Focused Feedback - Priests

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Xelgad, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mktavish01 Member

@ Smite That is an awesome idea! linking kill count titles with legend and lore potency ;)

On the subject of adjustment to KOS AA lines ... how about the same principal you just suggested but apply differently?

We have the 3 stances offered from the first use of AA ... but then going down diff lines and specific AA positions ... will add more abilities/bonuses ... and/or stronger versions of them.

I guess basically every AA pt you assign will be a credit to 1 of the 3.
    How that would work for the druid AA line ... would be to credit all the str to the tiger form ... all the stam line to the tree form ... all the Int line to the winter wolf form.
    The Agi and Wis lines could have a mix.
    And then continue this trend throughout the 2 trees of druid ... warden/fury ... but not into the shadow tree because that's another story of stances.
  2. Kiry Active Member

Nah not for a normal spec just spend the points on wdb :)

Point is that druids never needed any more heals so yeah the ability is dumb. They should have made it a nice fat blue or something instead.
  3. Kiry Active Member

I said in Beta that Soul Shackle was dumb. The only thing good about it is the initial ward, the regen component is useless because 6s is stupid, but it parses well because it's a ward and dumb people think that because that translates to high numbers on the heal parse it's good. It's not, the end.

Spiritual Leadership got nerfed and we got Soul Shackle as a shiney "new ability" I'd call that a trade, not a gain since Spiritual leadership was topping heal parses last expansion if you cared to look. Also Ancestral Support blows dead bears so Soul Shackle is useful as a replacement.

Also, your group shouldn't be dying, druids are still OP as ****. I mean until now you've been all over these forums bragging how you never had to cast heals, like ever.
  4. The Jones Active Member

Do others feel the same way about mystic? I personally thought they were in need of a boost last expansion, but I didn't realize they had to deal with a nerf to get SS.

I know some people claim that ancestral support is strong but I'm a PUG guy and I'll never see the huge numbers that raiders see on occasion. I don't see any reason I should play mystic in PUGs over my druids. What was the point of the spiritual leadership nerf? Were mystics overpowered? I certainly never heard that to be the case.
  5. Hammdaddy Active Member

In new content i had to cast heals instead of my procs keeping the group up, please buff me. Also how is soul shackle not good? Look at what druids got.
  6. Hammdaddy Active Member

After getting my warden to 100 i just realized how awful my combat arts are seriously. Buff these like you are scouts.
  7. Smite Active Member

Wardens don't get a CA boost if behind mobs like Inqs do for right hand prestige?

Odd that choice.
    _ _ _

Since we're bringing up some Druid issues -

On the Fury prestige Force of Nature, Lightning Aura, Protective Aura, and Aura of Defense don't seem like they scale too well with the new inflation.

By contrast Fanatic's Protection, Fanatic's Retribution, Fanatical Grace, and Fanatic's Rejection all scale well no matter what the inflation is over on the Inq.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Well, there IS a benefit for being behind the mob... you don't get blocked nearly as much, but that's it for wardens. Well, that and not taking frontals in the teeth.
  9. The Jones Active Member

I second this. It would be cool if left side was viable for a fury.
  10. Smite Active Member

What if we expand on this where we <insert KOS line here that class is meh about> that makes it so it is more like AoM itemization which we know the Devs can do:

[IF]: Master Strike used on Target last 7s

[THEN]: Some kind of uber cleanse/immune/etc. of old cleric wisdom line uberness for just undead for <<that>> mob type yada yada... that scales based on your hunter/destroyer/etc. title state?

Not just damage proc and encounter spell but the groupwide 24s immunity for 50% health or less hits. Maybe let the top teir (old undead level overpoweredness) be reserved for destroyer and hunter gets 'less' of a cleanse proc and less time and %health covered 10% hunter vs 50% whatever is above destroyer or whatnot...
    _ _ _

The only downside is that for enemies that really matter... say named humanoids and dragons it might be hard to push up those titles. Maybe dragons count as more per mob down? Maybe part of the line is 'picking' one to turn on for that AA spec?

