Free Transfers for Merged Servers starts Thurs, Dec 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

No. These free transfer tokens are for use in moving a character from one server to another from the list in the original post.

These tokens will not give you a free account to account transfer.
  2. Xillean Well-Known Member

I didn't see it addressed yet but could you pretty please confirm that those of us on AB will in fact be able to leave and go where we choose? It sounds like it but I would love a confirmation that this isn't just limited to the 3 new servers and that those on AB will also be getting the tokens. In my case I have toons on Skyfire and AB id like to have them all on Skyfire since most my friends ended up there.
  3. ZUES Well-Known Member

I'm speechless that you're speechless. Daybreak is a company, not a charity. These free transfers are gift. While it would be nice to move some of my FTP toons to my current server, I understand this decision.
  4. Xper Well-Known Member

These transfers are a courtesy because of the merges which players had no control over, and I would have expected this courtesy to be extended to both F2P and subs. F2P players are affected by these mergers just as much as members.

"Free transfers" has never been a member benefit. So as much as I appreciate your snide remarks, this isn't something that would have been reasonably expected, nor has it been mentioned previously. All announcements have said 'free transfers for players affected by the merge' not 'free transfers for gold members affected by the merge'
    Spindle, Dendrelis, Rose and 7 others like this.
  5. Roshen Well-Known Member

Confirmed.

As stated in the original post

6. Balla New Member

I guess so much for the "we'll look into it" on the podcast concerning people with need to move characters from merged servers outside the US.
    Vuurvink and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Xillean Well-Known Member

Ah thank you, my reading skills failed me, time for more coffee!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Dedith Well-Known Member

9. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I know it's not the best solution, but you might consider doing a one month sub so you can then use the transfer tokens. It would cost $15, which would be cheaper than $20 per character done at another time.

I know it isn't as kind as being able to do them for free (I was hoping that ftp members would also be able to use them, like those of us who are all-access), but it's still far less expensive. You'll also have all of the all-access membership benefits for one month, on top of it.

And I agree with you - they were always saying "free transfers to all players", not "free transfers to all all-access members". It is better that they clarified, although I wish the clarification had informed us of the opposite thing.
    Dendrelis, Vuurvink, zimzorz and 4 others like this.
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

As per Windstalker herself, in the original FAQ thread:

While I am an AllAcess member so this issue for F2P players does not affect me, yet according to the above post by Windstalker in the original FAQ, it does not state that this service will only be applied to AllAccess members. For them to state this now is not just misleading, but unkind and will reflect poorly upon DBG unless they make amends to open up free transfers to even F2P players.

Sadly, this is something that should have been stated at the original posting of the FAQ, as I understand the company's need to earn funds and realize that character transfers will take staff away from other tasks they could be otherwise performing.

On a more positive note, however, for DBG anyways, I think since they did not offer to open guilds up to transfer as well, many will decline to transfer rather than to give up their guilds, which I am sure is the number one reason they did not open guilds up to transferring as well. They knew that the number of people transferring would be reduced if they did not allow guilds to also transfer.

Kittybock, I truly appreciate your offer to assist me in building up a guild on AB, and as much as I would love to move to AB, yet I think I shall remain on Maj'dul. I just happen to really like the decorators on AB although I also like them on the other servers too (there just happen to be more of them on AB). Let the staff do what they do best and come up with new and more wonderful content for us, as opposed to taking time out to transfer my characters. I am not a well-liked individual, not that I've made much effort to be well-liked and I don't do well in group situations, but your offer is extremely kind. I guess in my old age, I've just become a lot more cynical and outspoken, and although I am trying to be more discerning and empathetic as well as more constructive in my criticisms, I still have my bad moments. :oops:
    Jaden, Rose, Kuulei and 4 others like this.
  11. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Very sad to see that the original post was edited to say "You still need to be an All Access member to transfer". I was very excited that the first post didn't include that statement because I have a friend that really needed to transfer two toons and all access just ran out and cannot afford to resub right now. Kronos are uber expensive. Very very very bad timing!!!
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

