Free Transfers for Merged Servers starts Thurs, Dec 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

All along they have been saying everyone will be able to transfer but today they changed it to all access.....pretty crappy to say that now instead of from the beginning. You don't like my feedback then ignore me.
    Dendrelis, Rose, Prissetta and 5 others like this.
  2. Eradani Well-Known Member

it's not just the Guild Hall people don't want to lose, you can also buy other things based on your guild lvl.
    Ahlana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Can something be truly considered free or a gift if it still requires a payment of some sort in order to be able to use it? (i.e. Free krono with every 50000 plat fuel purchase off my broker)

I get that they're a for-profit corporation. I just believe that with all of their collected knowledge and talents, a better way to stimulate players to purchase items and subscriptions can be found. These kinds of methods reek of the "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch" adage, and using an opportunity cost during this merger seems a bit cheesy for lack of a better term.

In my own personal situation, if I could move my ftp silver toons to my current server, I'd be more inclined to purchase expacs and subscriptions in light of the sheer generosity of the company. As it stands now, those toons will remain abandoned and unused since I have no intention of ponying up more money to help rectify a problem that was out of everyone's control.

I don't think it was changed at all. The fine print was never mentioned. I wonder if this was intentional? Seems an important factoid to leave out during a broadcast or post. Adding in the "for all access members only" would have been prudent.
    Dendrelis, Rose, Prissetta and 3 others like this.
  4. Gramma Active Member

That's a shame. I don't want to delete her, but I scarcely ever play her.
    Tierisch and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Lol and wince... ;->

Especially when the tokens work automagically, and don't need any dev/tech/whoever to intervene by hand unless it's account->account. :-/

Forgive my underlining, but I've found that the italicizing tends to disappear when viewing the text as quotes in another post, and those were good. :)

Or, "whatever isn't expressly stated is implied default," or something... :-/

Until I get an answer for my question (which probably won't be until Monday; hopefully the day after tomorrow ;->) about whether or not my way-more-than-30-days-old two Silver accounts with the characters in question would officially count if I injected $15 into each of them now, I won't do so. /shrug

Uwk
    who still thinks the Powers should've just done the old-fashioned merger method back in August, and we might not have been worrying about this NOW (really, really bad time for it, I agree)... ;->
    Dendrelis, Prissetta, Tsurara and 2 others like this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

$15 for an all access sub, giving you free transfers for all your toons during the week. As well as a months full access, the 500 dbc to spend, and the chance to cash in those loyalty tokens you've been hoarding for ages.

Or

$25 per toon for a transfer.

It seems worth it to me for one month. Nobody is asking you to be all access forever, just to take advantage of something DBG are offering for free after spending months of time and effort merging servers for players. They don't have to offer free transfers at all, they could have just merged us and said there you go. They have chosen to give this benefit to those who support financially via subscriptions. And before the 'I don't need a sub to support financially' comment, then you'll be fine spending the same money for one month on a sub to enjoy some different perks for a change (as well as the dbc).
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Eradani Well-Known Member

i have 1 silver account that i WILL spend the $15 for one month sub on IIF it's clarified that this (older than 30 day account) will be eligible for xfer tokens if i spend the $15.

since i'm with everyone who thought the original transfer post did not exclude free2play i am not going to assume that buying a sub now will qualify this account for xfer tokens since the Account Age is definitely > 30 days.

Please confirm or deny:
    free2play account age > 30 days + 1 month sub = xfer tokens
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen, yeah. :)

Inquiring minds want to know! ;->

Uwk
    Tsurara and Eradani like this.
  9. Flatline Well-Known Member

We really still wanna know.
    but i guess silence is the treatment
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

If more Everquest 2 players paid a sub, Columbus Nova would be more inclined to keep EQ2 running instead of closing it down and selling it off piecemeal (as "chop shop" investment firms are known for doing) in light of the sheer generosity of the players. This ain't your momma's Sony anymore.
    Jaden likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True, but this isn't encouraging the players to do so.

