Fragment of Planar Energy, drop rate?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Gnomad_Madgon, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

I have a question regarding these fragments. I completed my epic 2.0 early on in February. I run the Advance solo, solo missions often, public quests occasional(few times per week), heroic missions occasional(few times per week), raid missions each week. In two months time I have received one greater fragment from a PQ.... I am not motivated to log in and run these missions for an extremely slim chance at the item I am after. It is no fun when you know you probably wont see the only item your playing for.

When the ethereal event was implemented last year, I was ecstatic! Finally the developers implemented a reward based system to go along with the normal RNG system. They get it! This is what players have wanted for years!

We amass an excess of currency running through missions. Add these essential items to a merchant. I want to have fun when I play a video game, farming with a slim to none chance at developing my character is no fun...

Audolf ~ Maj'dul
    Mermut and Azeren like this.
  2. semisus Does not play this game

They are quite rare and from what you say, then you are having bad luck
    I got all mine in like 2 weeks but i play alot , did tons of heroics at the time , every pq i could and did my daily solos everyday
    Now im just annoyed that i still get a fragment sometimes with no use for it at all , wish i could give it to someone to make that person happy , i might even join pq again since i might get a fragment that a friend could use.
    Gnomad_Madgon likes this.
  3. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Think i am about to hit the achievement "publicity stunt" for 500 PQ's. I gave up a long time ago on getting Greater planar fragments... Pay to Win.. for the win!
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  4. Xerikton Active Member

doing one or two pqs every other day will take you forever to get them.

got both spells to ancient and have enough for another to ancient too. you just have to do the pqs and daily ka instance quests. got about 8 lesser just from adv solos alone.

please make them heirloom or have something we can buy with them.:D
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

After a lot of mains got the spells, daybreak should change them to heirloom.

btw: I go almost every fragment from PQs in Kylong, but they are random and after i got all fragments.. why to join any PQ now? And what to to with any fresh NOTRADE fragment from quests:mad:
  6. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

From what I have seen
    Lesser fragments not THAT uncommon by my count rate is about 1:30 (AS/Solo quests) - so far I got 3 (lol do not need any thou)
    I have not seen any medium quality fragments
    I have not seen any greater fragments either (about 120+ PQ so far since I got my epic)
  7. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

HEY DEVS, PAY ATTENTION: This, exactly.
    Gnomad_Madgon likes this.
  8. Entropy Well-Known Member

They are relatively rare because we were not supposed to have our stuff all Ancient a week or two after getting the epic completed. That's fine - they've given us several routes to get them. If you want to just roll PQs you can do that.

Some people (myself included) were impatient and spent some DBC to get their spells part of the way up. I found that buying up to Expert and then running PQs for greater frags worked best for my schedule and desires. You can't just run 1-2 PQ a day and expect to have it in a week though.

They do absolutely need to be made Heirloom though. Notrade things generally come from single completion quests. Anything that is repeatable content has historically given Heirloom rewards so you can play that part of the game on whatever alt you choose.
    Beee likes this.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

It's just random.

I got enough fragments to have ancient spells in 2 alt.

On my bruiser i still have 3 greater

But on my illu main i only got 4 lesser and 1 superior. I am really lucky right now on fragments while some haven't seen many. And i got my epic on 2 alts quite late, in march
  10. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

It is understandable that we are not supposed to upgrade to ancient in a short period of time unless we are willing to spend the SC to do so. However the drop rate is still extremely low. I run the Advance solo mission (and the solo while I had the weekly active every day(not sure if the solo mission have a chance to drop them)). It should not take months to upgrade to journeyman and adept, two months into farming and I am still stuck at apprentice. At the very least that drop rate should be much higher. If you are unlucky with the current drop rates these items may literally never drop for you.

Not everyone has a lot of play time and/or the means or desire to spend SC to upgrade these spells.

I will reiterate my original stance on this issue. Farming with a slim to none chance of developing my character is no fun (Games should be fun) Fix this please.

Audolf ~ Maj'Dul
  11. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

I am at well over 0:250 if we are only counting Adv solo missions.
  12. Entropy Well-Known Member

And I have a guildie who got 7 of the Greater fragments from PQs in the first few days after he got his epic. RNG is RNG. Some people are always going to be on the unlucky end of it, and those are the ones who tend to talk about it.

