature line quest in BoL, buy epic 2.0 spells if needed.
    then start the signature line for the new expansion in City of Fordel Midst, summer quests, PQs in any order except access quest would be first. Now you have the option after you do these to back track and do old signature lines to open up the group/raid zones such as BoL expansion, CD expansion, etc.

Where should I be going for gear? City of Fordel Midst, use a wizzy spire to get there, it may require access quest to get in. This one is very short, get from mail quest item. I mean super fast access quest a few minutes or so. There is a box when you zone in that has gear. Your boosted gear is about the same, but you might have either no adornments or old ones if you boosted before the expansion came out, not sure. We had to use the box gear to get it right on our boosted ones, but they were before the expansion, and I can't remember if we had to go get their epic 2.0 spells or not

What old stuff is beneficial to do? If you get your spells epic 2.0 with the boost (cant remember if you do or not) then not sure unless you want to craft, if you want to craft I would advise the crafting lines that reap the rewards you prefer, this is individualized as to what a person wants. An example is I always get mine a pack pony, KA plant (kunark ascending) so that I don't have to harvest a lot later, prerequisites to these are ToT crafting and Proof of Pudding, then I did the new line to fly in the new zones, but not the BoL one as it was super long and tedious. If you do NOT have your epic 2.0 spells, then I suggest you get up on the BoL access quest and then the first half of the first signature adventure line quest until you see the drone and use the drone to go to sanctus seru city. You can then buy your epic spells for 0 coppers in Sanctus Seru. Now there are some adornment stuff raiders do, you would have to ask one, as I am not if there is anything else old you should do. I would do the summer quests so that this year you will be caught up when the new ones come out, plus it gives you important boosts and stuff.

And In what order should I be looking to do this stuff? personally I would do this all in the order I listed on the first question for adventure and the BoL access quest and that tiny part of the BoL signature line would be my first thing if I did not have epic 2.0 spells, The access quest for the Reign of Shadows (new one) then signature line for the new expansion (Reign of Shadows), summer quests (wizzy spires sundered frontier), PQs in Echo caverns, etc. Reign of Shadows expansion in any order except access quest for Reign of Shadows would be first.

Then for the crafting- Pack pony, Proof of Pudding at lvl 70 crafting and adventure, ToT at lvl 100, part 1 through 3 of PoP at crafting 100, KA, as much of the BoL crafting to just get to 120 and then RofS at lvl 120 crafting lines these are only for if you WANT to be a crafter and want only the items that help with materials as far as rewards go.

Is there anywhere with some decent info on how to play a Beastlord? see Sig's post as I am the worst possible beast ever and would delete mine if it were not my only alchemist. I just never got into the big blue paw in my face thing. Yeah I am sk, fury, necro all the way.

Access quests come from various mail items. The CD one looks like a gold square coin. You should at least do the access quests for CD and BoL and Reign of Shadows. The BoL one takes a little bit of time, you clear a whole zone. The rest of the access quests are few minutes there only. Also- keep in mind, if you like the way your gear looks before you change, you can put the old gear that you like the way it looks on appearance tab on char screen or in wardrobe tab on char screen!
    Adrastus and Breanna like this.
  6. Craized New Member

Thank you soara. Some very good info here. Much appreciated.

And thanx to dig, and the others who commented.
    Soara2 likes this.