Had it originally been stated in the FAQ that only members could transfer, I think many like your friend would have planned ahead to arrange to be sure to be members at the time the tokens were to be issued. Not only did they not state it in the original FAQ, but they are issuing the tokens at a critical time of the year when the holidays are fast approaching and everyone must keep a tighter hold on their pocketbooks. If they had been more forthcoming with information about the merge and the transfers, I'm sure many whose pockets are not well-lined would have changed their spending habits in preparation for these transfers.
    Jaden, Rose, Prissetta and 6 others like this.
  13. Tierisch Well-Known Member

I have to agree, the server merges were completely out of our control. As such I don't believe the, graciously offered, free server transers should be limited to All Access members. I personally have one AA account and one F2P account. Just so happens the one toon I need/want to transfer is on the F2P account :eek:.
    Dendrelis, Rose, Tsurara and 3 others like this.
  14. Flatline Well-Known Member

Because its a nasty subject to answer, and notice how other questions DO get answers? i guess if we ignore things they will go away.
  15. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

There's a reason why my other accounts don't have recurring subs. It's completely and entirely due to server population, which was beyond my control. Thankfully, with a little hard earned cash, I was able to move my characters to a higher populated server, leaving behind the rest of my accounts. 2500SC doesn't sound like a lot, but when you have more than six accounts, it tends to add up.

Now, free tokens are available - for those servers that got merged (due to population) and you want me to shell out a subscription / krono for each account in order to move them to the server I *already* moved to since the old one died? Come on. I liken this to a slap in the face, wanting your player base to pay to move their characters to another server when you *just* completed server merges to compensate for the lack of players.

In light of everything in the past**, I offer that:
    1. Membership requirements should not have to be met for this 1 time server transfer
    2. The expiration of the token should be extended to two weeks

If not, this just means I won't have to shell out the additional 32.00, plus 15.00 to bring my other accounts up to date and have them transferred Free*. Thanks for removing the incentive completely.

I understand you have to earn a profit, but I seriously think the direction its going is entirely the wrong way. I keep hearing Rick Astley playing in the background.

*additional purchases may be required, see your local retailer for details
    **FTP members waiting in queues to log into new servers, constant downtimes, low player base etc et al
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Tsurara like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, I am an All Access member, who just happens to have Silver accounts as well (same billing address for the credit card, same name on the accounts, etc.). Can I use this to transfer some of my Silver toons on Maj'Dul over to Skyfire, within that Silver account? :-/

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, but even if you signed up the $15 now, you wouldn't have the 30 day requirement for the transfers by the time the deadline expired, unless they extended it. :-/

Uwk
    who was seriously considering that for his Silvers...
    Dendrelis, Eradani and Xillean like this.
  18. Xillean Well-Known Member

• Your account must be at least 30 days old

It says account must be 30 days old, so I took that to mean its age not how long its been subbed.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! That'd be nice; I created all those Silver accounts just before the Powers discontinued the idea (bummer! It was one of their better ones!), which was quite awhile back. But unless it's expressly stated somewhere (and I could be blind, heaven knows), we can't know for sure.

I'd love to be able to pop $30 in right now (it's for two Silver accounts) to get the tokens! :)

Uwk
    Rose likes this.
  20. Malachy Well-Known Member

Awesome news. Some people will complain no matter what.
    • F2P, silver? Gratz, you're now on a more populated server. Sorry that food stamp card won't work here. You get more in this game F2P than any other in this genre, be grateful.
    • AB? Worried about low population? Wait until the last day or two and if it's too vacant for you, move.
    • Maj'Dul? Oh noes your population is a whopping 2-5% heavier than Halls of Fate! Too heavy? Go to Skyfire or AB.
    • Can't move your guild hall? GHs were probably the worst add on in the game. Let it go, the 'amenities' are so profoundly overrated I'm literally LOL. Traveling is a joke now using the /house command & ratings tab to visit published ones with portal objects and just about everything else in GHs are right by the world bell in a city. GHs are just a huge waste of space and time.
    Celebrate, we're closer together now! :)