Fragment of *****

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Anastaise, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Akina_Storms Active Member

i thought you were talking about the skills involved to hit...
  2. Kaladz Active Member

What is the reasoning for not allowing essences to be used on mythical items such as "Severed Limb of Portia Rumuffin" from the Rum Cellar? Can we modify this to allow them to be used on these items?
  3. Meirril Well-Known Member

Weapons that already do elemental damage can't use the essences to change damage types. I could speculate on why dev made that decision, but it would be rather pointless speculation. It is apparent that this decision was intentionally. Possibly to prevent people from altering the same weapon as the raid scene changes.

It isn't apparent if this is a limitation on mythical drops specifically or not. All the mythical drops have had elemental damage types since before the introduction of the elemental fragments and the associated recipes.
  4. Kaladz Active Member

The "Severed Limb of Portia Rumuffin" weapon specifically is a crushing damage weapon and is not elemental damage, so this wouldn't apply in that case. It would be nice if we could change the crushing damage of this weapon to another damage type like what can be done with most other weapons.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Dev's have said RC weapons can't be changed due to the work involved in creating these weapons multiple times for damage changes. They are looking at a different way forward with how these work in future that doesn't mean making every weapon 8x.
    Neiloch, Feldon and Rotherian like this.
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

They should have thought of that before adding the fragments in the first place.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Or perhaps they didn't expect to lose devs...

They trialed the idea, it was a good one, but badly executed. They will go away and try again.

What do you want them to do, play it safe and only ever make things easy?
    Feldon likes this.
  8. Neiloch Well-Known Member

You really nailed them despite having complete hindsight of the situation, thanks for the monday morning design advice.
  9. Kaladz Active Member

Ahh. That reasoning seems to make more sense.
  10. Aradan New Member

Ok, here's a question that I don't believe has been asked anywhere in this thread (or anywhere else I can find)...

There are Fragments of Divine, Void, and Mind which all are Arcane based. Is there any evidence that supports any one of those is better than the others for Troubadours? On Unrest, Divine is ~170p, while Void is ~420p and Mind is ~1400p. Why would anyone who is purchasing one from a broker ever purchase anything other than Divine unless Void and/or Mind provide better effectiveness? Thanks in advance!
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Which 'flavor' of arcane doesn't matter for your arcane debuffs.
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Its likely the price difference is from them thinking one is more rare than the others, even though ultimately they will have the same impact.
  13. Meirril Well-Known Member

More likely its that people don't realize that the resistance types were simplified and they believe that they need the one that matches their classes damage type.
  14. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Someone buying it might think that but I would guess most people selling are just placing the item on the broker, searching then matching/undercutting already established prices or just charging a lot if no others exist.

Then again I have seen several scouts use the 'poison' ones because they do 'poisony' things.
  15. Meirril Well-Known Member

Believe it or not the higher priced fragments sell even with lower priced fragments around that hit the same resistance. I've sold a few like that.
  16. Akina_Storms Active Member

you forgot the hype factor...
    an assassin with poisonous weapons is a real bad guy...
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

I still say the fragments that are used to make the ammo should be able to be put in the harvest depot it should nto take up inventory, bank, or house vault space it is a crafting material not something made
    suka, Ruckus, Mermut and 1 other person like this.
  18. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I'm going to assume that these are not going to work on the ToT-based weapons, just like they didn't work on the RC weapons, and they'll only work on AoM.

I REALLY liked the idea of how this played out in AoM, because it did encourage crafting. Pity they couldn't be put on myth and eth weapons...and RC-based weapons.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

correction- i have all the recipes and not sure where i got them but i have 3 fragments- elemental, frost and venom. i will have to pay more attention to where i get them.
  20. Awkk Well-Known Member

These are a very rare drop from your apprentice researcher.
    Alenna likes this.