For PoP Beta Folk

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Carynn, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giga Member

Sadly, AAs should be a staple in each xpac imo. One of the things that kept EQ1 (at least for me) interesting was having things to work towards in the AA trees, even if it was just tossing points into a sta, a resistance, or something else. With the exception of ascension stuff, the last few xpacs have been bland with new AA/Spells etc.
  2. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

However that does not answer the question if we will have to upgrade them in order or still be able to skip tiers.
    Malleria likes this.
  3. Malleria Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they're being so cagey around the process of spell/CA upgrades. Are you afraid people won't buy the expac if they don't like the process? I think that ship has sailed, anyone on the fence will wait and see how it turns out before investing.

Just give us a straight answer.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. SocialDisease New Member

yeah that kinda screws the rest of us that are not sure we even want to dump money into this after The KA xpac fail.
    We have alot of questions about the xpac which will ultimately be the determining purchase or not to purchase factor for many of us.
    The whole "Buy it to see whats inside" =bad business.
    Thats just as dumb as signing a contract in blood without reading the contract.
  5. SocialDisease New Member

The fact they didn't cover any of the Mechanical issues very much, and concentrated on trying to sell NotSoGreat Fluff items really has alot of people concerned.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Aliramar Member

I'm afraid the answer is simple and obvious. They don't have anything decent to show us.
    IMO one of the reasons promised ability changes didn't make it to the beta server yet..
    Hope I'm wrong.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  7. SocialDisease New Member

Until i hear they fixed the sorc class's as promised I will not be purchasing Nor Pre-ordering this xpac. To many games coming out in 2018 to worry about it.
  8. Gninja Developer

Upgrading profession spells and abilities will work how they have always worked... This has been said multiple times. I'm not sure how that isn't clear. And I am talking about profession spells/abilities. not ascension spells/abilities.
  9. Tsurupettan Active Member

There is a very lovely button at the top of the eq2 forums marked 'Staff Post Tracker', and I wish people would bother to use it more often. Literally less than a minute of scrolling through it would lead someone to discover that it was already answered twice prior to Gninja's most recent post, in this very thread of all places!
  10. Kioske Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? It has been stated multiple times by the Devs that the upgrades for profession spells and abilities will be changing to the same format as used by the current ascension upgrades. I.e. Apprentice must be upgraded to Journeyman before Adept. (THIS is the issue most people have with the upgrades for ascension spells)

Unless you are saying that it has been reported as having been said multiple times SINCE being stated as above, in the Discord. Would serve the group well to use their official forums to inform their community what is being done in their game, instead of using the Discord that half of the community is banned from...
    Tekka, Mizgamer62, Neiloch and 2 others like this.
  11. Kioske Well-Known Member

According to census reporting, 5 (master) spell scrolls have been discovered in the entire game, after almost an entire year of the ascension spells being put into the game. 1 Geomancer spell, 1 Elementalist, and 3 Etherealist. There are a lot of people who have the belief that these spells are so incredibly rare in game because it costs $20 to upgrade them with real world cash, and most people who really want the spells will spend it, or they will use the "free" 500 DBC they get every month for their sub to research it.

Is this information not bothersome to most people? Nearly a year into an expansion and 39 of the 44 ascension spells in the game haven't even been discovered yet? World wide? Yet how many people in top raid guilds have grandmaster ascension spells, having not even discovered the master version, because they paid real life money to get what was unavailable to them in game?
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

The previous reply in this thread was concerning means of upgrading spells, not the process of upgrading spells. Very different. And you only have to spend 5 minutes in this game to realise unless they spell it out in no uncertain terms you can't take anything for granted. Even when they do spell it out we sometimes get the opposite...

