Focused Feedback - PvP

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Caith, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jude Member

It's not the way to get pvp skilled, it's just the way to get pvp bored and out of control. I would prefer oneshot damage and like max hp heals, than what you offer now. You just want to kill our pvp. And yes, now I agree with Latomier: you just run some BG quests on pve server in your dread gear but want to destroy OUR mechanics of OUR pvp server. Why?
  2. Jude Member

Please fix max power, it really needs serious boost now. Better make it like it was before, the same amount of power points and health points. An illy drains full power from a healer for about a minute, I think if it was about 1 mil power points it would solve the problem (and bring back mana wards of some mages too).
  3. Thetmes Active Member

:rolleyes: I love posts like this

just going to say if you were ever so good and great Sora you would have been able to adapt and over come and stay on Naggy and not move to a blue server.......... just saying. No I was never the best and I will not say I am one of the best but I think I am doing better and I am better than allot of those players like yourself that left cause they could not adapt to new gear ( TSO ) or wait for new gear ( DoV release ) or cause their raid gear was not king any more ( TSO ). No I don't care for Vish either but he has a point until people are in the proper gear at cap its to early to tell what really needs adjusted.
  4. Thetmes Active Member

Hmmm I was responding to the words

Let me explain something to you kid. 99% of the original nagafen players, the good players, the ones worth a mention, the ones who played on nagafen when nagafen was worth playing on, have either moved to a pve server or have quit the game

As far as agreeing with Vish I do until everyone is in full gear /cry about to much damage is BS. Funny thing is I put my channeler in a mix of MC and hadcrafted with out any adorns and I am doing just fine even in open world against Vish. So yes I would say lets everyone get in full gear and see where we are then. For those that could not hack it ( AKA Sora ) on the PvP server and had to leave for whatever reason ( says low pop but really cause they got owned every day more than likely ) Please do not listen to their posts as if they really wanted good or great PvP they never would have left the one server that could provide it. Players like that only have what they want in mind not what is really best. As they have already proven by moving to a diff server.

Pretty sure that is all that needs to be said about it.

/thread ( this means you don't need to respond Sora as anything you say really does not matter any more you have no credibility on the PvP forum and it has been explained why. Have a nice day )
  5. latomier Member

Gratzz you posted a SS of your Crusader from back when you never ever left the City without a raid behind you, always get a kick when someone claims skill. There are tons of people with Fluffed kill counts by playing that way, example Bosque, even Devils back in T4.. You have never EVER been a factor in pvp, you rerolled soooo many toons back when you were on naggy cause of you kills counts getting wrecked, which was why you only played T2/T4.. Max tier you got **** on constantly and you still do now in BG and Warzones.. I mean myself and one of my guildies who has NO gear except dread rolled your 3 man in Warzone a few days ago and you haven't been back since. Everyone on Naggy knows you are a joke, always has been and always will be, the rage posts you do against everyone cause they know you want classes nerfed cause you cant kill them proves how bad at pvp you are.. L2Play and adapt kiddo.. Pls feel free to rage on about me or Ayuk or who ever else has pushed your crap in... NO ONE here cares about your Epeen measuring contest and your little man syndrome.. We want things adjusted in pvp but after everyone is geared in proper pvp gear, adorns and can see where the dmg or healing needs adjusting.. So just go back to your instance and cry about how you got chased off Naggy, long before Naggy was dead..
  6. Zycron New Member

So i have not played EQ2 in a while as RL came up and what not ill be comming back in the next week or 2. and as much as i hate to say this i agree with vish on this one. How can you cry and complain about damage on skills or lack there of if you are not mastered, and in the new top tier gear and adorns. I understand not everyone has the time to farm it all and blah blah there was an exploit wah wah.. this is EQ2 that **** has and always will be there. You cannot judge a whole xpac on "Im still in dread and a brig in overseer just 1 shot my face" Well of course they did dumb ****. Anyway i think we need to wait until 80% of the actives "including myself" when i get back are geared and adorned b4 we start demanding nerfs and what not.
  7. Thetmes Active Member

K here ya go and even on a toon much younger than yours I am sure

PvP total klls 7450
    PvP wild kills 7436
    PvP city kills 14
    PvP deaths 494
    Kill streak 6
    Death streak 0

Creation Date Nov 12 2013
    Char name Khaf.

Go look him up I have nothing to hide sure as hell not going to take the time to take a SS and post it someplace and all that to prove anything to ya. No I don't roll with a raid or even a full group all the time and I play one of the worst solo healers in the game and solo heal groups at times but it is the toon I PvP on the most not one that I only break out when I know I can win as some people do.

