Free Transfers for Merged Servers starts Thurs, Dec 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Flatline Well-Known Member

Well thanks for nothing, once again the European part of the community is left with no choice, no options, nothing.

After numerous posts - which where ALL hijacked and turned into "oh please stay or come to AB" might i add, how sad are they? - , twitter harrasment, forum PMs - which mostly was left with "sound of silence" this is what we get?

It is amazing that once again The europeans who played ON those previous servers can not even be thrown a bone and be allowed to move to a european server.

Give it a month and the european servers will be merged into one server located .. in the US .. taking bets?
  2. Flatline Well-Known Member

or put simply

[IMG]
    Ceyllynn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. ruthless619 Member

So basically the only server left from Launch is about to get decimated? You should NOT give free server transfers off of AB, just because MajDul is the new hotness means your going to decimate AB in the process? I can understand the other 3 servers because populations were forced together hence the free move but AB wasn't merged and left alone because of its until now "steady" population.

We already are losing people because of this and now you want to decimate it further?
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hmm I got 4 accounts this looks like a way I can cut down on expenses by consolidating 2 of my accounts
    I had no idea this could be done.
    I am planning to send some of my toons onto AB and don't fret if AB gets empty we will just end up together with
    the server that has the second lowest population I think that's Skyfire
    besides that we will lose the name :( at least it wont be so lonely
  5. Spratimus New Member

I had asked this in other messages and never really received a reply from anyone official. I had two family/friend guilds with one on permafrost and one on freeport. They both had the same name and now are both on Skyfire. They originally were created so that we could play if one of the servers were down but not the other. Neither guild is extremely high (one is upper 40s and the other is upper 30s), but both have guild halls and all crafting equipment. Since we have spent time and experience points establishing these two guilds, I would like to move one of the guilds off of Skyfire intact. Is there any way to do this? Or, since their servers were merged, can the two guilds be merged so that I don't lose the experience points that went into each guild?
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Everybody worried about populations *anywhere* now should please wait until AFTER Frostfell to complain about it. You'll see. Heck, Freeport server used to lag every year during Frostfell *before* all these mergers!

Please don't make what few servers we already have left explode during every major holiday. Downtime sucks, especially during the big fiestas like NotD, Frostfell and Erollisi.

And if Skyfire is supposedly, as Schmetterling just mentioned, now the lowest population server, then we have nothing whatsoever to worry about. As all my mains were previously on Nagafen and Freeport, I can tell you first-hand that there are always more than enough people milling about even weekday mornings on Skyfire (let alone nights and weekends) that we are sure to be completely overrun with lag come this December 10th. :p You can barely get a word in edgewise over Skyfire's General chat now!
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you are, but I think the answer to your questions is "No" and "No." Guilds never move servers, ever, and they aren't going to give you the combined benefits of a higher-level guild by smashing together two lower-level guilds. There is an ever-increasing experience curve in guild leveling, just as there is in character leveling. A level 30 + a level 40 guild do not a level 70 guild make. ;)

We kept both our guilds, and still maintain both guild halls. We have one decorated for the holidays, with the Frostfell crafting stations in it and holiday storage in its guild bank, etc., and keep the other one as our general-purpose guild hall. We renamed the slightly smaller guild by putting the two words together without a space, and were still able to use capital letters.
  8. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I have a LOT of characters on my accounts. How many characters a day per account can I use these transfer tokens for? If there is a limit to account character transfers per day, then these tokens should have a longer window of time to use!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

The not being able to move guild halls prevents me from transferring to AB.
  10. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Thanks for answering.

There is another concern I've heard several ask:
    • Will the normal requirement of having an Active Station Account for more than 30 days be waived, when using the Free Transfer token?
  11. Jaden Well-Known Member

-----------------------------

Noooooooo Siren, am soooo looking forward to FF this year as have just returned from paths taken elsewhere way back in 2007ish. Don't say the Lag Mob is going to take over and make a hassle of it!

*Pouts and tries to decide if I need to make a decision to move or ...just stay put. o-0
  12. Ahlana Active Member

Yeah I am really torn on this issue. On one hand I want to play with some friends that moved off our server awhile back. On the other hand I do not want to lose the guild we all worked so hard on.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I doubt that; I think before that happens, they'll all merge into Splitpaw, or whoever has the most population in Europe. On the other hand, I haven't heard a lot of the non US-based folks--ah, muttering--about there being too low populations ("Waahhh! No one will play with me!1! It's because this server sux and it's gotta be merged right now!!1!!!" "You sure it's the server...?"). ;->

I think the free merge tokens are a bone thrown to those folks who weren't happy about being merged, and if they want to transfer to AB. I may be wrong... /shrug

But yeah, it would be nice if they let the EU folks move back home if they wish. :-/

Uwk
    Vuurvink likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, basically I guess that's my question, too. ;->

I have a regular Gold account, and a few Silver accounts. If the Powers are worried about me being a good, bill-paying citizen, I should think having a Gold account as well should qualify one for this. Heck, I think They should let folks that ONLY have Silver accounts in on this, too; it might inspire such to actually get a paying account! If They want to make money in the long run, They should encourage such behavior. ;->

Uwk
  15. Kittybock Well-Known Member

We were chatting about this with some friends that have toons on both servers. It looked like they are saying everyone, but just wanted to make sure. Like you, some have Gold accts and silver.
  16. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Yeah I am now concerned about this as well since you brought it up Kittybock, thank you for that! lol I have two other Silver accounts besides the All Access one I am playing on now, one of which I would also like to transfer. I can't pay for more than one account at a time.

I hope they let Silver accounts transfer too.

EDIT: Doh! Now my concern is also for the All Access account. If 30 days is required I will be fine, I just returned to the game on Nov 3, so my 30 days will be up on Dec 3 just in time, but if 60 days is required then I guess I am SOL and stuck where I am after all. :(
    Rose and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Zythus Active Member

1) if you want to keep that stuff on the toon(s) you are moving yes.
    2) yes
    3)no
    4)no
    5)no again - it will be fine
    6)no
  18. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I want to transfer a few toons to Splitpaw from Skyfire. But reading the initial post it does not look like this is possible. But I will try it anyway and see what does or does not happen;)
    Vuurvink and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Kelvani Well-Known Member

During the server transfer it will tell you the name is already in use and you will have to rename before the move can be completed. I have lost 2 names so far in this way using the paid moving transfer token. One to a currently played toon, so I do not mind the loss. One to a toon that does not appear on EQ2wire, and is likely unplayed at all. I am crossing my fingers hoping that my remaining toons will not lose their names as well.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know but I seam to remember somewhere in a cobweb overgrown part of my little brain , that the European servers will too get their consolidation as soon as Daybreak has figured out the language problem
    most of the European servers have different languages
    I guess everybody would be fine if all servers get merged into one that speaks lets see Finnish ?

Siren all I said is Skyfire is the lowest population after AB

I don't mind if there will be 6 channels for Frostfell , coming from Nagafen I love seeing all this crowds.