Forum Feedback (Official!)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chikkin, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Gaarysal Active Member

Why do I keep getting alerts even though they are all disabled? I see now there is a checkbox to not watch the thread but you need to click more options to see that.

Also I don't care for the new layout as many others have said before, I miss the plain dark background with light text. The new sepia type parchment is too loud and distracts from the text.
  2. Encori Active Member

I would like additional skins (or the ability to change colors), the ability to remove the big avatar box on the left, a more compact format for one-liners (put the reply button on the right), and you need to restrict the official news posts to no reply from the hoi polloi. The server up message has ongoing commentary from everyone who has any connectivity issues.
  3. Faelynn Active Member

To login to this version of the forums, we authenticate using the SAME account tied to the SAME domain to login to this version of the forums as we used for logging into the old EQ2 forums, EQ2 itself, or any other SOE game. No other reauthentication is needed - it's already linked to the SAME authentication as the original. I'm just flabbergasted that they didn't think to use that to at least preserve our apparent account age.
  4. Rogue4Life New Member

Thank you for the readable text-background combination! Far superior to the migraine-inducing light-on-dark scheme of the old forum, and the unreadable dark names on dark backgrounds.

And thank you for not making it fill my widescreens - I no longer feel like I'm watching a tennis match while reading. :)

I think the avatars are a nice size, and who cares what date anyone joined? I've seen blowhards and trolls come in all account ages, anyway.

Nice job!
    Feara likes this.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

I'll second that Rogue4Life. Thank you for the wonderful updated Forum. I really like it alot. Great job!
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

That is one thing I really don't like about the revamp.
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

So you earn points and trophies on the forums, is there a leader board? =)
  8. Kamoj Well-Known Member

Ok, I know it was said earlier, but we REALLY need no time limit on the edit button - especially for those of us that use the homeshow forums. We like to keep lists of our completed houses and update them as we make new houses - makes it easier for people to find our stuff. Please remove the time limit!
    Pipsissiwa and Salavar like this.
  9. Kwikdeath Active Member

Forums do look great on my i5.

Really though two things, as was just mentioned the edit ability needs to be longer. Should we just start new recruiting threads when we have an update, because no one reads past the original post and that being off somewhat derails the thread.

Additionally there needs to be an items/equip and a zones category, or there will be tons of duplicate posts because people won't want to necro a post off the 3rd page. General just has too much discussion to house everything.
    Rogue4Life likes this.
  10. Kwikdeath Active Member

Just for reference, page 4 of the general forum right now still has posts from yesterday. If I have an item issue I would rather have one consolidated place to look for it rather than reading thru 4-5 pages of whatever is in general. It makes it much more likely ill miss the thread and make a duplicate post.
    Feara, Atan and Rogue4Life like this.
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

Just to note, if you actually read the first 4 pages in general discussion, you will see there are several topics duplicated, some are duped 4x or more.

This could be mitigated by increasing the default number of threads to show per page.
    Feara likes this.
  12. Kahonen Active Member

What would be really nice is if you were to fix the part that was most broken in the old forums.

How about a change to the forums which results in bug reports being acknowledged and (ideally) fixed.
    Pijotre likes this.
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Add back the list of members!
  14. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Please let us have custom avatars! The choice of preset ones is even poorer than the old forums - there isn't even a female ratonga. Makes it so hard to see at a glance who is posting what too.
  15. Lygerr Active Member

widen the page width, too much margin is wasted right now condensing everything and making it tougher to read.

font is too small and thin, also making it more difficult to read.
  16. Taysa Well-Known Member

When clicking on some posts, I am directed to the maintenance page.

And I can't say it enough: EDIT BUTTON PLEASE.
  17. Hetshu New Member

It's bugged in Internet Explorer too. Pretty annoying.
  18. Geothe Active Member

Besides the horrible layout of these new forums, you REALLY need to bring back the Items and Zone/Population sub forums.
    Right now everything game related is just tossed into this catch-all general forum and legit feedback gets buried way to easily. Majority of game feedback is on itemization and zones, so having those separate forums really makes it much easier to report issues / see what has already been reported, not to mention easier on the Dev side of things to actually FIND legit reports.
  19. Dexella Associate Producer

Here are a few answers to some of the questions raised:

1) For now, the 35 minute edit lockout timer is staying. We may consider changing this in the future.

2) Custom avatars will not be an option for the time being. We are planning on adding more avatars, and we are planning on involving the community in the creation of those avatars. More details will be coming next month.

3) We will be getting a stretch skin, but it won't be until December at the earliest.

4) We are developing a forum FAQ that will be stickied on its own, separate from this feedback.

I have gathered and forwarded on the reported bugs. Thank you for including specifics, such as browser/system details.

Some of the other requests and comments, including the possibility for additional skins and adding or dividing up forums/subforums, are being considered. Thank you for providing your continued feedback.
  20. Onorem Active Member

1) Why? What's the purpose here?
    2) Good to know. Still a sad set to launch with when so many were already available on the old forums.
    3) How about a different color scheme if not a stretch. Dark background with light text please.
    4) OK.