Focused Feedback - Tradeskill

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Caith, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Right now yes. I've got ToV rare from salvaging lvl 100 yesterday after a patch. What a disappointment. :(
  2. Daggett New Member

This my be spoken of but here go's:
    Armors,Jewelers,Carpenters, Adorers...etc can do well fro themselves on the broker and auction channel. It only took years for most to achieve this trade skill status. So I only have one concern " Norrath, why have you forsaken the Tinkering trade? As a master tinkerer the only thing that may be worth our time is the Mender Bot but alas, its only usable by tinkerers. Please revamp the items so that they increase their effectiveness by the level of the user.
    Laiina likes this.
  3. Hijinx Well-Known Member

Can we please move Skrit away from the chemistry table? When you need it for the daily, she gets swarmed with all the players and mounts. I know you can target her with /tar but it still would be nice if she was standing a short distance away.
    Shmogre likes this.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I highlighted the reason why. We have a proper currency split now, so a person can't just run wild getting a ton of currency for their adventurers by doing something else altogether. The ease at which you could gain etyma through crafting was ridiculous, especially if you had multiple crafters. This is why the weekly became the tedious task it did.

As far as crafting the gemstones, I don't see the need for that. They would have done the same as ToV and made it so you couldn't get anything back from a crafting expertise / shawl proc. Everyone was saved from a little bit of tedium on that one.
  5. Goldheart Member

The idea of crafters having to do adventuring instances to get the Ferrins to buy kindling is just plain wrong. I'm just about ready to rage-quit both of my accounts over it, and no you can't have my stuff.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except the far seas kindling is only needed for purple adorns.. which are adventure gear...
    If you don't adventure, why do you want/need them?
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

"Pure' crafters can sell the blank runes for plat, since straight adventurers can't get far seas tokens.
  8. Goldheart Member

Sell? Gift to guildies? Because I can? All of the above? To attract stupid questions?
  9. Meirril Well-Known Member

There are three means to gain Ferrin. First you can do AoM instance quests to gain Ferrin. Second you can do repeatable adventure quests in TS/PS to gain Ferrin. Third you can turn in collections. If you are under 95 you receive a crate that you can unlock to claim your Ferrin later.

Now please note: This wasn't an oversight. This was a very intentional splitting of ToV's Etyma into an Adventuring Coin (Ferrin) and a crafting coin (ye old FSSD tokens given far more importance than they had before).

The only way you can have both is by doing both activities. If the best argument you can come up with for creating new content that lets you get the kind of coin your not suppose to be able to get is "SoE looses 2 subscriptions" then I don't think your argument is very persuasive.

Especially considering that out of the two different coins Ferrin are easy to obtain. Well, at least in the amounts needed to use them for crafting. If all you do is 1 advanced solo instance a day as long as you make sure that advanced solo is the daily you'll get enough Ferrin in 3 days to buy 1 kindling. That is enough to make any adornment that doesn't require a TQ.

If your making adorns that require TQs you should just find a partner that is an over achiever and buy the Ferrins from him. You make an agreement, you use /report to record your agreement, you pay him, you commission craft the adornment, he trades it back to you. If everything goes as expected your both happy. If not then you /petition and customer service will get your stuff for you. As long as you do everything I said above it will go your way.

Instead of making demands that dev totally rethink the way they want to do things, how about trying to get creative and finding ways to get what you want?
  10. Prrasha Well-Known Member

A pure crafter can get enough Ferrin to use. Assuming a paying customer...

100 FST a week from the crafting dailies/weekly buys 1 blank rune (with 10 left over, so you can buy recipes over time too).

Using a recipe requires 1 or 2 kindling, which is 35 or 70 Ferrin.

The overland clicky quests are open to crafters. The seagull one was called out in the Dec 3 patch notes, but the other clickies seem to work (my very 1st attempt at fishing was on a lowbie. oops.)

Seagull shooting is 100% crafter-friendly. 42 Ferrin/week if you run it alongside the crafting daily. If you don't want to make War Runes, you're done. If you only want to make a war rune every 5th week, you're done, by saving up the extra 7 Ferrin each week.

If you want enough for war runes every week, you can log in at odd hours (the overland clickies respawn faster than every 24 hours). Pretty sure you can get to 70 Ferrin just on seagulls.

If you can't log in at odd hours, Truffle hunting requires dodging some slow skeletons and the grimling runner (you should know his path if you're a crafter), so it's easier than the "get dirt" crafting daily. That's another 42/week. Fishing is technically possible, but the crab will one-shot you, so you'll only succeed about 10% of the time. The others require actual adventuring/combat skills.
    Mermut likes this.
  11. Canth Active Member

^ This.

