Free level 100 Heroic on Test

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Whilhelmina, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Gaptia Active Member

A test server is not a private server. It's a server that can be reset if need, and allow COPY toons from real server to tests new features/bux fix.
    I will never play on it like a live server. It's a no sense to privatize such a server like it is for years, and there is no test in this game parts because of that.
    Zynt likes this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

You sound confused, or maybe just wrong.
    You don't copy toons to test that's a beta server, test has its own community and with the exception of a few nasty bugs that pop up here and there it has never been wiped.
  3. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

They aren't confused. The only way for Test to be able to actually test all content is to allow /testcopy. It's the way it's always been done in EQ1 and Test had maybe 2 wipes ever and hasn't had one in almost 20 years. They have a community as well, I'm part of it, I can actually test things there. I would gladly test in EQ2 if I were able to test copy. How exactly are raids and heroics supposed to get tested on Test if the community can't test them?
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sigh , that's why they also made the Beta server so just for the purpose of testing one thing they let people make copies
    I have played other games where the test server was packet with people so there was no need for beta .
    But Sony went a different way .
    This is not a private server everybody is welcome here , I wished we had more people .
    I do understand that people don't want to start all over on a low population server.
    We bunch together when we have to test something big , like we did get those dragon statues up ( with a little help )
    We don't usually test big things , we test the workings of festivals and little quests .
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Don't know how Eq1 did it but it hasn't been done that way here..well except for a time that the devs got busted moving a whole guild from test...or something like that..anyways that's another story.
    With the requirements being as high as they are for raids, having a full raidforce that can actually make any kind of difference will not be possible..so there will be no accurate testing for raids..period.
    As far as allowing copies, well they did that during beta and look what we got, so I am quite confident they are just showboating at this point.
    I am going to be quite honest, I don't see the devs in any kind of favorable light anymore and I see Holly as nothing more that a figurehead that has painted herself and the company into a corner, and until they turn stuff around and start actually working with the folks playing their game they are going to fail again and again until they have no players to support them.
    I really get the feeling its not far off maybe 3 more years. I don't like it, but that's just the way it is.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

and if the "free level 100" could be bumped to 110 or 120 with a bookworm back and a plat grant from buffer it would be way better.

Back in the day, we had Test and Test_copy open at the same time. One for random bugs affecting progression and one for right-now-new-content testing. And I never understood why they scraped test_copy as both servers were useful. (and I did copy from Test to Test_copy then).

We could have some temporary dev-handled copies, or chars made on the server and dev-boosted to check stuff out. I advocated against copies from live for years but that was back when we had Test_copy. And we need to have high-end players to be able to test stuff before it goes live (like the conjuror changes last year that were missed because it was my week off and I'm the only 120-then-110 full-time conjuror on the server as far as I know)
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

wow , I just received a level 110 boost bauble on my character when I logged on .
    On this other toon I got both level 110 adventuring and crafting boost :D.
    like always we are been listened to :) .
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes, those below 110 are getting boost baubles, it seems.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think it's to encourage people to join the test server , if they don't have to level up from scratch after Filtch ran out of merchandise .
    I will still keep some low level toons around to test stuff for the low levels on live.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's "low level"? Woo-hoo! :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Dud I have lever 20's and 40's I will level those as I go rather than taking the express elevator.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have quite a few that are like half and half; some got kicked up to 100 in crafting by Finch's Tokens (all of my original nine, 'cause you also get maxxed at Tinkering as well, which is just about the only way you can at any reasonable amount of time), others I'd created at 100 and got the adventuring Tokens to "unlock" them (but those are rare, like only three out of my 20 on Test).

I'll probably just use my freebies to kick the rest of my toons up to 100 or 110 or 120 or whatever in crafting and leave the adventurers alone. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

did you say tinkering I will so use that token on at least one of my toons and wile I am at it get that pack pony
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hang on before you do that... :-/

I've been Testing these new Tokens, and they don't quite work the same way as Finch's. :(

EDIT: Okay. I had one toon where I'd made the mistake of earning her way to level 100 in crafting, only to find that with this new Token, all it did was increase her max. possible Tinkering, and did NOTHING for her actual level in it. It's still way down there in the low 100s. :(

Anyone who I cranked up to level 100 with Finch's Tokens had their max. increased, but stayed at their nice, comfy, maxxed out level 500 Tinkering (and Adorning, and, and, and, but who cares about the other stuff ;->). It didn't increase their Tinkering to the new max. at all. :-/

Another toon that I had NOT Finched up to level 100 (she had still been in her 30s or so), I used the new level 110 Token on, and it only maxxed out her primary crafting, which is.....Artificing. That was all. Since I didn't have Adorning or Tinkering yet, it did nothing for her at all in that. Cranked up her Experimentation (which I never use) to 550, but... /shrug

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok will have to begin tinkering , or use a toon I already got it on to test this new bauble .
    it will be at least helpful to get the pack pony to get the festival stuff.
    And we can ask for a better bauble , that also gives us tinkering and adorning.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I'd prefer a return to Finch having the level 110 Tokens, or at least these being more useful, like his had been. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.