I will note that watching in channels for PQ announcements and jumping in tends to be a relatively low time investment decent way to get shards. If all you do is log in and run AS, you're never going to get your stuff past Adept anyway
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

I just arrived to a PQ, hit twice the mob and then he died. Got a greater fragment.

On my alt of course again.

It's just RNG and that's frustrating for people who don't have game luck on their side.

And it's really not about play time. I only do AS zones and some PQs but only one of each max a day. Can't stand doing 2 of the same. And though i try to do the AS zones, i don't always manage to do much PQs. I don't hunt or wait for them..only go there if one is up when i'm logged in.

Sure repeating helps but it's not as if the chances went up the more u ran zones and PQs.. would be nice though
  14. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello Gamehollics

I was thinking about that case too.
    In our Raidforce a 30player community we are joking about that in a sarcastic way an say DB must have patshed them out
    :p:confused:

I Do PQ all time i get some free time slot until playing Ever Grind 2 day by day.:eek:
    I Compleet raid Weeklys with my tow Raid Chars :oops::confused:
    I keep running Event Heroics and Experts or other Heroic Dungens with 6 toons everyday and compleeted many Weeklys and Dailys and i dont saw one Planar Energy Fragment all the time since 3 weeks ago.:confused::confused:

Its ok that we cant progress fast to the highest level, but it seems the droprate is near than zero.
    It must be possible in a normal period of time to upgrade the spells without spending hundrets of Euros for it.

And DB stop doing the same fail again that you did with this addon, EQ2 was and is a multi Toon MMORPG so make it possible to play lets say 3 toons on same level by not spending 12hours in EQ2 everyday.

Playing only one Class or toon especialy you are Raider could going to be boring and many of us own mor than 3 or 6 most played toons.
    Its like you get the same meal day by day and every week.
    Every toon i invented since i am playing EQ2 is Unic at his / her Styling / Class / Behavior etc.
    For the outsiders ( people who are not playing MMORPG`S ) i keep explaining the Game as a big Dollhouse in the way to invent new styings / hairstyls / or at least to make a decision about the point to make a male or female toon.:)

The thing why many players are playing more than 1 toon is easy, many of us play EQ2 because of its community playing character especialy group playing for Heroic and Raid dungens.
    So we keep us more options to build groups if haveing more playable toons.

Playable toon is when

Haveing:
    EPIC 2.0
    338 Resolve Solo for Experts or 390 Solo min for Raid t1 and more for t2 t3 etc.
    Potency like 20k up to 45 wich is quiet possible with all BIS gear and many Deity points
    All Spells on min Master level or better.

I own 18 Chars and 6 of them got these conditions, but i coast me month of gaming time and i played evergrind in BGs Heroics and doing very old stuff from old content for hours to get the gear and the requierments for the EPIC 2 which is needed to reach these conditions.

For some one who is playing ever quest as a game not as a 2nd job this is impossible and its unlikey a hard journey to get only 1 toon ready.
    Beside for me its just a contest to see how many toons ill could get ready but for the most players its a tourture because of less time to play.

So DB time is a very tresures good in these times and it would be very nice of we wont waste so much of it in the future to get ready for only gaming and have fun with friends at the game.

Helfiren
  15. Grus Member

Old thread.. But anyone know if the fragments will drop in the new xpack, or will it force us to run old content?
    Having returned after summer, I have now almost daily been running the solos, event heroic/heroic and multiple pqs over the past 8 weeks or so across two toons, and I have managed to obtain 2 greater and 1 lesser fragments. At this rate I guess I will have to rely on the researcher to finish them off (and no I wont pay for em) :(
  16. Earar Well-Known Member

just farm PQs for fragments.

If need help, get items with enraging flammes on them (there are 2 crafting earrings, and 2 other jewelery from loot in thalumbra I think)
    it will help you solo them
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

get them everywhere in PoP... PQ, Raid WQ, ... I do not know what to do with them
  18. semisus Does not play this game

i already had 25+ greaters and a bunch of superiors in bank! now i get even more i have no use for!
    atleast make em useable in something else
    I know it would be nice for alts! but i dont play alts.