Fortessimo cap

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-FrostDragon, Mar 10, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-FrostDragon Guest

With the focus of Sentinal's Fate gear on double attack and crits, I find it fuzzy on what are the hard limits for double attack and wither there will be a demand for BattleCry and CoB. with all the haste gear now and the limits are so low CoB is only good for the proc now. I seem to be wasting my AA with this new stuff. Where is this going with potentcy , crit, double attack gear
  2. ARCHIVED-eqaddictedfool Guest

So far i havnt really reached my DA cap. Lots of good items seem to be low on crit and DA if its high on bonus and potency. But maybe once i get alot better gear like the raid gear. maybe i could free up some aa spots. Now about a wither on cob? Havnt found anyone that will complain about. interrupt, proc,and 60% attack speed increase.
  3. ARCHIVED-mook85az Guest

In a static group, like a typical raiding group, you can equip yourself knowing you're going to get 15DA from the dirge and 10DA from the illy and so on, and work on potency and crit bonus gear instead. So your buffs are still very useful in this regard. For grouping at large, you can't help how others prepare, but I carry a few alternate pieces of jewelery with me I can swap out after everyone is done buffing if my DA or crit gets too high.
  4. ARCHIVED-RedWyvernLvr Guest

Without even trying to do it, I've gotten my DA and Crit chance above cap. So I look for gear that improves both the Crit bonus and Potency. With both in the 30's already, I'm sure with time, I will be able to reach the cap in all four.
    But I also keep items in my bags to raise or lower all four stats, in case I have room due to others buffs. Just remember that while you may be able to manipulate those stats, you will need to keep an eye on your resists, which in the end are more important to success. I find myself forgetting to look there, because the resist stats are no longer on the bottom bar of the profit ui. So be careful :).
  5. ARCHIVED-nipxur Guest

Don't forget that aside from the double attack bonus that Battle Cry gives, there's also a 5% flurry that it grants. Someone maxed on DA will still greatly benefit from having Battle Cry because of the flurry component of the buff.
    edit: red adornments can increase the flurry an additional 3% I believe.
  6. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

We may want to start feeling out our static groups and see how everyone is doing on DA. It may wind up that the STA line becomes useless and we should swap to the INT line for more DPS, improving hit rates, and boosting free damage.
    This would also free up 5 points in the TSO tree to be used elsewhere, say for a small improvment to a CA/Spell or getting all of the Utility bonus AAs in the new SF line on the Dirge Tree.

I think by April/May I will be droping STA for INT.