Forester's Insight

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-blitz, Nov 24, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

Is this a self only buff or a replacement for pathfinding? If it's self only -- Does it STACK with pathfinding?

If it DOES stack, wouldn't the ranger outdistance the rest of his group, whom he would be providing pathfinding for on long runs? If it doesn't stack -- what's the point? Aside from the Agility up, which is nice. ;)

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about:

27 Forester's Insight Increase agility and movement speed.

There ya'are.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ravi Guest

Just a stab in the dark really...

But I have noticed a pattern of upgrades - 14 levels = upgraded skill

So 14 levels on Forester's Insight is

13 Hunter's Instinct Stalking Increases agility
    I don't know if it will stack with Hunter's Instinct or Pathfinding but I would assume it's a self-buff.
    Message Edited by Ravi on 11-24-2004 09:54 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

Interesting...but Pathfinding is a level..3 skill? So a I don't think we upgrade that (a 14th level upgrade would put it at level 17, and I definitely didn't get Super Pathfinding at any point in 17)..so yeah, looks like Foresters insight is something else altogether.

I noticed just looking through the skill list that Assasins get an upgrade to stealthed movement speed at like, 24(*don't quote me on that*)...I read somewhere that we get one at 38 but I don't see the skill anywhere on the calzweb.coms skill list...do we actually get one at 38, or ever? If not, why not?

Oh, questions leading to more questions, plans within plans...it makes the head spin.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ravi Guest

I don't see a speed increase for stealth other than our initial buff in Hunt

And the upgrade to Hunt doesn't really lead on to an increase in stealth movement, but it sounds cool in it's own respect

31 Huntsman's Trap - Allows stealthed movement, the ability to see hidden enemies, and snares enemies if the ranger is attacked.
  5. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

well fiddlesticks. Apparently Rangers can move quickly through the brush, or move silently through the brush, but not both. I guess I can fit that into my roleplaying persona, but it kind of takes away from "being one with the forest". What can you do? ;)