Focused Feedback - PvP

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Caith, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pawder Active Member

EQNext pvp is not going to be open world. I find myself not wanting any part of SoE after they ruined this game. Remember how much fun SWG was? Yup, they fixed that game too.
    TS (Throat) and Siren like this.
  2. Thetmes Active Member

It's unintended gameplay and indeed an exploit. The reason SoE releases NEW pvp tokens is so everyone starts out semi evenly and you can't just buy a full set of the new gear. The players in question saved the chests that drop in the warzone and did not open them until the expansion went live. Since the currency in the chests changed to drop the new tokens they were able to get full sets of the new gear immediately.

Additionally, SoE was aware of players plans to do this before the expansion went live and did nothing to prevent it. They read posts like this and don't even have the nuggets to repond to it.

Ok you say unintended game play but also that SoE knew about it before hand............ think about that for a bit and get back to me when you realize what you said there.

If you can show me in these forums a thread where SoE said it would be unintended game play then I will agree that it is an exploit until then it is working as intended. I don't like it anymore than anyone else as I said before and I wish I had thought of it myself and done the same looking back.

Its funny though there are threads on these forums and in the old forums about what someone else views as unintended game play that were working as intended until the vocal minority /cry enough to get things changed be it a nerf to a class or whatever it may be. Many of the changes did not need to happen some of them were very detrimental to PvP and drove players away. Again I ask SoE to have GM's and Devs play the game on a non GM/Dev tagged toon on Naggy experience our server for yourself as we experience it. Take into account what people are asking for in the forums and in /bug /petition and make the changes that need to be made. Do not base the changes on a vocal minority though. Experience the game we have as we have it and adjust what is needed not just what someone /cry the loudest about.
  3. Nagafen.Dalimar New Member

Definitely need to nerf the Blasting/Mending adorns, lvl 96. Running ACT on a few players and it is their top damage overall. Can't believe a rune is producing that much damage, but in a group fight, PVP, it is their top damage each time.
  4. harpars Member

Yeah agree totally its procs like mad and doubled up with the brigand dagger storm the damage is insane.

[IMG]
  5. Thetmes Active Member

Read the part in red and think about what you said.

If they come out and say that it was not intended then OK its an exploit. Until then its not no mater what you or I say about it.

Edit to add. I am done discussing this with you Sora. As I said I don't agree with what happened but it did and until its deemed an exploit by SoE it is not an exploit.
  6. acidbath New Member

There just needs to be more incentive to pvp and less ability to avoid it. Lower max fly height to with in range of at least a ranged ca, spell, or weapon. Give people a reason to pvp not hide in bgs or farm mobs in wz all day. Give an exponential amount of xp for pvp kills. The New Tuneria Warzone in my opinion was a great idea however most people now zone in see the mobs are down so they zone out. Reduce the brig double and all that crap give tanks some love. I play a brig and its not even fun anymore 9 times out of ten I can cast 2-3 ca and boom dead and if they aren't dead from that add 2 more add they are certainly dead. Oh and offer blue servers a character copy to nagafen or transfer to increase population so they can see what they are missing and still be able to do their raiding etc until such a time they feel that naggy truly offers the most bang for your buck its not the same every time you fight the same old mobs because pvp adds that extra challenge. Get rid of leaderboard calls. Theres a lot more and I am sure it has all pretty much been mentioned and I probably just repeated most of what others say. Back to the top MORE INCENTIVE AND LESS ABILITY TO COMPLETLY AVOID PVP.
    Siren likes this.
  7. Caith Developer

Update: We will be keeping all focused feedback thread open until January 5th, 2015 at which point we will be locking the threads to move onto the next phase.
  8. ripeq2pvp New Member

Now you ask this question after most players have already given up on Nagafin...

First and most important let’s start with Fair play

Take away the Gear that Predicane and Jett Exploited!!!! In no way what so ever is it a fair playing field when you allow people to do this and get away with it. They are not to blame SOE IS! The fact that you did not remove the tokens and the gear from the players that were exploiting is sickening.

Allowing a 18 man bot group “the wolverine’s” to use “Ogre bot” to take down the pvp towers. This was reported by tons of people I even spoke to a GM who said he would show up at the next Warfield’s and deal with it (he never did).

Once you do that then we can talk about game mechanics but until then if you’re going to allow these players to continue to exploit and cheat then what difference will it make.

You’re setting a poor example and saying its ok to cheat and exploit nothing will happen to you in fact you will benefit from it!
    Pawder likes this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

I am shocked and excited that SOE has basically removed toughness and lethality and in eliminating PvP gear separation has opened the door to PvPing across the landscapes while questing. That's what every open PvP MMORPG does, and let's face it, just about all of them are more populated than we are here.

