[Forum] Edit button js error

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Pijotre, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Pijotre Well-Known Member

So first of all the 35 minute edit limit is disgusting.
    Now that I have that off my chest I'm sometimes (not always) getting this error even within the 35 minute time limit when I try to edit a post:

The following error occurred

The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

For example I'm not getting the error on this post as can be seen by my edit time, but I did however get the error just a few minutes ago, same browser session and everything on this post;

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/SEOstinks.706/#post-7142
  2. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

what version and release of javascript are you running - IE 9/10 with Java Verions 7 Update 7 (build 1.70_07-b11) is working fine

As far as the edit time limit was personally surprised that the previous forum would allow editing at any time, most forums lock edit after 15 - 30 minutes to prevent people from going back and changing the context of the post hours or days later
  3. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Well I was running Firefox 17 with build 1.6.0_37 from 19th november (so not really outdated I'd say), however upon seeing your post I checked for your version and updated Java to version 1.7.0_09. I'll report back if I run into the problem again. Thanks though, I didn't think to check for a version manually since it checks for it every 30 days automatically.