Forum Feedback (Official!)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chikkin, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Rosena New Member

I would like to see the option for custom avatars or at least an avatar of each class in a male and female version. As a female player, I do not feel represented through only three female avatars to chose from.

I really like the parchment background, though :)
    Pariel likes this.
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

i'd like to see the guild recruitment forums split into by server categories. moderators could move the existing threads to those new categories since there arent many there now that this forum is new.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Please fix the RSS feed to contain the text of the post, this will save you traffic.
  4. Geothe Active Member

I despise, utterly despise, the layout of these new forums.
    Yes, things load nicely, but its annoying as heck to read. And when 40% browser width is taken up by empty realestate on the sides... that is just horrible design.

Not a fan of the text color/size on the brown/tan background either.
  5. Amdusias New Member

What are you talking about man, this is top notch turn of the century SOE technology. I would like to congradulate the middle school programmer who made this though looks nice for amatuer, keep up the good work..CHEERS!!!
  6. Faelynn Active Member

First thing I noticed, was everyone is now a "new member"? X number of years of paying for a sub, and now I get "New member"? Can't you at least go back and grab our original signup dates from the old forums and copy those over to the new forum accounts? They're both linked to the same station account, so that means you've got the database link to do it -- I hardly think I'm speaking only for myself in saying I'd really appreciate having some semblance of a "veteran" status back :(

Love the snappy responsiveness of the forum so far though (but then again, an empty database ALWAYS helps with that! ;) )

And yes, would love to either have custom avatars and/or a much broader selection of the premade ones. Both genders of all races would certainly be a start for that!
  7. Pakhet Member

I like the fast loading and actually being able to use them. Dislike the color scheme and how small the window is compared to my screen...
  8. Salavar Active Member

AGREED.
  9. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

It's annoying as all heck on several counts such as its social-network-impression, lack of customization (avatars, background color), size on screen etc.

But..........it loads promptly, and that's something I can't say for the old pretty forums. I'll deal with it and hope they improve the layout and customizations.
  10. Slipshod Active Member

Color me pleased. I like everything about this right now. Would just "die" to see the back-end customizations the Forums team gets to play with....
  11. Faelynn Active Member

I just noticed the up arrow at the end of a quote, that acts as a link back to the original quote referenced. Thumbs up on that little feature!
  12. Slipshod Active Member

I have never worked for Sony or any of it's affiliates. I have worked for many of it's competitor's.
  13. Atan Well-Known Member

These forums look good on my home CRT, however on a laptop running on battery settings, the contrast of that background gives me a severe headache. I should take some pictures with my phone to demonstrate just how awful this looks on my laptop vs a CRT.
  14. Slipshod Active Member

I don't use a smart phone (too old to look at tiny little lettering etc.) but I was wondering, how do these forums look on a phone or tablet? Anyone?
  15. butler New Member

The new forums look nice and all, but was Sony not able to migrate all of the old database to these boards? That is a TON of useful information out the door. Yes, I realize there is a link to the "archived" forums, but they won't be a part of the search engine from here.
  16. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

I believe Feldon at EQ2Wire has backed up a lot of the old forums.
  17. amberlia New Member

What am I not seeing? I only see male avatars, am I looking in the wrong area to edit that?

I now see them, we definitely need more options..
  18. Ridolain Active Member

Having such background and text in a book is different than on a monitor due to being LCD or the like coming from a light source. No offense but that is a poor comparison. I can read books for hours on end, but I cannot read off a Kindle or monitor for more than 20 minutes w/o a headache.

IMDB forums I have looked at, though they are plain white, not a cream coloured/parchment background slapped against a black one. I could be the sharp contrast that is causing problems .. I dunno.

As for being patient, we are. They asked for comments and critisizm. And so people are giving it ;)

I for one have noticed there is no "Mark all threads Read" button like before. Hm ...
  19. Lucus Well-Known Member

They cant transfer the data back but it's possible they could set it up to retreive your account age by logging onto the forums, going to account amanagement and selecting an option to retrieve account age (redirects to sony support site where you have to use your game login) then the forums could update your title by just looknig up your account username.
  20. tbankert New Member

How about clearing the float of the page navigation at the bottom of the page correctly. Works fine when you're logged in, but if your not it overlaps the forum navigation at least in FF & Chrome