And let's not forget that if MC is indeed viable to PvP in now, that it not only makes MC have some worth again after years of uselessness, but also gets people out onto the landscapes harvesting! Maybe they'll even grab some quests or camp some bosses while they're there.

This is definitely a step in the right direction. Maybe more bluebie crafter/harvester types will stick their heads in the door here once word gets around.

Now if only we could get all dungeons to be open instead of instanced. Even the flight and leaper thing wouldn't be SO bad if literally everywhere you went the minute you landed you were going to be PvPing.

SOE, is it really even possible to make all the instanced dungeons open to all instead?
  10. Trasor Active Member

Caith just a clarifying question, does that mean that we should not expect updates until after January 5th or is that when things become more concrete and less changes will be made?
  11. Trasor Active Member

Now that DM's are nerfed, I don't see how I am going to get to level 100...is there any chance that xp from BG's/pvp kills can be substantially increased?
  12. Exur Well-Known Member

New "open world" quest line, make it so! The new zone is actually really fun to PvP in. I'm just hoping they don't activate that druid ring in the middle of the forest! The DM exp nerf/fix was an initial gut punch for my alt crew, but I've accepted it and look forward to questing and leveling thru PvP. It's how this game was meant to level and what drove the glorious PvP of old. So again, get out there and populate these huge zones!
  13. Trasor Active Member

I am out there man, managed to out do a level 100 sk on my temp...the only issue is that I am getting a fraction of an xp point on pvp kills and a quest just gets me like 1.5% on completion with vitality and a pot so it really just is screwing me.

Can't do the heroics or solos until 98, dm, ss are nerfed, so what do I do? Quest line would maybe take me until 97 I think.
  14. Pawder Active Member

MC gear has to be viable in pvp. Low tier pvp has to be very active in order to have new players give Naggy a try. Everyone is talking about end game issues, but really new players need to be a bigger part of any fix. I have seen nothing about bringing back pvp in low tiers. Let's forget about bringing back the elite players that left months/years ago. The focus on new players should be addressed. Who would want to start a toon here and have a bad experience when starting out. The list is endless, but really the whole idea is to make customers happy. They need to really start over in many ways. The game is out of control and the lack of SoE devs not playing the game has a lot to do with it.
    Siren likes this.
  15. Jude Member

CC immune is good for healers, you can leave it just for them. Or heals need to be boosted, they just too small for 1,5kk+ hp (in new gear). Or reduce damage in pvp if you want to remove CC immune. I just can't imagine how to heal all this damage without immunes when good geared people are down for 2 seconds.
  16. latomier Member

DO NOT start begging for DMG nerfs and or Heal boosts, right now the only thing needing nerfed are a couple things, Nuker new prestige not working with the 40% rule, Blasting Adorns needing a small nerf and Brigand's Double+DaggerStorm issue.. The majority of you are still in Dreadnaught gear fighting a hand full of people almost fully geared out and that's way it should be, you taking huge dmg from people better geared. I am in almost a full set of Overseer gear and I can tell you I take no where near the spike dmg i was taking in Dread gear.. Can I still be killed, OH HELL YES lol, I still have to pay attention to what I'm doing and thats also how it should be.. You go to nerfing DMG or boosting heals now before everyone is geared and we will end up with a pillow fight in the end, people not able to kill one another.. GET THE GEAR FIRST and then we will see whats what..
  17. Lethlian Active Member

Runes of Blasting accounting for 30% of toons parse is dumb. (as provided by ACT)

In allot of cases, blasting adorns and new prestige endlines are equaling 50% of characters parse atm. (ridiculous)

Everyone's endlines need to be looked at.

Blasting and Mending adornments need to be removed or nerfed into oblivion. (Don't care either way)

100% immunity adornments need to either go away or be cut in half on resistance.

2cp and no more fuks given.
  18. latomier Member

PLS POST ACT then, cause considering it only procs ONCE a fight in a 1v1 since 98% of fights end in 10-15secs... Cause BG fights hardly count as data proof, but pls post said parse..
  19. latomier Member

Oh and don't get me wrong, Blasting does need toned down a little but not to the point of useless, cause it does add a bit of flavor to the game.. And mending ones are a joke, they hardly proc and don't proc for much compared to the HP everyone has, I mean people don't even use Mending they are so bad.. But to claim 30% of a parse is Blasting? I can major BS cause of the proc rate in pvp and the shortness of fights.. So pls post said ACT parse, cause claiming it does isn't proof.
  20. latomier Member

Also can SOE pls up the Resists on the Overseer PvP Jewelry? Right now the Mastercrafted NON experimented stuff has double the Resists as the top tier pvp jewelry atm...Also can we pls get 6sec One handed Weapons for Scouts? all of them are 4 sec..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.