Glad you guys decided to abandon that horrible idea /thumbsup!
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  13. Kielex Well-Known Member

What about ascension spells/abilities? Earlier was stated that they will affect your profession abilities, which I interpret as: "You will need to spend money to make your profession abilities good". Saying that profession abilities can be upgraded the normal way feels like a deception and screw over with the words from earlier.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  14. Kielex Well-Known Member

I felt like the xpac livestream gameplay was kind of empty. Just heard the words we already heard and saw what some of the zones look like. Sorry, but a 20 minute long attempt to convince me to buy the most expensive version of the expansion didn't work out. Aside from that it feels very empty and the only things I could think about is how you could grab my cash again. Leveling weapons, there it is. What is it going to cost to level a weapon to max? 3 years unless you buy 10000% bonus weapon experience potions? From what it looks like, unless the devs give clear explanations of whether it will be the same, more or less pay to win, this game is dead as much as it will be when they go for the pay to win model. The fact that publicly they are still in denial of the whole pay to win garbage is even more concerning. Can't break a contract or what is it?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Except it's been said quite a few times that spell upgrades will be different. Several times it's been said that you'll have to upgrade through Apprentice -> Journeyman -> Adept etc. but drops will remain the same as previous.

Combine this with the fact that posts get ended with "All of this is subject to change", and the frequent backtracks on decisions it is hard to know what the intended outcome is.

Can we get a clear statement that goes along the lines of "Level 100-110 Professional spells will come from the same way as previous (Journeyman/Expert/GM = Crafted, Adept/Master/Ancient = Dropped), and will require you to have scribed the previous versions beforehand."
  16. Vunder Well-Known Member

It has never been said that normal spells and abilities would be switching to the ascension method.

They have said over and over in forums and discord that spells and abilities that are not ascension will be handled as they always have.

It’s not hard to understand.
    Gninja likes this.
  17. Im_Just_A_Lowly_Alt Active Member

Kioske, Tekka, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

As someone who's leveled many many crafters to 100 the regular way, getting books isn't particularly expensive. The prices for the standard essentials books hasn't been onerous in many many years (like since subcombines were still in the game and money was actually harder to get). They don't cost that much. The most expensive ones available on the guild merchants are 50 plat and those are advanced books that you can get elsewhere really easily. Outside of that the most expensive non-advanced books are slightly less that 35 gold. Hardly a sum to break the bank.

All the recipes from ToT and KA are bought from the faction merchants. They aren't particularly expensive. You just had to actually do the crafting quests in Tot and KA to have the faction & tokens to buy them. 90-95 can be quested, 93-100 regular recipes all drop with decent frequency. Those are mostly irrelevant though honestly, tot and ka recipes are the ones you may need.

**** Just for the heck of it, I added it up. If you don't buy the 50pp advanced books that are on the guild merchant you'll be spending a grand total of less than 7 pp for your basic recipes 1-100. As I said before, hardly going to break anyone's bank. Especially since you will have to do quests that reward coin to obtain the more relevant recipes.
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Carynn Well-Known Member

I have seen a lot of back and forth from non-beta players about the spell upgrades, which is important, but there were a slew of other questions asked that have yet to be answered by a beta player. I, personally, don't want to pay for an expac the same size as ToT/KA, with either quest content that takes a day to do (ToT) or content that grinds your eyes out until you no longer want to pre-order the next expac (KA). Granted, the beta players have only been in the overland zone and greeted by three factions with buggy quests, but I do hope more info will be forthcoming from players, because at the moment it sounds like PoP is DoF with new skin.

It has been confirmed that PoP Tradeskill quest line is non-existent atm and won't be addressed until after the expac comes out. See: beta forum.
  20. Rolien Active Member

So let me see if I got this right....
    If I wanna upgrade for instance a level 101 ability such as IDK Quick Strike

I would have to have Quick Strike Journeymen before I can upgrade to Quick Strike Adapt....

So if I'm super lucky and found a master I would need
    Journeymen, Adapt, Expert, then finally I can use the Master.
    That's just anti-fun right there.
    Mizgamer62 and Malleria like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.