Forum responsiveness

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-kellyrey, Jul 17, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-kellyrey Guest

I frequently have issues viewing the forum where the server will take over a minute to respond to queries after connecting right away / ping to server IP find, resulting in browsers failing to show anything / giving up. This has been going on for months for me from various sytems / ISPs / locations wether or not I'm signed in, yet I see no mention of this by anyone.
    I can't be the only person this happens to, right?
  2. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

Yeah, it happens to me too.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

This seems to help. When I visit the forum, do a force refresh of the browser. I think what's happening is that the cookie's information isn't matching what's in the browser's cache or something and it gets confused. Just now, I visited without a refresh, logged in, then it started acting like molasses. I did a force-refresh and it logged me back out. I clicked login again and it automagically signed me back in and now the forum is responsive again. So.. it's something to do with the browser cache, cookie information, and/or session variables not being in sync or something.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lamatu Guest

This happens many times when I visit. I have to click refesh after about 10 seconds and that usaually works although sometimes the forums are unresponsive for a few minutes a night.
    I use firefox but this has happend in IE also. Since the security improvements these forums have been wonky and slow.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

Yeah.. this forum's pissin' me off LOL. Can't make up it's mind if I'm logged in or not at time. Slow as all get out.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

This issue has been posted about dozens of times.
    Nothing has been done.
    Not even a post by the forum person responsible saying they are working on it.
    It is probably not a priority and will not be fixed anytime soon.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tallisman Guest

These forums are like a tango... slow, slow, quick, quick, slow. With the emphasis on slow. I'd probably post more but I can't waste my life waiting for the pages to load. This post took thirty minutes to make.
  8. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

Yeah. I don't know. At the moment it's behaving well. Maybe at 4:00am or whenever I was on last some backup task was running, bad packet-loss on the interwebs, or it was being hammered by bots.