Fixed Internally Food and Drink getting destroyed when zoning out of BL solo zones

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by jbc1948, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Avithax Well-Known Member

Hours of food.drink wasted, not a single solitary flip given about it by the current establishment about it. Has it become the norm that we should expect indifference when it comes to resolving issues. Has the only way to fix something in the game to break 2 other things??

My motto has always been "always amazed but never suprised" but what would truly surprise me is if the current team would actually focus on fixing things instead of breaking everything else.
  2. Kittybock Well-Known Member

That being said, when we'd returned to the game last spring every group I joined on AB asked you to do this. It was openly discussed, so I truly thought it was the norm. I've also seen it mentioned on discord and in forums. I thought it was an issue that appeared during PoP, but they knew existed, and just left in place, as a lot of folks that normally did not do a solo zone, would run one each day. They'd run a solo each day and it refreshed buff while in there. In past expacs, I rarely ran solos.

I have no problem with it being removed, but I'd think there would be a better option than wasting consumables. I doubt that was intended.
  3. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I mean how hard would it be to just disable drinking and eating food and snacks inside a solo instance instead of this? I mean we already got a 16 point checklist before pulling a raid mob, now its 18.

Its not a gamebreaking thing but I dont want to waste 13k platium for every solo zone(the prices of the stuff on HoF as of right now) and its also just more stuff to be aware of with an already long pre pull list
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

Seriously, how about just not having food and drink buffed inside of a zone if that is what is the source of the exploit. Surely there are better ways to tune content.

That seems a much more sensible fix than stripping food/drink when you leave a zone. As people have said, that stuff can be expensive, and while I'm a provisioner and could theoretically benefit from this bug (I hope bug), this is a bad way to handle it.
  5. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Ok call the buff an exploit. Not sure why it wasn't addressed in CD but what's past is past. I didn't even know it could be done in BL as thought it was some problem with CD zones. Of course a zone buff shouldn't carry over but is there no fix except putting a penalty on Solo zones and of course solo players? No why to just eliminate buffs when zoning? Or making a timer on the buffs say they expire in 30mins?
    If you are going scorched earth then just eliminate the buffs. Can't disable being able to consume food /drink in zones which is how the exploit seems to accomplished? In fairness if it can't be done without wiping food/drink then make all zones wipe food drink on exit.
    One other way is to change the recipes of long term (5hr) to 1 hr but recipes would create 5x the amount. That way everyone could get the same stat boosts and not lose to much when zoning. There would be no benefit from buff carryover as the food/drink wouldn't last long enough to be worth doing it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Marae like this.
  6. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Can we have an official response on the issue?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

From the post over in Tradeskills.

Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Snacks are also stripped off when you zone out of solo. I stopped running food and drink in solo and just used snacks and that's when I noticed they got stripped off as well.
  9. Argosunited Well-Known Member

QFE
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And a bug that should've been jumped on rather than "fixed" the way it has been. :-/

Uwk
    Juraiya, Rhodris, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, I get food and drink (the things in those equipment slots ;->); what are "snacks"?

Uwk
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Snacks are 15 minute foods that give a stat boost. They are made by provisioners and used most often by raiders for a buff right before a pull.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Thanks. :)

Uwk
  14. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Actually they are 10 minutes or 30 minutes in duration, they are stackable (different types, not different durations) the shorter duration are a larger boost. Here is info on the level, duration and boosts they give.
    Breanna, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Zynt like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, so they came out with the most recent couple of expacs. Got it! Thanks! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't even use food or drink on my characters unless I am doing something very challenging with the character. They do fine without the food and drink, and solo zones are easy enough without food or drink buffs. Why waste perfectly good, and as stated by others in this thread, very expensive food and drink if I don't need to? I have auto-consume turned off so that the only time my food and drink are consumed is when I tell them to be consumed.

Still, to fix a 'bug' by breaking something else is certainly not a 'fix'.
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen on all counts! ;)

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

This should be fixed, I am going to move it to resolved.