[Forum Wish]Sub-Categories

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Truian, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Truian Member

The decorating community has one of the most active forums in EQ2 imo and I applaud that.

I would however, really like to see sub-categories in the Norrathian Homeshow along the lines of the following:

Norrathian Homeshow
    1. Tools, Tips & Tricks
    2. Wish Lists
    3. Consolidated Lists
    4. Gallery
    5. General
    The reason that I ask (and I realize that above list may be too big), I am often wanting to find a specific topic in these forums and often it is pushed down because someone updates a wish list, or adds to their consolidated list of works, or has a question about the layout editor.

I would like it to be easier to find a specific designers works to admire and imitate (the sincerest form of flattery!) or just admire the work of someone posting their new house or toss my 2cp on a wish list.

I realize that these forums have better search functionality, but I am still having to go through a longer list as the decorating community is very active. I also realize that threads can be pinned but honestly, there are a lot of threads that should/could be pinned. :)

Does anyone else think sub-categories of some kind would work?
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

I'm in 100% agreement. Looking for specific info that has already been posted is next to impossible in the drowning pool of forum posts.
    Sub catagories are needed for ALL class forums and others as well.
  3. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

At most, I could see Homeshow with 3 subforums.

1. Tools, Tips, and Tricks
    2. Wish Lists
    3. Homeshow
    Consolidated lists of homes really do simply belong in the Homeshow list. There aren't enough people with enough houses to have it be its own subforum. Maybe one day as the decorating community grows, but not now.
    If we can ever get some more stickies on this forum, that will take care of some of the problems of finding important posts. We have The Decorator's Resource linking to a lot of the important threads. If we ever get editing past 35 minutes and that stickied, that should help! Although I agree that Wish Lists at the very least should be in their own subforum. There are so many, and we're such a wishful community that they sometimes drown out everything else.
    As far as finding a specific designer's work that you admire and would like to imitate--the new forums allow you to "follow" people. It's a simple matter to "follow" the designers you like. Then you can easily visit their profile, and from there, look at their post list to find the posts you're interested in.
  4. Afista Well-Known Member

With the new forums, they got rid of a ton of sub-forums in an attempt to streamline them more. I don't know if they thought it was easier for moderating or what the reasoning behind it is... but I highly coubt we'll get homeshow broken down anything more than this. With that said, it still doesn't hurt to ask :D

I can see it getting broken into this. Maybe making 2." Wish Lists and Ideas" instead for additional ideas to be posted there too. As Jaz said, we are a wishful community lol And yes, posts tend to get buried easily : /