And yes you are correct this is section is for BG' players also however you are the one that claimed to be high and mighty cause you used to play on Naggy all I did was point out that you are not all that high and mighty. You bash Vish and say he is a kid that and I quote

Let me explain something to you kid. 99% of the original nagafen players, the good players, the ones worth a mention, the ones who played on nagafen when nagafen was worth playing on, have either moved to a pve server or have quit the game. There are very few players on nagafen now who have been there since open world pvp actually existed. It is not YOUR server, you are just some random newbie, probably an alt of Vishous posting on his defense like he does in game

You are saying he does not have the right to post and is a newb whose opinion should not count. Since its not ""his server"" thing is its not yours either you bailed on the server. You pulled up and took off when things got to rough for ya. All I am saying is Pot meet Kettle. Cause you are no better than he is. I would venture to say you are worse since if you cared about PvP as much as you say you do you would have never left the server and contributed to the lowering of the population as you did.

Edit to add tried to look up Zaionxx on EQU and threw the official site and no char by that name must be a real old SS. So fail........
  8. Garadon New Member

you can block your characters on eq2u and any other site by unchecking the box that says allow updates in the persona window
  9. Thetmes Active Member

:rolleyes: True but for an ""abandoned alt"" what would be the point also you can still see those players on the leader boards as the name shows up you just cannot see any stats, gear report or aa spec. Its ok though I see you joined the boards today as you can see there are some spirited discussions here on the boards. Enjoy and participate but be ready to quantify any statement you make, also be ready to admit when you are incorrect. I have a few times and have no problem doing so when proven wrong. Others have ego issues that will not allow that so take it all with a grain of salt when they get bent.
  10. Kazz Member

Feedback from one of the 1% left on Nagafen on improving open world PVP:
    • Risk vs. Reward for open world PVP is basically non-existent. This, to me, is the fundamental problem that is causing the population drop. Other than the PVP writ that rewards mediocre amount of tokens there is no real reward for the risk of being in the open world questing or harvesting. I enjoy the risk despite the lack of reward and I can't imagine myself enjoying the game If I was able to AFK for hours, days, weeks, in an open world zone knowing I cannot be killed (provided I am AFKing away from mobs). The one suggestion I read that I think would address this issue partially is making named mobs drop tokens on Nagafen.
    • Fast travel bells have taken the fun out of risking PVP engagement on your way to some zone or instance. I don't want to have to spend 20-30 minutes getting somewhere but I also don't want to 1-click port anywhere in the game because how else are you going to run into people in the open world? I suggest making it possible to 1-click port to dungeons so the group doesnt spend a lot of time getting somewhere but rather get straight into the action and remove the 1click port to OW zones.
    • Tier 2 zones PVP restriction is fine. It should be left alone. There are still people who roll new characters on Nagafen either by accident or on purpose. They should not be ganked by twinked players while they are still trying to figure out the game.
    • Warzone needs something but I can't quite put my finger on it. This is usually how my WZ experience goes: I zone in and either (a) find zone has been cleared by someone (90% of the time it's the same person!) so I go looking for them and we fight a couple of times then it gets boring because there is no one else in the zone OR (b) there is no one in the zone, I clear it, wait for someone to show up so I can fight them, wait some more, give up on waiting, clear the zone and head out. This routine gets boring quickly. The wait time between NPC respawn and someone coming to the WZ needs to be filled with something. Perhaps shorten the respawn time? But that might cause a farming situation. I don't know, if someone has any clever ideas please do post.
    • Finish the job on making it difficult to avoid a PVP fight once engaged. Right now people still avoid fighting once they are engaged by sprinting and running off a cliff to die without losing fame or coin. If I hit someone and they run off to their death without hitting me back I should still get rewarded.
    • Make a drastic change that allows people from blue servers to "try" Nagafen's OW experience. Something like a one-week character copy from blue server to naggy that automatically gets deleted after the week is up.
    Siren likes this.
  11. Thetmes Active Member

Good ideas Kazz things many of us have said in one way or another for years.

Sora did I say anything about you not going out in a group or raid??????????? No I did not.

With that settled then again gratz on whatever you think you have proven ( which is nothing btw ) As for "" angry allegations and baseless lies coming though "" I have not posted anything that is baseless or an allegation. You yourself said you left the server due to low pop. I posted that while that is what you said its more likely cause you got owned every day and you come back with SS of a toon that cannot be found ( would still show up on leader board at the main EQ2 site not EQ2U ) and say that you have all your toons blocked. OK fine whatever the thing is you still only post and think about what is best for you not what is best for the game. You insinuate that others do not have the right to post and call them kids that do not know what they are talking about. When you are just as bad if not worse.

Yes there are adjustments that need to be made to the game for PvP but those adjustments need to be done after more people are in the proper gear at cap so we can see what is really going on. Calling for nerfs to abilities/class less than a month into the exp pack when people are still trying to get the correct gear is just selfish Sora. Also the game EQ2 is group based not 1 v 1 based so your whole group needs to be in the proper gear and have all AA//masters/grandmasters before we can start looking at balancing things out. I really do not see why this is so hard for you to understand. Its pretty much common sense.
  12. Trasor Active Member

Kazz I appreciate your comments, as it was said earlier, I doubt we can really expect anything to happen from the dev perspective until after January 5th, and then I sure hope it is a total flipping overhaul.

