Freeblood Race Age

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Ivrindis, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Ivrindis New Member

I am Aware that the freeblood race got introduced a few years ago to the world of Norrath. But I am still confused about the actual Age of this race. How Long have freeblood vampires been around in Norrath ... can only humans be turned in freeblood vampires or other races as well?
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

here this should enlighten you: freeblood lore

"Although it appears they have not yet achieved their goal, they met a measure of success with a human male they refer to as "Sarkon". While he was not what they were hoping for initially, he did survive his experiments and was able to evidently provide them with a wealth of information. Evidently, they found all they needed to know, and were planning to destroy him. That was, until they entered his chamber to find him missing. Sarkon had escaped.
    The troubling piece of information here, is that Sarkon escaped during the daylight. I'll repeat that: Sarkon fled his confinement during full sunlight.

It appears that Sarkon can walk into the daylight, since no charred remains were found."
  3. Shazbot Active Member

The Freeblood are definitely a created race, much like the Sarnak. Tserrina Sly'tor, a dark elf necromancer from Neriak began the process somehow. Then Mayong Mistmoore got his hands on her and turned her into a vampire and went from there. Finally the incident above with the human male Sarkon who was created by the House D'Morte in Neriak using Mayong's notes on his experimentation on the captive Tserrina.

The age of Freebloods cannot be all that great as they were not around in EQ.
  4. That guy. Well-Known Member

EQ2 is an "alternate history" and is not canon with EQ1, so something being around or not around in EQ1 is irrelevant.
  5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

However, their timelines were concurrent until, roughly, around the time of the Planes of Power expansion. Essentially, the timelines split off at that point, so that anything that happened (development-wise) after that in EQ wouldn't affect EQ2 and vice versa. Anything that occurred prior to that point (within EQ*) would have been canon for both games, though.

* The reason I make this distinction is because, as I understand it, EQ Online Adventures took place 500 years prior to the events in EQ, but I'm not sure if it was a separate but convergent timeline or if it was just earlier in EQ's timeline.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

Sarkon made his first appearance in the Nights of the Dead Haunted Mansion in Somborn Village. While this is mainly a "fun event" Sarkon did turn all of us into Vampires. Technically speaking, everybody is a Freeblood vampire. Though most holiday events are non-cannon (or Norrath has a whole bunch of Freeblood Vampire/werewolves ready to march against Kerafyrm and his Awakened cult) it is the basis for the Freeblood race. Sarkon should of been slain by us, but he probably created the Freeblood as a way to confuse those perusing him as well as a way to get some followers. Player Freeblood don't even remember their creator so they were probably created either by another rogue Freeblood. One thing we see from the event is that you loose your memory of being created and take quite some time to regain consciousness.
  7. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I thought the canon to the NOTD vamp was when you defeated yourself form the mirror that was effectively 'curing' your curse. you just hide the fact that you, not sarkon, were the murderer. but the general story is yes, Sarkon is the 'original' Freeblood. and that generally the people that 'failed/died' trying to cleanse the mansion (npcs before we get there) became the first Freebloods..and they spread from there.

Only humans/elves can become Freebloods. no other race(s) survives the transformation process..and usually it leaves a pretty bad corpse. but yes the original experiments were not mayongs notes on what he did to Tserrina persay. they were general notes on how to create a vampire, and they also took notes from Tserrina on her self experiments she did when Mayong was with her. Since the D'morte clan was creating others until then by using the Ewer.

it was an attempt at 'strengthening' their bloodline. they make it sound in the story that the freeblood race isn't very old at all. it's creation is obviously after the events with Rohen Theer, as that is when Anashti got loose and took back the Ewer (happens during her diety line) which made them have to look for a new way to convert (stealing mayongs notes on how to turn others) and then they wanted to be stronger (stealing Tserrina's notes about her self experiments, the ones that got Mayong to basically ditch her at the altar.) and the result was Sarkon.
  8. Vultir Member

I still think they should have made the COLDAIN a playable race to go with velious in EQII, but I really enjoyed the freeblood at early levels. Everyone was playing them back them in a rush to grind.

Good times.
  9. Warlord Greebo New Member

Freeblood; pretend vampires.

But hey, who amongst us isnt pretending?:)