If we wanna dream about quality of life issues as Priests lets dream big.
  11. Hammdaddy Active Member

They should honestly just turn left side into a super dps side at the loss of the group damage reduction on the right side, furies don't heal tanks and even when i do i always spec right side anyway. There has not been a single raid mob i have healed an SK in left side.
  12. Edith Member

In a good mage group Ancestral Support is a solid ward. I'm not talking about the 1 mil + wards, when those happen there is rarely enough incoming damage to use any of it up. But if you pay attention to when you cast it, you should get wards in a solid 600k range for each group member. Of course most mystics don't heal mage groups, but I would think you could get good results in a scout dps group also. I agree that it is not good in a mt or ot group, but for what I need Ancestral Support is a handy tool.
  13. Kiry Active Member

Ancestral support is useless in a PUG group in heroics unless mass pulling trash and I am most certainly not going to spec for it JUST for trash, there's really no need.

And no, Mystics are not overpowered they're still a far cry from Defiler heals but we give that up for utility/dps so I can live with that.
  14. Kiry Active Member

Druids didn't need anything.

Solo healing **** like Qworux (?sp) or the last guy in Ssra Temple is like hands down cakewalk on a druid still compared to a Mystic, even with Soul Shackle, there's simply no comparison. Defilers have a much easier time of it too simply cos their myth buffs are better cos reuse on group ward 7s with that OP front end group heal every time they cast it and Nightmares is up all the time - Spirit tap 30s per 5mins...hardly compares, but it's whatevs cos rawrr dps/utility and way less boring to play.
  15. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Rage of the Wild is underwhelming as it is, although a nice instant group heal in a pinch, but yeah druids were hardly lacking in that department to begin with. I would be happier if they just removed the separate damage portion, and instead converted any unused portion of the group heal to damage. Although that would probably make it OP. But right now it's trying to be two things, and ends up doing neither particularly well.
    Mermut and Kiry like this.
  16. Kiry Active Member

It can get stupid good wards on mass AE pulls so yeah for trash it's great, but generally named fights are single target and it's just not that awesome when compared to Aegis since it's constant. On top of that, the damage from Pasts Vengeance and the pathetic heals from Helping Spirits are just not worth it. Especially when you factor in encounters with jousts, stoneskins, reflects, DR's, where you have to range attack for any reason or generally lots of movement or other scripted elements (like only certain classes can do damage), Ancestral Support just falls flat on it's face for the most part cos there's too much variability in the group's outgoing damage. Spirit Tap can also be lumped into that category on occasion too. It just comes down to knowing the encounters and timing when you can get the most out of the ability but even then it has a 30s reuse and often cannot even be practically used again when it refreshes because of the factors I mentioned above. Range dps in a mage group - is not such an issue but in a scout/offtank group it's practically worthless to use as part of an every day spec. Also on the rare occasion I heal a mage group, it's like a holiday compared to the scout/offtank group, there is literally nothing to heal so no need for Anc Support regardless. It used to be worth it for cast while moving but now everyone has the option for Cloak of Divinity/Frictionless there's literally NOTHING appealing about Mystic left-side anymore.

There's only 3 fights I even think about speccing Anc Support for and it makes me cringe when I do.
  17. Maris Member

The primary issue that should be addressed is the huge disparity between Fury and Warden DPS. Nothing in the last expansions has helped them with their melee or spell casting DPS.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

The prestige that boost CB or Pot as well as the prestige that boosts wdb... those all help.
  19. Maris Member

How does that help the disparity between the Fury and Warden DPS?
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Because wardens are more likely to use wdb then furies... and in my experience the zone-wide differences between the two classes is not huge in comparable situations. Perhaps I'm only seeing low dpsing furies, but my warden is generally isn't hugely behind the furies I've seen in dps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.