Focused Feedback - Tradeskill

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Caith, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Follow-up: Chrol also suggested flying out to the spawn point so you don't have to move your cursor as much. I haven't had as much luck with that [finding just the right spot gets a bit fidgety], but it's a lot of fun to be hovering in midair shooting things down. <grin>
    Deveryn likes this.
  2. Kosovos Member

About Sapphire Bixbite.

Please add these to be able to be made into MC jewelery. I have so many of these and now they are just gathering dust in my Bank. The rarer, Lumium is ridiculously Overpriced and is the only soft gem that can be used to make Master Crafted Jewelery. Please extend this to the Sapphire Bixbite too, so it can be an alternate.
    konofo, Quillyne and Mermut like this.
  3. Koldaniz New Member

Feedback from a real EQ2 newbie who only started playing 2 months ago (although a 13 year EQ1 veteran!)

I've been slowly working my way through the old content on my Wizard and dinged level 80 last night. All my adventure experience has been done through questing and dungeon runs and I've been working on my Sage trade skill too on a daily basis. I find it strange that in the same time I can get to to level 80 adventurer with 298 AA I am still only a level 41 Sage. The experience gain on trade skill just seems very out of synch with the rest of the game, especially for new characters starting from scratch. I also find the very small amount of quests that award TS experience disappointing as it means the only way to really progress is to grind writs which is soul destroying.

So my asks would be;

- Better TS experience for low levels to help keep adventure/TS experience a bit more in synch (I was interested in TS to help develop my character and use spells as I went along)
    - More interesting ways to gain TS experience rather than just writs

Thanks, Koldaniz
  4. Meirril Well-Known Member

This is really late to complain about this, but the crafting stations in AoM that don't have sound effects bug me. I'm probably the only crafter that still uses the audio cues, but without them its really hard to tell when a tick finishes. While it doesn't make logical sense for a camp fire to make the same sounds as a stove and keg the sound effects from a forge could be substituted. Any audio cue would be welcome.
  5. Ratza Well-Known Member

Same here....I have given up on trying this one each day because it got too frustrating to always fail!!....no I'm not looking for easy mode I win...but it makes no sense to set the limit so high that fail is more likely than win....my husband also failed every time on this one.
  6. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

where is this the npc for this quest please??
  7. Ratza Well-Known Member

It's a bow clicky on the ground.
  8. Azian Well-Known Member

A friend of mine in game said more or less this same thing just last night and I find it really surprising. I always have 10+ seconds left. I click the bow to bring up the quest but don't accept it just yet. I move right to the end of the cliff. I've learned you can do this quest flying so I often lift off just a smidge to make my pets/mercs go away if I have any (to avoid them obstructing my view.) I zoom my camera all the way into first person. I then accept the quest and center on the first bird I see. Then it's just mouse over the gulls and spam the F key. If you are laggy, don't wait to see each bird drop, just hit the F with the bird targeted a couple times and then move onto the next one. I've literally had zero birds get through my hail of arrows at times with obvious focus going to the ones that get closer since the distant ones are usually out of range anyway.

Like Shmogre, this quest is my go to pretty much every day. I include it in my rounds just like the TS and apprentice daily quests.
    Shmogre likes this.
  9. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Only time i have missed it was the first time when my message window kept blocking my view of the seagulls. As per last post re first person view but i just mouse click each one. I find it easier if I tilt my view back a bit - more sky in view and can track them for longer, tend to get less not in range messages.
  10. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Generally I do it with 10+ seconds left. Sometimes, it just doesn't seem to work right, and I can spam F over seagulls for for all they're worth, and have long stretches with no hits - ending with only 17 hits or so. Never figured out why I have good runs and bad runs, but it might be connected to why some people are having good luck vs bad luck with this quest.
  11. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Back to my point about the message window - it is much larger than the displayed text and could be blocking your current selected seagull. I shifted mine to a corner of my screen for that reason.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I use F10 (hit twice) to hide my UI once I accept the quest. That way I don't have to worry about any windows 'getting in the way'.
    Tetrol, Azian and Prrasha like this.
  13. Azian Well-Known Member

That's a great idea!
  14. Oriathan New Member

Ok so I misspoke, they were able to get Etymas, so their ability to get Ferrins has indeed been nerfed.They replaced the weekly ts reward of etymas with 3 mini quests that reward Ferrins. Two of these will kill a low level crafter and they are not really doable except with extreme luck. The gulls one is hard enough that I gave up trying. The weekly was an assured way of gaining these gems. Even if you can do the gulls one, the weekly gave as many gems. So yes, my crafter has been nerfed of the ability to gain Ferrins..

