Freeport’s Fantastic Rumor Mill

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Naylie-DelANews, Dec 20, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Naylie-DelANews Guest

Currently the Guide program is figuring out guide coverage for the server. Until that time the Swat Guides and the Community Team will be covering running quests on the server. We are in the process of working out a schedule for the next two weeks and once that is done we will be posting it here.

We anticipate the first Frostfell quests being run on the server early Thursday morning with a follow up appearance by Brasse around 7:30 pm.

Stay tuned for more information.
  2. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

When you say schedule, will you be giving dates AND times? My hubby is addicted to quests and will want to know so he can schedule accordingly. LOL!
  3. ARCHIVED-Indabuff Guest

Great news will be looking forward to the fun when our server comes back....
  4. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

For Thursday, December 22, 2011, Charbon will be on Freeport at 12:00 PM PST and Brasse will be on at 7:30 PM PST to offer out a few more Frostfell quests.
  5. ARCHIVED-Charbon Guest

Isulith wrote:
    I might be there.. arasai's perrogative. ;p Okay fine I'll be there. ;ppp Maybe I'll bring a frostfell goblin along with me. You volunteer Isulith?
  6. ARCHIVED-Elomort Guest

Great to see this happening, I hope once it's fully running that there will be guides in the very busy AU/EU peak play times too! This time around I don't mind missing out on the guides for Frostfell though (eg: Brasse is on duty at 2:30pm AEDT no way to expect her to hang around until Midnight :p)
  7. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

Elomort wrote:
    We can't really guarantee that, but the Guides will try to be as around as possible depending on when they have the availability, especially once it gets into full swing.
  8. ARCHIVED-Charbon Guest

Squeecha wrote:
    You're really going to trust what a ratonga says?
  9. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Katttara Guest

Can anyone give an idea as to how long these last/they stay? Never had this before so new to me, and I managed to log on an hour later and was no one around...so I am guessing less than an hour?
  11. ARCHIVED-Charbon Guest

T ypically guide quests are about 30-90 minutes unless they are something ilke the Aether Races which go for about six hours.

I hope that helps.

-Charbon
  12. ARCHIVED-Indabuff Guest

well I was there on time and waited around for over a half hour and no one showed so not sure you missed anything.
  13. ARCHIVED-Charbon Guest

The Aether Races are up for a few hours~ have fun!
  14. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

Indabuff wrote:
    *sneaks in through the unlocked back door*
    Forgive the intrusion, but I just thought that I would point out, for anyone who is new to the joys of "Guide sightings", that all times listed are PST, unless otherwise noted. That might not explain the absence mentioned in the above message, but I figured that I would throw it out there.
    It should also be noted that there's always the possibility that events/appearances will be delayed due to interferences from the Real Lifeâ„¢ demon, unexpected downtime, technical difficulties, etc. -- you know what they say about the best-laid plans. We try our best, but sometimes delays are unavoidable.
    I hope that everyone enjoys having the Guide program on Freeport!
    *rushes back out*
    - Tallann
  15. ARCHIVED-Elomort Guest

I adore that avatar Tallann!
    Wewt for us having wonderful guides helping out!!
  16. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

Lyssia@The Bazaar wrote:
    Whenever we post one here, it will give dates and times. Times will always be Pacific time.
    That doesn't mean every quest or activity will be listed here, but we will try as much as we can.

You'll see more examples in the next few days.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lunie Guest

<sigh> I been waiting at the Frostfell Tree to find out the disturbance that was felt world wide near it. Now, I hear there's a guide in Freeport. Kinda sucks that I'm a Qeynosian, and still heard that red-blurb about the disturbance, but can't get to it.
  18. ARCHIVED-Karilee Guest

Thank you, thank you! I hope you all know how much your efforts are appreciated. I'm so excited to be able to take part in these events now and judging by the massive crowd I was just trapped in, I'm not the only one who is glad you're here :)

Quick question - if the same quest is offered on another occasion, can it be repeated? Or are the guide quests a one-time deal per character?
  19. ARCHIVED-Andemon Guest

Thanks for the race, got a disc for all of my alts. :)
    This was the very first time that I've ever been around for a guide event. ...am usually at work or asleep when they happen.
  20. ARCHIVED-Charbon Guest

Karilee wrote:
    Most of our quests can be repeated.