At this point the only thing really blocking from coming here is the 2500 SC cost to get here...nobody wants to spend 5 months sitting on their SC to transfer over ONE character, a lot of people like to play their alts too. There is a legitimate place on Nagafen for inexperienced guilds to try raiding as Nagafen can utilize TWICE the amount of adornments in PVE.

If they just tear down Nagafen and make it opt-in (with some real incentives) or they restrict a few claim Nagafen transfers like they used to restrict their old transfer tokens to exclude Vox and the Bazaar (which is why I don't think that the code is out reach for doing that), then hopefully people will come. Time and time again, the issue has been and will be incentives. What are the incentives for doing open world PvP over BG's? What are the incentives for trying to revitalize a very small and dwindling population? What are the incentives to keep playing on Nagafen?

Until the developers and players start to think about the bigger questions and not focus on smaller broken mechanics, we will be better off...the cry nerf button should be second to the fact that there are like maybe 50 of us that still fight each other in an open world setting, even though that this button is warranted and does need to be pressed more often with this expansion.
  13. Lethlian Active Member

Just wanted to say thanks for making the token grind of this expansion even more ridiculous then the one in TOV. /rolls eyes
  14. Biotic Member

You're asking for wayyyyy too much.
  15. Eragahn Member

PVP total kills: 14,703
    PVP Wild kills: 14,506
    PVP City kills: 197
    PVP deaths: 3,447
    Kill Streak: 0
    Death Streak: 1

Creation date: Sometime in 2006

Started playing in 2006 quit playing in 2009. Started playing again around March or so this year (2014). I "might" have accumulated 100 - 200 kills since March (200 is pushing it a bit), so at least 14,500 of my total kills were from 2006 to 2009.

Just saw a couple people post their pvp stats, wanted to share mine to give an idea of how great is was back in the day!
  16. Kazz Member

Micro feedback for improving open world PVP on Nagafen:
    1. Free server transfers to Nagafen!
    2. Better incentives to PVP in open world vs BGs.
    </micro feedback>
    Siren and Fetish like this.
  17. latomier Member

Updated list....
    A lot of this is for Nagafen..

1. Adjust Brig's Double+DaggerStorm (it's ignoring 40% rule on the doubled up part).
    2. Fix Resists on pvp jewelry..(Overseer has same stats resists wise as Dread). MC jewelry should not have better resists than Overseer PvP ones..
    3. Adjust Fury DPS (DMG Procs) doing way to much dmg when you hit them..
    4. Adjust Divine Light in pvp, doing way to much dmg..
    5. Adjust the Casters new prestige dmg (it's ignoring 40% rule).
    6. Adjust 100% Immunity Adorns, Stifle, Stun ones..Needs lowered to 50% like the Melee one.
    7. LEAVE SSkins and DMG Reductions alone, every class has them and it slows the fights down some and that's a good thing.
    8. FIX Warfields, move lvl 95+ to a smaller zone like Everfrost and put towers NEAR one another to encourage fights.
    9. Up the XP gained from Open World quests on Nagafen for the appropriate lvls to encourage more pvp.
    10. Give better Tokens for Open World pvp kills but only in the appropriate lvl Zones.
    11. Lower the flight height of fliers on Nagafen in the New Zones, tbh nothing higher than what a leaper can get to, people should not be able to avoid pvp outside their guild halls.
    12. FIX the Housing Leader Board, you can still use it to zone into on Naggy and in Warzones to avoid pvp and keep immunity.
    13. Give Exiles shared Banks, this game is old enough to not keep them hindered. (Shared just among your Exile toons, not faction+exile).
    14. DO NOT LOWER PVP DMG, 85% of the people crying aren't even fully geared yet. Once geared DMG slows way down and it makes the fights way more fun.

WE DO NOT WANT 20min fights back!!
    WE DO NOT WANT UNKILLABLE TANKS / HEALERS BACK!!
    Right now any class can kill any class with a good player behind the keys and that's so much fun, it gets the blood pumping..
  18. Mowse Well-Known Member

PVP rewards in the open world, including, not limited to drops off of NPC's, Chests, PVP kills. Increase the number of available quests or repeatable quests in open world that would have random PVP rewards

Now all level 95+ has is BG (Hate.. eliminate from Nagafen) and the WZ which is dominated by those who are already geared out with new armor.
  19. ripsawkiller New Member

LOL everything on other classes and nothing on Beastlords Figures you would have that list

at least #12 will affect you to good for you on giving that up

#1 Ralissk's Perception needs damage reduced

#2 Beastlords Stone Skin should work in open world PVP just like it does in Battlegrounds

#3 Beastlords damage reduction should be lowered 20sec is way to long
  20. Jude Member

We don't need 50% immunity, better no immunes than this crap. I'd like not to adjust heal/mage runes, they are good as they are. I already said if there is fix of CC immune runes then we need damage fix too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.