Forum Feedback (Official!)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chikkin, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Cearra New Member

I noticed that as well. It would be great to either have avatars for every race and gender combination, or to be able to upload our own. Having said that, I am hopeful that this is something that is in the works.
  2. Salty21db Active Member

Do you have eye issues? I have no issue reading the font.
    Maxxen likes this.
  3. Atan Well-Known Member

You have to host your signature pic somewhere else and you can insert a link to it in your signature.

It does not appear you have the ability to link or upload your own avatar, you can only select from the predefined ones at this time.
  4. Cinnamon Active Member

I meant my own pics
  5. Mae- Well-Known Member

I'm here!!! Not sure I like the lighter color, I always preferred light text on dark background, but its pretty and it doesn't take me 15 minutes to load a thread. Thumbs up!
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

It is less the size of the font, than it is the parchment effect its placed on top of causing alot of 'noise' for the eye.
    Ridolain likes this.
  7. Kokorobosoi Active Member

Its the background that isnt doing it for me... giving me a headache.
    Ridolain likes this.
  8. Geothe Active Member

Geez these forums are ANNOYING. Anyway we can set things so that the actual messages go the full width of the screen and we dont have that annoying background/side art?
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting the text on the parchment is as clear and readable as the text bound in the quoted text?

There are already quite a few posts about the readability of the forums, and I'm pointing out the font is fine if its not placed on top of a graphic with lots of pixelation.
  10. Mae- Well-Known Member

And the predefined ones only have roughly 1/4 of the possible race/gender options. No female halflings =( I r Sad....
  11. Gideon Member

the text is the same size as it was on the old forums were for me.
    they look nice, i had the old forums set as a darker background with light text so the bright white background is going to take a bit to get used to.
    Ridolain likes this.
  12. Salty21db Active Member

Just stating it was readable to me as you stated if it was changed the site would be readable insinuating that it wasn't currently readable lol. Thought maybe you couldn't read it all.
  13. Atan Well-Known Member

Your browser might support zooming. Commonly ctrl-mousewheel will adjust zoom.

If your browser doesn't support zooming, there isn't much you can do.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

Yes, particularly if you read and scroll simultaneously.
  15. Salavar Active Member

The forums have the capability to be re-sized / stretched ot the full width of your screen, it is this way on the EQ1 forums, they just haven't added that functionality here yet, as for fonts I don't know
  16. Geothe Active Member

Yeah, I know zooming would work, but that is a half way measure that shouldn't be needed. Forums should be easily readable/non head-ache inducing from the get go. SoE certainly failed there with these "improved" boards.
  17. Pariel Active Member

Ahh, I like that. I'd like mine a bit wider... other than that.. thats my only critique...

so far :D
  18. Atan Well-Known Member

Nah, on this crusty work laptop, reading and scrolling with the combination of this font and parchment effect is enough to give me a headache, and I'm not the only one reporting this already.

On my home pc / monitor I doubt it will bother me nearly as much.
  19. Kokorobosoi Active Member

Hail all, just checking in until i can get my bearings... god i hate the background. wheres my advil?
  20. Wanic Active Member

What was wrong with the old forum?
    By updating it i thought you meant a new background, some stylish font.
    This is just giving me a headache :|
    Guiscard likes this.