For solo questing...

Discussion in 'General Fighter Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Animosity, Sep 10, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Animosity Guest

Is there any reason to pick something other than SK? I have been playing a while now and getting a feel of the fighter classes but honestly none seem to come close to a SK in terms of questing. My monk can get right to the named and back out but the SKs can just train everything to the named and kill it all as a group. Am I missing something in the later levels since I haven't made it that far? I want to lock and really get to know a class and gain AAs but don't want to do so only to find out I can't take out the named that are required for questlines. (Yes, I know heroics are suppose to be only for group but it seems a lot of classes when geared well have no issue with that fact)

Thanks for some insight.
  2. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

All fighters can solo. The Guardian is the absolute worst, the Crusaders are the best, Berserker is situational but really pretty good. Brawlers are in a different group in that they have different rules due to Feign Death.
    There are a bunch of changes coming in the next month or so that will adjust the landscape a bit for fighetrs but in the end your abolsutly right. There is no reason to play any other fighter than a SK unless you just think Feign Death and flying round house kicks are cool.
    I play a Guardian so I'm not happy about the assement listed above but in the end it's the only truthful answer that can be given.
  3. ARCHIVED-Loendar Guest

You pretty much nailed it. There is little reason not to be an SK in today's game (if you are a fighter class).
  4. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

In the later levels, all fighters can do what your sk is doing in lower levels.
    Play whichever one is fun for you. Being OP for the content your running is fun for most, so I'd recomend Zerker, Sk, or Pal, and pretty much in that order.
  5. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

With enough aa's the sk will be the absolute best soloing fighter. Not only that but once gear is above average the sk will be capable of some amazing feats.
    Years ago I would have stated that the monk was the best soloing fighter but this past two years has really buffed the sk. I would say for just shear killing power the sk is the best.
    Zerkers are ok at the lower levels but a zerker to me doesn't become a power house till the myth weapon is in their possession.
  6. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

Loendar@Unrest wrote:
    Very true...unless they decide to take away one of SK's most important abilities...kinda like what they recently did with Paly's and their crit heals...
  7. ARCHIVED-Animosity Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    I have a younger zerker who I have been trying to get a feel for along with my monk and now have to ask why they would rank above the two crusaders for soloing? I would be thrilled if there is a reason as I have enjoyed the class, but was worried about tackling anything to tough without real heals or lifetaps.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Animosity wrote:
    Honestly a low-mid level zerker will not have adrenaline (lvl 80 defensive buff all incoming damage reduction 50%) and very few will have battle frenzy (aa heal). These abilities are key to a zerker soloing. Vision of madness will help but again that isn't till the 50's.
    Sk's at low, mid, and higher lvls will still perform better than a zerker in a solo situation.
  9. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Animosity wrote:
    For solo questing SK or Zerker once they get Open Wounds.
    Tougher solo'ing though you can do more with a Paladin.
    Contested named solo'ing...Brawler.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Animosity wrote:
    No.