Crafters seem to think they need to trail every pet and pony and merc and big mount etc that they can behind or on them, then stand almost directly on Skrit with no awareness that they might be blocking anyone else. Yes, I can tab target and hail, but still, can we get her moved a bit? I sent a /feedback on live and in beta as soon as I realized there was an issue.
  12. Azian Well-Known Member

I haven't been following this thread for a while so I'd guess this has come somewhere already but.....it's REALLY REALLY ANNOYING that the TS timeline in AoM didn't deal with the inability of mounts to fly through the tower area like the adventure quests do. I'm fortunate to be in the position that I can run all of mine through the first few quests of the sig line to get rid of the debuff but I feel bad for any low adventure/high TS characters that are stuck with it. Even with all my toons also being at least 95 adventure it's kind of irritating to NEED to do it to avoid constantly running through the aggro or flying the long way around. This is particularly true given where Skritt is located for the daily TS quests.
    Loredena likes this.
  13. Hijinx Well-Known Member

Most of my crafters are lowbies (lowest is 13) and I really don't find this to be a big issue. In fact, because I'm so used to not flying in the area, I frequently find myself swimming to the safe area when I go to talk to Skrit even on my level 100 :)
    Shmogre likes this.
  14. Oriathan New Member

The crafting line is short, I love that since I am an adventurer first, crafter second. I cannot fly through the first area, doesn't bother me at all since the run is 10 seconds. The biggest disappointment I have is taking away ferrins from crafters. I leveled 5 more crafters in ToV just so I had a chance to gt enough etymas. Even so I only got enough to gem my raider and 3 alts in all that time. Now you have made my crafters worthless. I have enough Far seas tokens to gem my raider and 5 alts, way more then enough for what I need for now. I do not craft for profit, just for the few things I need that don't require the super rare rares. Why did you remove the only ability outside of grouping to gather ferrins? I will not be renewing the sub on 2 of my 3 accounts now because of this. I am very dismayed in the loss. If I had known you would be removing my ability to gather these tokens way back in ToV I would not have bothered with all those hours.
  15. Meirril Well-Known Member

Your ability to earn Ferrins has not been nerfed. Crafters never had the ability to gain Ferrins. Crafters earn Far Seas Supply Depot tokens which are used in the creation of adornments. Incase you haven't noticed, you need 12 blank runes per adventurer. That is 1080 FSSD tokens. That is if you actually have someone else create the adornments for you since each recipe takes 45 (war) or 25 (mastercrafted) tokens to purchase. Or you could take the 20 days to research each recipe and save yourself a few tokens.

What your really complaining about is that crafters can't make gems. Considering that there is no crafted recipe for the new gems, it seems like those gems have nothing to do with crafting. Like dev didn't want us involved in it. Crafters only got half the materials to create adornments as well, Ferrin are needed to buy the fuels used. You could argue that crafters should have a way to purchase the fuels since we're not involved in the gems but half involved in purple adornment production. Right now we're at about 1/4 to 1/3rd the value of an Etyma while adventurers own the other 2/3-3/4th of the buying power.

I'm going to say that Ferrin are fairly easy to earn. If you need gems, go adventure.
    Mermut and Loredena like this.
  16. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Not so.
    Shmogre likes this.
  17. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Check out the "seagull killing" daily in Tranquil Sea [details on all the timed dailies are in this awesome article on EQ2Wire]. High-level crafters were specifically given access to this one, so you can build up a nice pile of Ferrin [especially if you run your alts through it regularly]. That's actually more than pure adventurers get the other way 'round, so it was very cool of the devs to include it.

[EDIT: Whoops...Prrasha said it better and with more info in the comment linked in the post above this one. <blush> ]
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

Yeah if you can finish it... best I've gotten so far was 48 of 50 and I've basically have given up on it.
  19. Shmogre Well-Known Member

It's my go-to daily for all of my crafters...I stand near the edge, centering myself on the birds once they pop. Use the 'f' key instead of clicking ['f' is the default 'action' key binding, custom UIs might differ], and then use your mouse to target the birds. So basically you spam 'f' while using the mouse to point at all the birds: "There's a bird! <dead> There's a bird! <dead>". You'll get a few "you're too far" DINGDINGs while you are doing it, but you should be able to clear all 50 in plenty of time.

[And be sure to look down at the cliff and the water when you are done...lots of bird bodies with arrows sticking out of them litter the ground. :^D ]
  20. Wurm Well-Known Member

Exactly how I do it. And I still have not gotten 50/50
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.