Uwk
    Dendrelis likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this is occurring during a major holiday weekend for the US (and no one's in the office; probably won't be until next Monday), but if it and bugs (see the thread about Vista and XP users not being able to access the Marketplace any more; partial fix due next Thursday, after all the deals) had been known about before, something should have been done about it before now. :-/

Uwk
  13. Spock Active Member

I feel sad for Holly and all the people that work on merging those servers when i read that thread.It's like they haven't done anything to please the community.Maybe they would have been better to leave everybody on their pre-merge servers and saying if you want to move pay for it and leave your guild hall.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Frankly, I agree. I think a lot of the whole Merger Madness was caused by a bunch of loud people who couldn't figure out why no one wanted to play with them and blamed it on "dead servers." :-/

Uwk
  15. Gorjuss Member

The whining and freaking out was one of the main reasons I stopped playing all together until the TLE I came back for ToT because of the generosity of my in game friend and I LOVE ToT but yeah, I agree it's still so stressful half the time when you read forums and even the gen chat sometimes
    Ceyllynn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Zenby New Member

why can't Silver players get the Transfer we were forced to move to another server and split up our toons left us guildless and friendless my toons are on diffrent server then my friends. Not everyone likes to sub. Me I'd sub if i wasn't paying bills. Could atleast give us 2 or 3 charecters per account to transfer. Please work with us Silver players
    Rose and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Your post is a grasp at thin air. You were moved with everyone on the server along with whatever guild you were in and should still have your guild and tag, unless they disbanded you. How could you have been split up from your friends? If you were indeed all on the same server before the move, you should still be. They did not hack the servers into small bits and toss players to multiple servers, they CONSOLIDATED 3 servers into one.
    Ceyllynn and Lateana like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Here's an idea (the things I think about at 2:30 am):

1. DBG figures out how to waive the "you have to have a paid sub for the account for the past 30 days" thing (since they didn't tell us any of this before Nov. 3rd) and lets us apply it to Bronzes and Silvers in existence for more than 30 days->Gold before Dec.10th. :)

2. Many, many currently Bronze/Silver account holders start throwing $15/account at DBG for the sake of the free transfer tokens. :)

3. DBG gets lots and lots and lots of $$$, at least for a month at the end of the fiscal year, and happy customers. :)

4. Said happy customers, if they can afford it (nowadays that's a big dang "if," still; the grand majority of F2Pers aren't looking to destroy the game, they're trying to decide between the game, rent, food, electricity, gas, and water), will continue to subscribe because they're happy, giving DBG more $$$ on a regular basis. :)

5. Win/win. ;->

Uwk
    Zenby, Rose and Prissetta like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

1a. DBG doesn't need to extend this waiver thing beyond this special event: in January and beyond, they can go right back to their "must be paid for 30 days before transfer" bit--oh, hey! Let us have the TOKENS, but not be able to USE them to do any transfers until our previously F2P accounts have been PAID for 30 days! :D

"How 'bout that?" --Tony Stark, The Avengers
  20. Krishtah New Member

There was a time when I was All Access, but being a part-time player now I F2P. This last minute "edit" is really insulting. Anyone who's purchased the recent expansion should be considered All Access in the eyes of this transfer. There has been a major shake up of our population and for those who've migrated over the last couple of years to find active communities this "edit" is a slap in the face. There are many of us who left our home servers and jumped the All Access hurdle to end up where we are, but now the promise of thriving communities back on our home servers is here we have to jump those hurdles again?! This was an opportunity for broken communities to reconnect. This "free transfer" should be exactly that, "FREE!" It was the company's decision to merge worlds and ignite the player base's hopes for more communal interaction on those worlds. There are so many dedicated players that left those worlds in the past because of the problem that lead to those merges. To not offer the original stated "free transfer" is just bad business. When you say, "free," the players expect, "FREE!"
    Zenby, Rose, Prissetta and 4 others like this.