For casual players

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Shur, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Shur New Member

I was an old member long ago then came back a few years ago. The game keeps getting harder and harder for casual players. Spell and adorn drop rates are terrible in solos and groups are kinda hard to come by. I am quitting again and most likely my final time. We used to be able to server jump to freetrade and buy raid gear but even that was taken away. Feels like an attack on casual play. The constant grind with no rewards, not able to server jump, and all of my adorns ceasing to work kind of just took all the fun out of it. Please reconsider some of the changes and take care of your casuals. To all my friends on skyfire it has been fun and will miss you all.

Happy hunting,
    Estobahn
    Tkia, Geroblue, Dude and 2 others like this.
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

You would serve the Casual population better if you stayed and kept submitting feedback. There are more Casuals in game than on the forums so it's helpful when it's submitted. Please encourage the other Casual players you know to do the same.
    Raeven likes this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

I suspect the terrible drops are an intentionally manufactured problem, and the devs hope you and everyone else will solve it by buying cash shop Heritage gambling crates. You too can get your tiny chance at getting anything at all, at least if you buy 80 of them. Whether that's raid gear your character can actually use (even if you do manage to get something) is another story. *facepalm*
    Geroblue and Dude like this.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

1. This is a game, why should anyone feel compelled to "serve" anyone here?
    2. If they're not enjoying the game, why on God's green earth would they carry on playing?
    3. Feedback eh? Yeah if it's a spelling mistake or a bugged quest, but anything more fundamental? The lead designer has a "vision" and is infallible. You may as well give feedback to the wall.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

If players can feedback on these forums and we end up with Duck Mounts and Cows standing on their hind legs then anything is possible.

The more players submitting their feedback the better. I want to encourage them to do so.
    Alot of your Casuals don't even come to these forums. I want their voices heard even if they are leaving.
    Their feedback does matter.

No worries Tanto, I'm sure Estobahn will do what Estobahn will do.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

This is why I game at low levels, below adv level 60. i would rather have root canal than deal with upper level adventuring.
    Tkia, Feara, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Did you review the RoR Gear Guide? You can gear up without needing to buy gear on IoR.
    Feara and Shur like this.
  8. Shur New Member

That was helpful but for casuals grabbing groups can be tough. Finishing weeklies even tougher. The special coins that drop in weeklies is like 1 for solos we get 2 for being a member no one can get anywhere like that. Those coins should drop the same for everyone. Doesn't matter that advanced players can grab more or sleep thru solos. Casuals can only advance so far and the grind gets tiring after a while. Thanks for the responses.
    Geroblue and Pixistik like this.
  9. Feara Well-Known Member

Did you happen to check out the Kael Drakkel server at all these last couple of weeks?