Focused Feedback - PvP

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Caith, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jude Member

latomier, I know what I'm talking about. I'm mostly in overseer geer already, damage is the same as there is no damage reduction now (toughness), and it's very difficult to heal 1,7mln hps. My top heals are 350k, and there's potency cap at 650 in pvp, they won't be better. How do you think I must heal 1,5-2 mlns by 350kheals? If there are no CC immunes, it will be just zerg no more.
  2. Jude Member

And pls boost characters max power, the power drain is horrible now. Coercer can remove all my power (~120k) just for 40-50 seconds.
  3. Thetmes Active Member

:rolleyes: Awww the broken guard for the last year got killed by a scout....... too funny
  4. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Find it a little to early in the xpac to say what is broken and what needs a overhaul besides the obvious population issues, and the blasting adorns basically blowing people out of the water. The stat caps are met to easy, so with that you add blasting adorns that hit like crazy all someone has to do is pop one ca, this early in a xpac to have something so hard hitting without having the rest of the gear is crazy. Later on it could be fun to bring that in. It is true I went in and killed 5 people in one hit just with dagger storm. It is to early though in the game to decide what is op. People need to build resist again. 65k resist is not going to improve your life span. Last tier mitigation does not effect 5 levels higher of dmg. So until everyone is sitting on resist and mitigation improvements not really a issue to attack.
  5. Jude Member

Twinbladed, the truth is you don't get more resists from new pvp gear.
  6. latomier Member

You are using a parse against a well geared Ranger and you in Dread gear which is now the lowest Tier gear for pvp, against post a Parse where you are fighting an equally geared toon..

Also about your claim Guards couldn't kill anyone last Xpac in Offense, that's cause THERE WAS NO NEED TO BE OFFENSE, Guards last Xpac could crap all over anyone in Defense stance, I know I had one and I topped kill counts, parses and killing blow numbers on ever single BG I was on.. So pls **** talking now cause you as always are showing how clueless and in denial you are..
  7. Lethlian Active Member

[IMG]

People always screaming for proof. Less then 1 min fight and Blasting adornment was 24% of his parse, I'll find the 30% one shortly...

Regards.
  8. Lethlian Active Member

On top of which 43% of the posted parse is all done by one button. His AOM endline and then a passive proc. WOW SKILL lulz.
  9. Lethlian Active Member

Consider it done you big cry baby. I'll post more later when I feel inclined to do so, have time. Go rage on
  10. Lethlian Active Member

11. Lethlian Active Member

As shown above:

Shadow Knight, 30% of his parse is Greater Rune of Blasting. 23% of his parse is AOM endline Earthshock. 53% of his parse is done by pressing one button and a passive. This sh*t is broken as ***
  12. Thetmes Active Member

Lol a guard could kill anyone last exp they were broken even if you don't want to admit it
  13. latomier Member

Good, that's what you need to do is post Info not make claims with just opinion. NO ONE here has said that Blasting doesn't need a tone down, but 25% or even 30% isn't a big deal once you are fully geared in top tier pvp gear..Esp when you can use same said item. We all want it lowered, we just don't want it useless, it truly adds a fun setting to game cause it's random. But again we want people that are 100% GEARED and Adorned to post these things, cause a Overseer fully geared person is gonna do way more dmg than a guy wearing Dreadnaught or hell even General gear..And sadly a lot and by a lot we mean 100% of posts so far are from people in bottom tier gear crying about dmg.. I can tell you now from exp, I am fully geared and adorned out, and I take no where near the spike dmg from anyone now like I did when I was in Dread and General gear..
  14. Lethlian Active Member

Actually this may prove to NOT be true. The new mitigation and resist curve is based upon opponents ABOVE level 104. Seeing that players are capped at level 100. (and probably never going any higher) if you look at your tool tip and it says your at 75% absorption.... well then, there you have it, your mitigation is capped already. So it is achievable in Dreadnaught gear to already be at the highest mitigation possible, without the new gear. At worst the new gear just gives you more HP...and offensively speaking it might make you a little better BUT...were already seeing players hitting caps as it is on all green stats, prior to this expac with the way hard caps and soft caps upper return levels starting to drop off quickly.....

Resist may (and I say may sparingly) improve, but based upon new gear offered in champions respite, as Latomier stated, they do not have increased stats on them. This could be by design or not seeing (given this is SOE) that DEVs may not want players being able to lower/absorb mage damage (making mages in essence the weaker DPS dealing classes).

But then again I'll just assume that I'm wrong in all this. /shrugs
  15. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Nice story. And when people ran two tanks, one taunting and the guard going rampage? Was it our fault too? Guards were MASSVELY broken. The fix was LONG overdue.
  16. Tippysaurus Active Member

So glad that I left when I did.
  17. Exur Well-Known Member

Just identify a "reason" to PvP in EQ2.

Think of it this way... if you removed the internet dragons that require the gear grind to kill, what really is the point of PvE? That's basically what you've done with PvP. You've pushed/funneled everything into BGs which really mean nothing... they are only there to gear grind. You'll get a fun fight here an there, but 99% of the time you are just killing people gearing out. There is zero end game to PvP anymore. You only continue to PvP when geared to gear out alts. That would NEVER drive a PvE game long term.

No leader boards for BG or PvP.
    No reason to be in the open world <- This is a PvE problem, which has basically ruined PvP more then anything.
    Fame system is pointless.
    Immunities from PvP everywhere.
    No more Warfields
    No more writ givers

Since there is no more "reason", there are no more group/raid fights that at the very least existed with the warfields. That is gone now... and when I say gone, I seriously mean you've pushed it to extinction.

I want to and likely will grind out this PvP gear... but after 4 months + it will take me, what will it be for? I'm actually pretty entertained with fighting over the contested mobs in the Warzones lately, but honestly... I'm fighting the same 2 people every day.

What is the point?
    Sheep and Fetish like this.
  18. Intercession Member

There is no point. Which is why I'm downloading Castle Wolfenstein. Naggy is gone.
  19. Trasor Active Member

I enjoy the content with this expansion, hopefully they make a contested warzone that actually, and I mean actually, drops good pvp gear warrants for every, and I mean every, named in the zone. Make a few of them...I think that the warzones are the new thing for pvp now, so maybe we should make some relevant to the new content? The new heroic zones would be cool zones for pvp and right now they are instanced, so let us stop that.
  20. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

It says the same in pve, problem is it isn't true. The mechanics work off pve mechanics the same as players to mobs. I can test it out and see though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.