Forgotten Maj'Dul?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

so I am monitoring the LauncPad/Servers/status, and the website/servers/status, the other servers, as expected are LOCKED, yet, Ma'Dul remains, thirty(30) minutes later, as "Low"?

Does Maj'Dul not need patching? or is there another reason these two different interfaces are showing the discrepancy?
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

IIRC, there's been posts for years about discrepancies in "server status" illustrations. To my knowledge, no one uses that any more to determine server status. They also publish "server is down for maintenance" message at top of forum, but that's inconsistent. Last week, it was up. This week, no.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Apparently they read my earlier post. I see the server down message is now displayed, haha.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  4. Simparri Active Member

According to home page Maj'Dul is still 'open'<grin>.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I was referring to the 'Server Down for patching' message in red on the main forum heading. As I said, few people even bother looking at server status.
  6. Simparri Active Member

I was just pointing out that, as usual, that status board is out of whack<grin>.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Sometimes while they are patching various servers will show an "Up" status, but the Authentication server will still be down, preventing access. They may have a need to load stuff, restart, then load more stuff, restart... downtimes also are used for server OS maintenance etc.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Actually, Maj'Dul was the problem server this morning - part of the reason we had to extend the downtime is because it refused to cooperate with today's patch. Should be all fixed up now though!
    Rosyposy and Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr like this.