Yep and I have enough FSSD tokens for 2 toons, why do I need more? The point is a crafter can get the same number of FSSD tokens from multiple places with the same amount of effort. Why remove the ability to gather Ferrins from me?

Nope, not at all, you are completely wrong. We have never been able to make these gems for gear enhancement why would I complain about that at all?

They are no easier to gain then the etymas were in ToV. I have 2 toons who adventure.
  15. Gwalchmai Member

Quality of Life: Vests!

Up until Teir 9, tailors could make cloth vests with the same stats as the robes. I miss those. My mages are not comfortable adventuring in their bathrobes with all the floppy bits tangling up their legs! I liked that we could have the option to show our pants and shoulder armor rather than the cover-all robe. I always thought that the arcane/potent/energized cloth leg armor from last expansion looked cool, but I couldn't find a vest that paired well, not in previous tiers or on the market place.
    Wintir and Katz like this.
  16. Akina_Storms Active Member

using an 'essence of' on a crafted weapon remove the refined state, and the experimentation.
    the experimentation is doable again (at a high risk to fail), but the refined state is lost.
  17. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Wow...that seriously needs to be looked at...
    Wintir and Prrasha like this.
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

In order for a crafter to have his/her ability as a crafter to earn Ferrins nerfed, he/she must have first had the ability through crafting to gain a given number of Ferrins, and then had that number of Ferrins reduced, or otherwise lost some or all of the ability to earn Ferrins through crafting. Whether both adventurers and crafters could earn etyma is irrelevant. The devs made a design decision to separate the crafting and adventuring currencies. Just because it is possible to earn the Ferrins through completion of a quest that doesn't place a character in mortal peril (even if that character is lower than the recommended adventure level for the zone) doesn't make it a crafting quest. It makes it an adventuring quest that just happens to be level agnostic. As a crafter, the currency is the Far Seas tokens. If you have more of those than you need, you can use the remainder of them to purchase as many Blank Runes as you can afford, and then sell those that you can't use or craft into a different item. Or, you can choose one of your adventurers to level up (if you don't already have one of sufficient level) and earn the Ferrin with that character and trade any excess to the crafters that have lower adventuring levels (since Ferrin are Heirloom).

Regardless, though, you can't have a non-existent ability nerfed. :rolleyes:

Removal necessitates prior existence. You can't have something removed that you didn't have in the first place.

But you are complaining that, as crafters, we don't receive the currency which permits the conversion of a blank rune into a purple adornment or war rune. Since the currency required to purchase the fuel is an adventuring currency, you can easily do commission work and have the adventurer for whom you are doing the crafting supply the fuel. Then you can charge the adventurer the going rate (or more, if you think you can get away with it) for the blank runes.

Then it shouldn't be a problem to earn the Ferrin with your adventurers and then pass them to your alts via the shared bank (if the adventurers are on the same account as the crafters) or through commissioning (if they are on different accounts). I don't really want to have to go back to the extremely long crafting for the weekly. So I disagree with any attempt to have Ferrin awarded for crafting (if that wasn't already obvious).

Note that I'm not calling you names or anything of that nature. I just disagree with you, and I will continue to disagree with you as long as you attempt to get Ferrins awarded for completing tradeskill content.

Have a nice day.
    Alenna, Prrasha and Mermut like this.
  19. Roshen Well-Known Member

Closing this thread, and dev is going through these posts. Thank you for your feedback on this topic!
    Calthine likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.