Freeport News

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Encanto, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Please tell Halden I wish him well, but I will be unable to visit ANtonica tonight. I was not being attentive to time zones and that's past my bedtime, or better still past my hard working husband's betime who doesn't need me clacking awy to the glow of a screen in the room ;)
  2. Sweetpetunia Guide

On February 4th about 4pm pacific in Kelethin seek out a pirate.
    Seek a froglok, on February 7th about 5pm Pacific Time in Sinking Sands.

As always the times are Pacific and things are assuming that the RL monster doesn't come along and stop things. :)
  3. Thornrose Guide

Thursday 2/7/13 Rumors are that a mighty hunter will be looking for help around 6PM PT in the Commonlands.

All the stuff about trying our best, but Real Life sometimes getting in the way....
  4. Thornrose Guide

Monday, 2/11/13 - Rumors are that a lazy eh that is.... enterprising Othmir will be looking for assistance at the Antonica docks around 4:30PM PT

All that stuff about trying our best, but Real Life sometimes getting in the way...
  5. Sweetpetunia Guide

Rumors are around that about 2/13/13 there will be a couple of folks seeking some adventurers to share some laughs with in Halas. See you there about 6:30 pm pacific time.
  6. Squeecha Senior Guide

Those wandering bored through the Darklight area this evening around 5 PM PST may want to watch out for an odd Arasai. He's always muttering stuffs about lights and fairies and parts..... strange evens for an Arasai....
  7. Thornrose Guide

2/20/13 4:30PM PT near the docks in Sinking Sands, a much too cute baby dragon will be looking for assistance in creating a new story for her family of story-loving dragons. Come by & help her out!

All that stuff about trying our best, but that nasty monster Real Life sometimes getting in the way...
  8. Katen New Member

A big thank you for running this event. My husband and I had a great time storytelling. Extra brownies for all!
  9. Kattt Well-Known Member

I asked at a previous guide event, and was told it would be looked into, so I am just inquiring again if its possible to run the drum reward guide quest, please? The one that gives "Drum of the Shattered Lands" please? Thanks so much! :)
  10. Mystfit Well-Known Member

OOooo..house item.../drool!
  11. Squeecha Senior Guide

Actually, there's a few quests with that particular reward, but I'll see if I can urge some folks in that direction. No promises thoughs.....
    Mystfit likes this.
  12. Bruce The Original Member

Would love it if the Guide Doodad collection items could find their way into a few more events. I keep asking at every posted guide event I can attend, and each time I ask the response is bewilderment, which is rather embarrassing. Literally, guides have no idea what I'm asking for, whether I ask for them within the context of the event or just asking outright.
  13. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Depends on the situation. If they are runnig an event, as NPC's, they don't offer shinnies and will likley act bewildered. The shinnies come when a guide is there as themselves, chatting or visiting.
  14. Squeecha Senior Guide

Ding Ding!! You'll only get them when you interacts with a Guide who is on as themselves. (With the title Guide, Senior Guide, Apprentice Guide in front of the name hovering over their heads)

Just because it's a Guide running the character doesn't make it their Guide character. I'm on a lot of times not as Squeecha. Sometimes I is even forced to bes a ...*shudder* kitty.....
  15. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Adds to her list of requests a quest that requires Squeecha come play as a kitty...
  16. Corea Guide

I heard there was a need to "drum" up some fun around here :) so tonight...
    Thursday February 28th @ 6:30 p.m
    A very troubled Halfling Craftsman will be in need of your assistance in Antonica.

*Please note that the times listed are Pacific and although we guides try to do our best, sometimes that real life thing gets in the way*
  17. Kattt Well-Known Member

thank you thank you thank you....so much! My dirge is thrilled! =D I am so appreciative of such quick response and everything. :)
  18. Squeecha Senior Guide

Interesting fact for the day: Some Guide quests have different or extra rewards for those who roleplay well with the actors, or for the best roleplayer in the bunch.
    Mystfit likes this.
  19. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm pretty sure a few of the items on the want list I have is for situations such as that. For example, a fortune's tellers table and my Tumpy's Tonic are high on my list.
    I've actually done that quest from last night before and there was no drum. Makes me wonder if it's because that was supposed to be cause it was for well done chairs and drums and mine sucked ;)
    It's a conflict, though, trying to play along and also not get in the way. If there are alot of people there, I want to balance having some fun with not monopolizing. If I think it's too crowded, I toss the goodies and try to back away for the next guy.
  20. Rael Member

Does the quest that gives the mushroom hat making you small still get run? I never knew which one it was and missed it a bunch of times (mainly because I'm in the UK and failed at getting the time conversion right, or I was at work).

I've had some lovely gifts when I have felt brave enough to RP with the guides/quest giver but I find some people do tend to take over and it can be hard to find a good time where I feel comfortable approaching and not like I'm interrupting. I'm appreciative of people like Mysfit who do give others an opportunity to scamper forwards and have a little chat too, better than standing at the back hoping to get a chance too. :)