Free Transfers for Merged Servers starts Thurs, Dec 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Flatline Well-Known Member

Yeah however!!! where will we be able to move TO ? and how will we be able to move FROM ? you REALLY think this is a matter of moving inbetween EU servers?
    Due to the SPLIT of mergers, we are now not able to move our toons to a euro server, nor will we be able to move our EU based toons TO one of the new US servers by the same logic. So .. Left in the dust, the wayside, totally alienated again.

Basically all US based servers (Servers are based in the US, not necesarrily the players!) are being allowed free moves between them, the EU BASED servers are left alone HOWEVER why cant we be allowed to move TO splitpaw//storms/valor? notice im not talking about moveing OFF!
    Vuurvink likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes that's what I figured out too it should be possible to move anywhere in the eq2 world
    But I think the problem was to many people were wining about wanting their token now , if not last month
    so Daybreak gave in before the Euro merge. I feel for you guys

I grew up in Germany when the wall was still up , and this very much reminds me like there is a wall here
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Deezy New Member

I would echo what a lot of posters are saying about not being able to transfer to Euro servers. When I started playing (on Toxxulia) we had a few Euro time guilds, some even raided! As we've been merged and merged the population has died. I was hoping that the new merges into Halls of Fate would mean we had a Euro raid guild or 2 again, but it seems not.

I can't see any reason why you won't allow players to choose Splitpaw as part of the free transfer, it would be a wonderful gesture of goodwill to us who continue to support the game from over the Atlantic.
    Vuurvink and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Eradani Well-Known Member

you could always play frostfell on test - there's usually not too much lag and it starts early :)
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o by the way Siren " did you find the calendar "?:)

Frostfell starts on the test server on Thanksgiving
  6. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

I too am worried about the requirement for All Access in order to transfer. Both of my kids accounts are F2P and I would like to move their non-AB toons to AB so we can play together again as I am no longer playing on Skyfire(Freeport).
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

I've read the announcement trying to find where people are getting the "all access" idea. I see nothing but that "players" can transfer. Have I missed something somewhere or are people just making up requirements?
    Rose and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Before they had announced the date, etc, some folks had been discussing....and wondered if when it came out, would they waive the 30 day Active Account Requirement that is normally on a Transfer Token. I'd asked for clarification earlier this AM, I think it carried forward from that.
  9. Balla New Member

So, how hard it is to let europlayers transfer their toon from US servers as well? Yeah we are looking, you said, during the release of ToT. And not even a comment about what your looking into matter produced?
    Vuurvink and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Terrius Well-Known Member

Yes this is very concerning to me, as the free transfers are completely pointless if we can only transfer half of our accounts around, even though all of our characters will be receiving the tokens... "

Seems to me if this restriction is kept in place that the token expiration will need to be extended. Between my two accounts I have 22 characters that need to move, and while potentially do-able, it will be very tricky to get 12 characters transferred in 6.5 days...
  11. Blackdog Member

this whole thread made my head hurt
  12. Gramma Active Member

I would like to transfer my Stormhold toon to Maj'Dul, but the token isn't available on the marketplace there.
  13. Xper Well-Known Member

looking to trade lvl101 guild on AB for lvl100ish guild on diff server.
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

I'd think about moving to AB, hehe, if it were not for the guild not transferring. I've worked too hard to get it to it's current level of 64 to consider giving it up now. :D
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

You can always save the layout before you move and create a new guild, using the saved file to load the hall with the items you bring over or replace. The guild I raid with left EF server this past summer and the 18 or so of us that moved over, it didn't take long at all to get the guild to 70 (I am thinking under 3 weeks).
    I can see the angst if you are the only one maintaining a guild, it would be a huge time-sink restart if it was just you.
  16. ShyMidnight Active Member

I've got two free weeks of membership as a wecome back promotion. When Sony dropped out of the picture, I was concerned that things might be falling apart, and yet if Daybreak is putting out expansions, it's probably doing okay. With that in mind, I'm considering signing up for the all access annual subscription.

I was surprised to read that Antonia Bayle has population problems. Is there going to be an Antonia Bayle exodus to the newly merged servers?

Let's hope that an admin comes in soon to answer player questions about the transfers. I'm curious if I'd be able to move a couple of characters to one of the new servers, since I won't have been subbed for the prerequisite minimum of 30 days.

It would be nice to let the international players move to any server they like. Also, it seems that some players would benefit from being able to move between time locked servers.
  17. Anunnaki Active Member

Thank god I can finally move my Necro off the barren wasteland that used to be AB.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  18. ShyMidnight Active Member

Sounds dire. All my characters are on Antonia Bayle. Since I've just come back last night and am just sorting some inventory, seriously - How bad is it? Will the players who've gone off to the time locked servers come back to AB after a while?
  19. Anunnaki Active Member

TBH, I'm not sure as of late, I stopped logging into AB because it was so dead, especially now that I'm on Skyfire and it is quite lively in comparison.
  20. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Something that is nagging at my brain that stands out with the thread's topic:
    Free Transfers for Merged Servers starts Thurs, Dec 3
    AB was not a merged server. It doesn't say US Servers, it says MERGED. It was reiterated that the merged servers would have AB as an option to move TO the server, but I still cannot find clarification that AB will be allowed to move OFF.
    Jaden likes this.