[Forum Support] What happened to my attachments?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Senya, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Senya Well-Known Member

I normally use Photobucket to upload screenshots to, but I noticed that nifty little "Upload a File" button here on the forums. I decided to try it for two of my screenshots that I hadn't uploaded to Photobucket yet. The screenshots worked fine at first, but today my images are gone and a placeholder box appears in my thread instead. When I try to reload nothing happens. When I choose to view the image or navigate to the image location I get this message:

Since you can't edit your post after 35 minutes I can't just upload to Photobucket and then plug in the new links instead. I can make a new reply and add new links, but I just wondered what happened to the attachments.
  2. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Hm, not sure why it's getting that error. Try using a browser to see if you get the same error. I'd also make sure the file you are trying to upload is properly named as a picture file. Please keep us updated!
  3. Senya Well-Known Member

4. Pijotre Well-Known Member

hmm eq2_000016-jpg.8 and coffee-jpg.9 is very odd shouldn't it rather be eq2_000016.jpg and coffee.jpg? This points at an error like the one AlexS mentioned, however if it worked before I'd wager a guess that the change in file type was produced by a database problem in your systems.
  5. Senya Well-Known Member

It's not -jpg.8 when I upload. It's just a .jpg file. The link gets changed after it's uploaded to what I assume is supposed to be the location of the image file after it's been uploaded. It worked fine yesterday. Well, at least it was displaying the correct images in the thread for me. I never thought to ask anyone else if any of the images were missing. It's easy enough to reply to my thread and post new links, but I just wondered why the upload a file feature doesn't seem to be working.
  6. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I can see the images fine when I click on the links. Perhaps something was corrected since then. I'm using Firefox 16.0.2 by the way.
  7. starbuck Member

works for me on chrome.