For the first time, I need more than one adorner?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Semperfifofum, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems I need more than one adorner. If the Glory/Championship/etc.. V runes are no-trade, then I can't give the recipe book to my adorner and have her make it, to swap via the shared bank.

My husband and I tried to work out the details the other day, and it doesn't look like there's a solution except for each of our mains to both be also our adorners. Is there another solution?

Ref: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Rune_of_Glory_(V)_(Recipe_Book)
  2. shayton New Member

The books are tradeable. The runes are not. Give the alt the books and commission is the only way.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  3. Argosunited Well-Known Member

they should make them heirloom. I don't understand why they're not.
    Quillyne, Rosyposy and Semperfifofum like this.
  4. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I took advantage of an illness that gives me insomnia and got my adorning up on my main. I didn't think it would be a problem to have my previous main be the adorner, but I guess it is.

The actual leveling was really miserable. The simple workbench has been slowed so it took much longer than necessary. Can still be done in a day, but I used a bunch of progress potions, and even so, my brain is now on strike. Grinding a second adorner was the lesser of a few evils. I hope I don't have to do it a third time.

I kind of assumed the runes would be heirloom too, because the books were tradeable.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's more or less "the hard way". It's actually easier to just do the daily adorning task, given by Londiar Inygad, who is to be found in each city's tradeskill area:
    Londiar provides all your materials, you will just need coal of the appropriate tier. Note that the adorning writ gives you materials for one more combine than the quest calls for... go ahead and keep on until you are out of materials, and only then turn in to Londiar. It gives you one more skillup. (Londiar also gives transmuting and tinkering writs, I do 'em all at once...)

You can level adorning even from very low-level, grey adorn recipes, which can be much more economical than higher level combines. Before we got Londiar, I used to have my most skilled harvester go and harvest the dickens out of the area around Gorowyn, then used my various crafters to make transmutable Stuff and Expert spells from the rares, then my new adorner could transmute all that and use the materials to craft mindlessly until I was levelled on that toon.

My recommendation, if you go the "mindless grinding" route, is turn on Pandora or Spotify or your stereo etc. and groove to the tunes, or an audiobook, to make the grinding less painful.

I also work on levelling alcohol tolerance while I am grinding crafting... I just have all my bags and tradeskill window open, covering the bad visual effects from the drunkennness.

Oh, and I dunno if the hastened learning potions affect adorning or not...
    Semperfifofum and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*laughs* I never thought of working alcohol tolerance while crafting. Not sure what good it is unless it lessens the effects during Brewday, but you have a great idea there, I cannot stand the wiggly screen effects.
    Semperfifofum, Sigrdrifa and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

The progress potion seemed to make a bit of difference in the luck of the skillups, but not much.

On music... :D way ahead of you... There's a series of 78 Sade songs on youtube. Apparently she doesn't mind if people listen like that (unlike Metallica, which oddly, I also like). Did you know she was knighted? She's an old favorite of mine, a Diva before the word was so overused by starlets. Anything painful,s he can lessen the pain, I think, so I was listening to her while crafting.

I like the idea of leveling alcohol tolerance while crafting. I'm far too hyper to use the daily quest other than whenever I remember. Since I run lots of old zones just for the fun of it (I think I mentioned when the second TLE server started how much I appreciate some of them like Endless Gorge), I have a nice bank of transmuted stuff... it takes about 30 powders to definitely get through to the next level with Distill/Dilute reps. However I had 10 times as much already for nearly every level.
    Rosyposy and Sigrdrifa like this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

I totally do the same thing ... oh ... wait ... you're talking about in game ... never mind. :p